Tree of Savior Forum

Question Sorc-Necro

Hello, I’m aiming for a full SPR Sorc-Necro summoner. The focus will be doing the least, having my minions do the work xD.

On necromancer, having maxed skeletons, tower and shoggoth, not sure what should I focus on. Asuming SPR wont give flesh cannon much damage, not sure if Dirty Pole is a good choice to max, or just stay with Cannon.

As for Sorc, Im maxing summon, desmo and servant. Not sure what to do with Salamion, if it’s no good I was going to max familiar.

Ty for any tips.

if u are going for Sorc3-Necro3 (before Re:Build)
Sorcerer:
I don’t like Summon Servant. Some do. It helps, at lvl 2, to keep your SP not at 0 for longer once u summon the Demon with the Overwork attribute. The other things are too low value and questionable.
From my experience, max familiar is overall better than maxing Salamion. More damage, more reliable. Better.
Necromancer:
Necromancer has a debuff called ‘Necromancer Bane’. Every time a ‘Flesh’ skill (cannon, hoop, strike) lands on an enemy, it applies this debuff. It increases the damage of your skeletons by 1% per stack. The maximum number of stacks is 50. Excellent in a boss fight.
Flesh Strike gives the 50 stacks all in once at lvl 5. But the damage is not good and costs 100 corpses. U may ignore it. Flesh Cannon and Flesh Hoop are your (only) stacking skills. Hoop is more reliable, but u have to go melee. Flesh Cannon needs aiming and a bit of luck (each hit has a chance of applying the debuff).
If u are not going pvp, u may ignore Dirty Pole. Or just 1 point, for maximum friendly-troll.

I hope this helped. Have fun!

Personally I play Cryo 3, Sorc 3 and Necro 3.

Necro:
Max Skeletons, Shoggoth, tower
Dirty Pole to 32 duration.
Level 10 Flesh Hoop so that each hit gives you 10 stacks of Necromancer Bane
1 Level Flesh Cannon for range refresh on boss monsters
1 Level Gather Corpse
1 Level Disinter
Rest of points can go into like Flesh Cannon or whatever you want really.

Sorc:
15 Summoning
1 Summon Familiar
Max Desmo
Max Evocation
Summon Servant max (though it really depends how much you want and need this, I would only spend the money for the mats for raids or maybe a group challenge mode)
Max Morph
Max Riding
Max Hold (kinda of a taste thing, depends on if you want another command for your demon or not)
~12 Salmion (His heal depends on his own hp, therefore leveling him up increases the heal he does, the debuffs he does also can be okay)
Rest of points where you want

Cryo:
1 Ice bolt
1 Ice Pike
15 Ice Wall
Max Snow Rolling
Max Sub Zero Shield
Max Frost Tree
Rest of points into Ice Pike

Generally I apply the Necromancer debuff with Flesh Hoop even in a group of enemies as I can simply freeze them. You can roughly circle through 3 x Ice Pike and 1 Frost Tree with just a little downtime, thus rendering a big amount of enemies useless. As enemies are frozen they can’t attack while you can apply Necromancer bane either with Hoop or with Flesh Cannon. Hoop also has “Attack Weakened” as well which reduces the damage you and minions take slightly.

Of course there are a lot of attributes to max in all 3 classes.

Not sure what I will do after Re:Build. The current build I have has a lot of defensive options but getting Bokor could be amazing as well though you need to change how you play as you loose the defensive options.

Dear @Zaleos, do not listen to a single thing this guy says, he apparently does not “like” the best buff in the game and therefore cannot be trusted.

Actually yeah, reading the rest of what he said, literally everything is wrong except the bit about dirty pole being pretty much PVP only, so do the exact opposite of everything else he says and you’ll be golden.

Sorry to say but Flesh Strike is garbage and gets removed with Re:Build anyway. Flesh Cannon can work but if you want to be sure you would need Surespell or else a random hit interrupts your cast and you can start again.

The cat is a good buff, sadly really expensive for normal play. The reagent costs 2k I believe. But the utility it brings in serious group content is great. Personally I don’t need it when playing alone.

Would you prefer Flesh Strike over Flesh Hoop and Cannon?
I can see Hoop being a controversial choice for a lot because it is melee, a self buff, etc. . But it having a duration allows longer uptime of the 50 stacks if you slowly hit the boss once like every 1 or 2 seconds to refresh Necromancer Bane. Attack Weakened is a nice bonus on top of it. Though most don’t use Hoop because of low damage and you have to get in the middle of the fight. =x
Well, you can see my advice above. =P

So it doesn’t matter if you pick cannon or hoop. All 3 skills are utter garbage, but maxing either cannon or hoop is important. I always pick cannon simply because hoop is really boring as a playstyle.

2k is not expensive, but if you expect to be in a group at all, you are doing your party a huge disservice by not having it. You are gonna be in a group more than never.

Well, I have both skills:
Hoop at Level 10
Cannon at Level 1

I stack with Hoop and refresh with Cannon once while Hoop is on CD to keep my 50 stacks on a boss. Hoop is better in the 330 dungeon as they added so much knockdown recently and Hoop at least still hits even if you get knocked down and gives you another chance to stack.
Level 10 because I get 10 stacks each hit if I run through a group of enemies, thus boosting the damage of my Skeletons by 10%.
The other points went into Dirty Pole and stuff, which can be nice for Group play:
Gather mobs, Frost Tree + Dirty Pole to let Missile classes have a field day at the mobs.

Well, I rarely use Cannon because I don’t have Surespell and thus need to position carefully. Normally I just use my Cryo skills and Sorc skills then trying to place a Flesh Cannon.
Also, I believe Hoop costs only 5 while Flesh Cannon costs 15 and can miss if the enemy moves out of it once you locked it in. As you probably will get less corpses in Re:Build that is something we should consider.

I find it expensive if I am just going to play a bit by myself. I personally don’t need these stats when I am playing solo. I can see the use in group play but even in the 330er dungeon it seems like a waste because it doesn’t make a difference right now. I rather save the 2k instead of using it for almost no gain at all.
Of course its different in raids or other, more difficult content.
That is to say, I have it maxed but rarely make use of it outside the mentioned serious group content.

Max cannon
1 Hoop
0 Flesh Strike

Sorcerer skills for C3:

Do not skip summon servant. If you’re C2 then max familiar instead of Salamion.

Ouch!
Where is it so good? 50 magic defense, 50 dark property damage, some stamina (don’t remember the number) that is useless right now and +1 (or +2) AOE attack ratio. The only really useful thing is the SP regen, which halfs the regen cycle (instead of every 20 sec, goes to every 10 sec). AND costs 2k every 5 minutes. Only have it at level 2 so can save my SP whenever I need the Overwork attribute on. Unless 50 magic defense is GODDESS tier and I’m stupid.
From my own experience, a Full SPR build cryo3-sorc3-necro3, my bats are hitting like 100k against monsters in the Fantasy Library’s dungeon (SR9 and beyond). Salamion is not hitting this much as fast as the Familiar’s cd.

Every level in the skill increases the effect of all buffs. At level 5 summon servant it provides +5 AoE Attack Ratio. The SP regen bonus also scales by +10% per skill level as well.

Even if you don’t like the MDEF/Dark Property Damage/Stamina regen, the fact it scales the potency of AoE Attack Ratio and SP regen makes it critical.

So random that Summon: Familiar is level 2. xD
Wouldn’t the heal of Salamion be better if you put it to 12?

Does the mode only count the kills you did yourself?
Because how else do you get to stage 42 without a single kill.

@pedro_h_g_alexandre
He probably meant that in regards to group play as other classes can profit from the buffs to different extent, like doing more AoE damage or use more skills. As crevox said, it scales as well over the 5 levels.

Summon Familiar has the advantage of loosing CD time the higher the skill level. I prefer Salamion for the debuffs and the heal he has at Sorc3. The heal is based on his HP and counters damage taken as well as Overwork.

I tested it at level 5 in the last rank reset thingy and only changed by 50. Either Silute server is broken or the game is not really showing me.
And, legit question: how do u hit monsters with Evocation? I did my best on landing this thing at the top of every head I could but no damage was dealt. Am I stupid?

That’s just because of a skill gem in my gloves. It’s only level 1.

The mode is completely solo.

The kills counter is there if you fail on a wave. It remembers how many kills you got on the wave to compare against someone else that also failed on the wave.

If I fail on wave 43 and killed 5 monsters before time ran out, it will remember that so that if someone else gets to wave 43 and kills 10 monsters, they will be ranked higher than me. Even numbered waves are bosses, and I did not defeat the boss in that run, so the kill count was zero.

Yes, the heal is extremely important. That’s the main incentive behind Salamion.

Make sure you have a card in the second slot of your grimoire. Then you just cast the skill. The exploding demon will hit any enemies nearby.

Ah, I didn’t factor in skill gems.
I would probably only use the Desmo skill gem.

I did the mode once therefore I was wondering but the way you explained it makes sense.

Generally you should have two demons anyway as you can morph for a boss fight.

Sadly you don’t get a skill of the second demon, would be nice to use the different skills of each demon with the spell.

Morph lowers your summon damage. :tired:

Yep. Fun fact: Overwork attribute does not apply to the Morphed demon.
…wait, where is the fun?

Why?
It should copy the stats and actually increase the damage of the second card?
Does it lower it even if you have two 10 star demons in the slots?
Why even have this skill then? -.-

Like, the more you learn the more you are baffled how people not notice these mistakes when testing their game. =x

Sadly, it goes in boots. I am using joint penalty gem which is more important to me (right now).

So they never fixed that, huh?
You probably would mostly use it for specific situations like a boss fight or you need some cc. Also, it could compensate for the lower stats a lot of other demons have.
The morph skill would make more sense if the different skills of each demon were more powerful and had different effects. Would be a good chance to buff every other demon to get away from this “Marnox/Froster Lord” meta… .

Wow!

Imma need to do some serious research. Things have changed too much since I last played. I dont remember cat costing 2k anything …nor I recall this “necromancer bane” o_o .

Thanks for answers.