Tree of Savior Forum

Quick cast & invocation, how do they work together?

you use quick cast, then you cast a a skill that does damage.
that simply methodology i understand.

but what happens when a skill you are going to use after casting quick cast
doesn’t work like that ?

in this case, invocation.

there’s a simply way to answer this question which the following
"GUESS WORK" as Followed:

as long as quick cast is active, any skills you may have activated after or before you used quick cast, will be Affected and any additional damage shall be implemented automatically.

if that is how quick cast works then it’s safe to say that no matter what i do, invocation will do a great work with quick cast.
but here’s the thing, that’s less than 15 seconds .

so if i want to make a farmer warlock , how on Earth do i know i’m making the right decision?

i’m literarely sacrificing 2 ranks only for 2 skills, re those ranks well spent ?

i’m giving up 2 ranks only for quick cast [damage increase] and magic missile [aoe ] with cchances to fail at who knows when there’s a discrepancy of “constant like” disorganized spawn patterns.

and that’s it, i don’t know if this is the right choice for farming.

let’s say that quick cast only affects skills after i used quick cast.
then if i’m already using invocation i would have to wait for a monster to die form invocation and then make That monster spawn a spirit bomb.

by this logic , the spirit bombs to follow suit after casting quick cast woudl be the ones with additional damage o-o ?

Surespell is already a waste of skill points since warlock has no skills to be casted except for 1 skill only [ONLY 1 SKILL] that still not worth it.
-masterma-

i appreciate anyone reading the post and all responses even more so.
t y for coming.
all help appreciated.

current ideas for farming build with good dps

wizard c 1, pyromancer c 2, linker c 1, [in a blank for now], [in a blank for now], warlock c 1, and warock c 2

i already know what i want for rank 5 6 7 and 8 .
but i’m havin ga hard time making a decicion over rank 2 3 and 4

i was thinking wiz c 1, pyro c 2 and linker c 1, or pyro c 3 and ignore linker.
but the extra damage from linker is very usefull and mybe i coud depend on it.
that’s why i decided to ask on this post “how does quick cast come into this”

perhaps i could go for wizard c 3 and Pyro c 1 for agny necklace, but then
i woud have no linker on this build at all.

Thank you for reading.

I’m gonna go on a whim and tell you to forget everything you think you know about quick cast so that my explanation becomes easier…

An invocation ball is summoned.

Invocation ball hits an enemy when I don’t have quick cast buff enabled, it does damage.
Invocation ball hits an enemy when I do have quick cast buff enabled, it does more damage.

Same logic goes for fireball.

Most “deployment” type objects scale with your current stats, the only exceptions I can quickly remember (there are probably a few more) are owl statues and OOB, both which scale with the magic damage at the time of casting…

I run a Wiz3Pyro3Warlock, and IMO if you want to have an easier time mobbing link2 would be most welcome. The damage boost provided from quick cast is neat, but on fire skills with agni, it contributes less proportionally so it’s not as necessary if you rely on your pyro skill set. Can’t say how that goes for cap level but for missions you’ll murder stuff regardless.