Tree of Savior Forum

Question regarding Elementalists

So as the reset event almost come to an end. I’m at a crossroads on choosing my main build. Something is bugging me regarding elementalists

Does elems require quickcast and surespell?

My build that I have in mind is Wiz>pyro2>elementalist3>warlock2 although I keep feeling paranoid on whether I should stick with it due to it’s viability in the future (For solo and group content(ET,Solmiki)) and also if elems really need quickcast and surespell.

and If you’d like. You can suggest some builds which can do ET/Solmiki. (Alternative to elememe)

They dont “need” surespell or quick cast.
Only things you have to cast are Electrocute, Hail and Meteor.

Quick Cast is handy but not really needed.
Surespell has more weight to it tho, if you can position yourself then you can do without, its all about positioning.

In Solo play guess you would have a harder time, but then again i suppose you could just rely on your instant casts instead then.

My wizard is only rank 6 so I couldn’t test full builds, but I had a lot of fun with Cryo2 > Ele 3. I felt it was a nice compromise between support and damage and my plan was to take Cryo 3 > Rune at ranks 7 and 8. Take this with a grain of salt since, as I said, I’m only rank 6, but it might be something you might or might not want to test yourself while the resets are still here.

Eles, like RCs, are one of the classes in the Wiz tree where QC/SS definitely help though due to most of your arsenal having cast times. But it is not needed as much now with this patch, especially with the QC att. nerf.

As said, it is a matter of positioning and how you prefer to play the class.

I´m a RC Ele, and I´m not using surespell, sometimes my cast gets delayed or even cancelled, but it´s a question of positioning and experience with your build.

At rank 9 I gonna take wiz 2 probably for more consistency, but so far it´s ok.

I tested this build before, and I think for it to work smoothly without QC/Surespell you might need to go outta the common way a bit. IMO it’s better to focus on maxing quick casting skills like Prominence, Freezing Sphere and Meteor (lv1-2 only), combo with Pyro skills for explosion attribute + WL skills for, you know, godly damage? Electrocute and Hail have desirable damage, sure, but I think it’d be a waste if you take too long casting them (IF you succeed tho, plus their cd), compared to the other instant casting skills.

In the end I didn’t stick with it tho, since I found another build more enjoyable to me. I have no experience in ET yet so I can’t tell for sure what would work best there, among the DPS wizard builds I’ve tried, I find those 4 builds most viable:

• Pyro2Ele3WL2: Already spoke about it.

• Pyro2>Thauma3>Warlock2. My main’s build. Thauma’s buffs are amazingly strong and flexible in almost every situation. Now not only do I have decent solo power, but I’m also highly wanted in pt.

• Elememe: It’s meta for a good reason. Really sweet dmg, even smoother kill than Pyro2Thau3WL2 due to more skills that could kill effectively without needed to press much buffing beforehand.
    Rolling between skills is such a piece of mind too since basically you just need to spam DPS skills, skill order doesn’t matter except for Rain -> Hail -> Electro combo (and even if you messed up this order the dmg is still decent anyway).

• W2>Link1>Ele3>FF2: Can cover both bossing and AoE dmg. Bloodsuck increases your chance of survival as well. Personally I prefer this way more than the meta farming build W2>Link2>Thau2>FF2. At least when JP is on cd I have other things to do.