Tree of Savior Forum

Questions about Cryo/Chrono (Icewall, Reincarnate) [PvE, 290+]

Hi there,

2 questions about Cryo/Chrono-skills regarding: PvE, lvl 290+

1. In terms of things like ET13: Does Icewall’s “hit count” depend on the level of icewall? (i.e. how often in can be attacked before the icewall collapses)

2. For 290-dung, Saalus, ET (played up to ET15 till now), etc.:
    The usual skill-distribution is like:
    max Pass
    max Haste
    1x Backmasking
    max Quicken
    _ Reincarnate
    _ Slow
    _ Stop

–> I cant see slow and stop as really useful skills. Not sure if framing or so would be different (in R8 maps), but at least I cant remember when my cryo/chrono/sage really needed Slow or Stop the last time.
(focus for playing him: saalus, 290 dung, a bit ET [seen up to 15F])

Im thinkin about 1 Slow, 1 Stop, remainin points into Reincarnate, bec the only thing that annoys me is when Reincarnate runs out or when some sudden burst (e.g. Inquisitor) kills a boss “too fast / suddenly”.

Any experience or comment on that?
And yes, I know that the only effect of higher levels of Reincarnate is the longer duration, but yeah… that would be enough imo. Or is there some point in ET or whereever, where you really need Stop or Slow?

for reference: I could get to somethin like lvl 12 reincarnate that way which would last 17 sec.

Thx

Slow is optional, as glass-archer I wanna my chrono has Stop maxed.
Whenever our team need some space to breath (ex. 22F solmiki phase; when our Priest casting resu without safetyzone), then Chrono would be shining with his Stop.
By the way, our team got Sapper’s Detonate, we can break Stop whenever we want.
~> It’s just in my team set-up

Each block of Icewall can withstand (2 * skill level) amount of hits.

When hit by a melee physical attack or by psychic pressure, a block of Icewall produces 3 shards that fly in a conical area, dealing 1 hit each.