Tree of Savior Forum

[R7-R8 choice] Dear CryoKinoRunecaster

What’s your idea to your character now? Rank 8 is coming.
I’m Wiz3-Cryo-Kino-Rune-Pyro. Maybe pick Sage for utility. :smiley:
How about you?

• WL choice at rank 7.
  • Linker choice at rank 7.
  • Cryo2/Kino2 choice at rank 7.
    Let’s discuss!

Ice wall health is skill level×2 and PP hits up to 30x in 15 sec, so I recommend cryo3.

Also I fail to see Sage synergy with the rest of the build… if I was to get any rank 8 classes would be Enchanter for Enchant lightning combo with cryomancer attribute… sadly I couldn’t find anywhere on how it works with rune of ice, does the +500 get multiplied by RoI? Does ice wall shards become lightining propriety? Etc etc…

Kino2 is also a bad choice as a consequence of PP hit box not increasing with level (please someone, prove me wrong D:)

Wizz1>cryo3>Kino1>RC here, going Wizz 2 and 3 for 7 and 8 (you get more damage with +20 sec on ice wall than with +50% matk). Also Wizz 2 and 3 are a pain to level
The good part of this path is that the build is done independently of rank 9, so I’m free to pick anything after 330 (please give us another ice base class on r9)

Off topic when we are getting the ice version of the agni necklace D: I need Moar damage

I got this verson too. But in reality (boss ofc), hard to get full charge 15pp, I prefer Cryo1 verson :slight_smile:

Well, sage at least let you cast icewall combo easier, but for damage i dont know, not amazing synergy there. Cryo 2 seems meh too, but it will increase the icewall durability.

Honestly, I often get around 10 secs of combo (Siaulai and up to lv 190 dungeon) with pugs, sometimes ■■■■ happens and I get knocked down, but whenever a cleric realizes that giving me a safety wall is the best choice, I usually finish the full combo, and if the boss isn’t dead, it dies before my 50 sec buff ends.

Unless you are referring to the 120% of chance of aggroing the boss then you need a safety wall to do something adequately, but if you have a swordsman with provoke 10 tanking the boss it usually takes more than 3 secs to generate enough aggro to pull the boss which ice wall lv 5 can’t provide

Also a higher level ice wall allows for better swap shenanigans which are always fun XD

Cryo 3 also have ice Pilar that works wonders with rune of destruction ( the more monsters it hits, more damage it does) and snow rolling( IMHO one of the most fun to use skills in the game)

That’s exactly what I’m wondering. No damage at all, pick sage then hope??? :frowning:

I’m saying in case World boss competion :slight_smile:
Especially now, you need to maintain damage / receive damage, not afk over 10 seconds.
Some case like… Rexipher, you would full charge 15s there? lol

How about cryo2? Cant think about anything else

Missile hole? Yeah makes sense. But on a party scenario it will be more of a party buff than an utility skill for yourself ( superspell, quick cast, rune of ice, etc) Since stuff isn’t supposed to go after you at the start of the cast, and you shouldn’t be generating too much aggro up to this point, and any cleric on a coordinated party will put a safety wall while you are wiping the room. There was a video posted here some time ago, it was a rune caster killing a level 290 boss in around 3 seconds, theorically speaking w3>c3>psycho1>rc have the highest burst damage potential in the game with PP+ ice wall and with rune of destruction huge scale

Actually i was talking about blink, the decoy will help more with the aggro than teleport from kino.

Well… 3 sec for ice rune + 3 sec to build the ice wall + 15 sec of PP… I never fought against rexipher so I can’t say much, but you most probably will be able to get the boss aggro, so he will walk towards you. As long as he doesn’t one shot you from this point beyond… I’m pretty sure that the damage contribution will be bigger than spamming any skill from before rank 7, maybe if we are talking about lv 100 attributes it might not be worth it. We are talking about 800k to 1 million damage spread over 15 sec (reference is mine personal Siaulai golem killing speed, note that I don’t have either quick cast nor superspell) while I lack experience on the game (I’m actually a new player that loves researching), I suppose that the game count your channeling as contributing damage to the leaderboard.

Overall I belive cryo 2 is a must, cryo 3 is honestly just for a theorical maximum and utility (ice pilar, subzero), it should be noted that the ice Pilar + rune of destruction is able to deal around 35k of damage to the monsters in downtown and the map after(including elites) by just bringing together 6 or 7 monsters, it also helps with the long casting by freezing most of them

How long does the decoy lasts? Does it have a health bar? But you have a point there, I completely forgot about blink

i went with a semi solo build which is:

Wiz 3> linker 1> psy 1> cryo 1> rune caster> linker 2( rank 8)

I think this build is better for soloing and i never liked killing mobs with cryo and psy, i just run the joint penalty and magic missile combo which helps in a little in dungeons and normal maps. This build really depends on equips and audra staff for more ice wall.

Is pyro 2 a choice because of agni necklace? I’m not sure if the spells will scale well into level 330+ but it might be worth looking at since running pyro 2 gives fire pillar and level 10 fireball which can be used to finish off the boss if he hasnt died.

So assuming that pyro 2 skills do scale well with agni necklace, then in a world boss fight in between 50sec cooldown for ice wall, just use pyro skills to do damage to boss? fire pillar, flame ground, fireball and then psy pressure?

1 Like

I know why you said so, you should fight some boss then.
What do you do when your IW cooldown? ~> It’s big question when IMC applied AFK rule for Bossing (Worldboss ranking - not Mission nor Dungeon), that’s why I’m not pick cryo2.

Golem at 280 has just around 1m5 ~ 2m HP, it takes me 3~4 channeling PP IW to kill it with rune.[quote=“Umbriel, post:11, topic:330703”]
t should be noted that the ice Pilar + rune of destruction is able to deal around 35k of damage to the monsters in downtown and the map after(including elites) by just bringing together 6 or 7 monsters
[/quote]

Well, even if my destruction deal around 100~150k (counting final damge after bouncing) to ET mobs, I’m not happy with it’s cooldown. My Chrono mate need to pass twice time to get RoD up.

I like this build too. It’s hybrid with single target and groups.
I’m considering about pyro2 because of agni necklace. :smiley:

I have not been able to find much information on this. But is it when the game thinks you are not fighting the boss because you are not doing damage to it?

because I have a wiz>cryo3>psy1>RC and everytime I do my combo in siaulai mission, I see the boss hp drop really heavily but get ranked as 5th for some reason ._.

I have fought other world bosses and got their cubes though.

You are not dealing/ receiving within 10 seconds, your damage rank will reset.

Not sure about mission then :slight_smile: I dont notice in mission, but the rule has already applied for WB ranking.

On Siaulai that often happens to me, either as a combination of I’m too far away from the boss (happens often as my build is Int heavy and I like to avoid death so remaining at the auto attack range limit and only getting closer to use my skills is my usual strategy) or from 1 or more deaths, especially after I get the aggro, usually most players can’t aggro the boss after my combo.

Also this range seems to be around the shards maximum distance

I see…
I too like to not lose HP and keep a good distance away from the bosses while doing the combo.
It kind of makes sense now though. The boss takes ice shard damage but isnt registered as your damage. Thanks for sharing

"casts talt into the fire"
pray that it does effect icewall damage @_@