Tree of Savior Forum

R10 Build prep for meta ele/lock

I was browsing the kTOS forums and found these:
Wiz3 Ele3 WL2 SM2

Wiz3 Ele3 WL3 FF1

2 Likes

IMC better give unli rank resets so i can test out all these builds

1 Like

Forget it. You don’t want to be stuck with one circle of r8 class at r10, it’s a total waste. Even more with Onmyoji… unless you want to change your build to wiz3-ele3-rc-onmyo3 and ditch warlock.

Didn’t think of it, but that’s a perfectly fine solution.

That was my main choice. The big change with r10 for Elementalist is that Hail will be butchered. We don’t talk about a 10% reduction in damage here, but 80%. Basically your main AoE skill is no more… unless you take RC. Rune of Ice will reboost your lost damage by 50%, which will limit the damage loss. And you get a couple more usefull skills with RC. The only problem: you only have 15 points to spend over four skills you wish to max.

That was another of my choices, but would definitely stick to an INT based build. Switch maybe 50 points into SPR for better SP management and just use the demon as a meatshield.

I should show you how you oneshot EVERY Saalus boss with Demon Scratch. If you think this skill sucks, it’s either you didn’t max it and the Warlock’s attributes (and use Drain), you don’t position your character correctly to release the hand, or you simply lack MATK. IMO it’s the skill that does the most damage in ToS atm…

i dont like the demon scratch because of its animation , its slow and hard to hit on an agile target.

and i dont get why most people are fascinated with hail , it wasnt a great skill imo, i liked frost cloud far better, it deal a stable dps not like hail that does it on random , specially on small mobs
but now they changed it so it should be more effective on smaller mobs

Just try to find falconer3 in your party and then you will realize why these both skills are the best in whole game.

2 Likes

Hail is really for bossing and CM/Uphill scenarios. where boss hitboxes are so freaking huge it doesn’t matter, and monster density is so high you’ll end up hitting something anyway.

I don’t know what the exact math on the Hail nerf is, but if we assume it really is an 80% damage output decrease, then boosting the remaining 20% by 50% only gets you to 30% of the pre-nerf value. It’s still good in that it now just hits everything within range… but the damage output gets gimped.

Demon Scratch is awesome, though it is hard to work with sometimes. If you really dislike it, I can see WL2 Shadow2 being viable.

2 Likes

Hail will be reduced to 255% per hit at level 1, and increase by 14% per level. Hail at level 10 without attributes will be 381% per hit, compared to 901% now. The nerf actually kills around 60% of the current value.

So basically if you boost it with Rune of Ice, you’ll be doing 63.4% of the original pre-nerf value (rather than 42.3%). Against bosses it’ll do worse damage, but you’ll hit everything in range so with high mob densities, you can potentially do more damage (depending on your gear).

1 Like

Unfortunately, Hail frequency will also be halved: every 0.2s instead of every 0.1s. You will do 400%x5 instead of 1000%x10, so five times less damage per second. The only positive changes are bigger spikes (so it’ll be easier to clear a big pack of weaker mobs) and 100% accuracy instead of 65%.

Oh yeah, that’s right. Forgot about that.

So basically 381% * 50 * 100% compared to 901% * 100 * 65%. That’s 19050% total from the new Hail, versus 58565% from the old one. It’s a 67.5% decrease in damage. New Hail + Rune of Ice will bring it back to 28575%, or 49% of the original value.

Bleh. That damage cycle change really bites the skill in the a*s.

See my “ice witch” build: you can compete with r8 circle 2 classes with just a build with cryo (r2), ele (r4) and rc (r6). I guess the devs saw how overpowered Hail was for a r4 skill and nerfed it accordingly. Next will probably be Ice Pike + Electrocute combo, which is even more devastating…

Hi guys,
I wanted to know where you got the information that enemies cursed with the ff skill gets 50% more damage from dark … I did not find anything referring to that. if it is, this makes ff unfeasible in the ele-war build

Ctrl+F “Status Ailments”

anyone notice that the new attribute for WL will be an Element aditional damage bonus ? how its working that ? just like a flat dark property damage ?

maybe instead hold the elememe meta this would be a better build for both, farming and boss killer: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/n0tafztlzt/