Tree of Savior Forum

Queue and Monster exp

I had origionally posted this as a bug because for the first time in forever I got queued with someone just over 30 levels higher than me. The new exp formula

B) Character level < monster level
- 5% EXP gain reduction per level if difference is 21 levels or more
- 25% (out of total 100%) EXP gain if difference is 35 levels or more

Is great for grinding. It means you have a lot more options.

However, with the changes to levels in queues… and how damage is calculated on higher mobs, I got no exp and died constantly to single hits of the monster.

Isn’t there some way to rework this?

i moved the thread over from bug report because I’m an idiot and thought it was some sort of bug, so some of the replies are a bit weird. sorry (yes, contrary to some people’s belief I do admit when I’m wrong lol)

1 Like

It’s working as it should tho.

Example: The mid level in the group being 120, the highest will be 140 and the lowest 100, the average level of the mob would be around 130.

I lost count of how many times I was paired with Lv 310+ on my Lv 290.

1 Like

They changed this all in a patch recently so that the queues were closer in levels, I’m 99% sure. I could be wrong and have misread.

Take care when you read the patch notes, they are translated with google translator, so many things there don’t make sense and we end up figuring out the hard way lol.

It’s quite possible I misread about the party levels, but aren’t the monsters still supposed to be averaged between the highest and lowest party members? Or did they change that again too?

Isn’t it the opposite? Queue level range is larger and that would explain how, 2 days ago, I got matched with someone level 174 while I was 134.

That’s how I understood the patch note, they increased the range to decrease queue time, but apparently they don’t know about the 999%+ damage we take because of the level difference.

1 Like

Yeah I remember about the attack and defense issue.

I found what I was looking for.

B) Character level < monster level
- 5% EXP gain reduction per level if difference is 21 levels or more
- 25% (out of total 100%) EXP gain if difference is 35 levels or more

=_=; this is why my exp is crap. The monster’s 30 levels higher than my character.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.