Tree of Savior Forum

Questions about Science! (I'm bored)

I’m kinda bored so I wanna hear people’s thoughts on these questions I have, feel free to go crazy or something bc I am dying here.

Why do science try to measure everything in nature?

If you measure something, how much does it impact our lives? How much do we apply it on our daily lives?

1 Like

Science isn’t about why, it’s about why not.

7 Likes

Science is about the touching.

Well… I guess everything is always changing, as long as things go on, they change, and… I don’t really know where I am going with this, a bit too groggy.

<Disappointed, was hoping for lewds>

4 Likes

You talking about natural philosophy or just why science has it’s own strict ways to systematically organize things to make more sense instead of all spaghetti. Wait a minute, the two things I just said probably similar. Actually idek since I not invested in either subjects.

Maybe wait and see if someone knowledgeable passes by or pick something else.

Or if you want you can tell me a small bit of information extending your OT and I’ll be able to give a proper response. Since I can’t exactly narrow down what you’re looking for, since the question itself is really broad.

Also not sure if your intention is to make debates or just hear free thoughts. I know you said you wanted to hear thoughts, but not sure if you know the subject itself really well and just want to randomly see what other people say about it for comparison to what you think.

■■■■ why this reply getting too long now, half don’t even make sense to me I think. This is what happens when you try to make me talk about complicated things as it goes off topic easily.

2 Likes

To convince humans to think objectively about the world around them? For example: violent indoctrination is bad. So is electing demagogues as leaders.

Looking at isis and the human Cheeto sitting in the white house, results have been mixed.

1 Like

I guess measuring something ethically does make sense for what he was looking for the last two questions. As we do it daily

1 Like

nah! Science is totally spaghetti :expressionless:

Science is about knowledge and understanding…

science has a lot of branches…if you’re talking about physical science, by measuring “things” it allows them to “know” or grasp a small part of our unknown universe. Food,water, oxygen, shelter these are the only things that are of absolute importance to our daily lives,… all else are just of relative importance (so, measuring things isnt really important).

If you’re talking about medical science, values/“measurements” are placed in order to know what is normal. In medicine, anything above or below the “normal values” can lead to a life or death situation.

1 Like