Tree of Savior Forum

R10 Update. Geforce 399.07. Gsync

Anyone having problems with the game stuttering badly as of the new update even with 100FPS, or whatever cap your frame rate is at?

at first I thought i was just getting 15=20 frames per second because that’s what the game feels like but I was pretty shocked to see I was getting a solid 95-100 FPS but the game is lurching along horribly.

There’s been some fixes for Gsync in the nvidia drivers very recently (last beta and last stable) after the windows april update broke some functionality a long time ago, but other games i’ve been playing have seemed better after these fixes, Tree of Savior is a lot worse.

Any idea’s, confirmation messages or such very welcome. First thing I tried was turning Gsync off for windowed applications as “fullscreen” in ToS isn’t exclusive fullscreen merely borderless windowed but it came with it’s own set of problems, even though FPS would go up to 230 it was still very choppy instead of the smooth the game used to be.

I don’t use the latest drivers, but make sure there’s no other hardware accelerated software (Discord, new Steam friends, etc) on your other monitors f you have any. Multiple monitors with different refresh rates and hardware accelerated windows generally messes with games that aren’t exclusive fullscreen.

Just got the one screen these days, i’ll try shutting everything else possible down to see if there’s something else HWaccelerated.