Tree of Savior Forum

Question about Vienarazis Mace and general +min/max attacks

Yeah your typo just confused me. Anyway, check the table above

source: here

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t see that table yet :open_mouth:

So yeah, theyā€™re better, just did 2 level 6 blue gems on their way to level 7 for nothing

Theyā€™re still good for magic usersā€™ shields, i guessā€¦ and gloves butā€¦ lol sp rec

1 Like

@tampon

Thanks a lot for the table, Red Gems here I go, making 6 level 6 red gems (armor,pants and weap) for starters from now on to my next set of gear.

3 Likes

No it is not. I have the mace and can confirm it does add to magic attack.

standard forum bullshitting about things they donā€™t even have to test with

alright guys, calm down. why would you even bother testing when the game says theyā€™re different stats. maybe if you get enough int itā€™ll turn your swordsman skills magic, donā€™t know until you tryā€¦

Some screenshots on the min-max stats affecting matk

This is prior to equipping the mace. 574 Int, 976-976 matk, 0 mamp equipment.

After equipping the mace, 1819 - 1971 matk.

Min matk = 976 (initial matk) + 111 (matk from int in mace) + 532 (matk from mace) + 32 (lv7 blue gem) + 168 (min attack from mace) = 1819

Max matk = 976 (initial matk) + 111 (matk from int in mace) + 532 (matk from mace) + 32 (lv7 blue gem) + 320 (max attack from mace) = 1971

So the mace actually adds 700 - 852 matk, discounting int bonuses. Here is a +9 windia with lv2 transcendance I saw from another player.

Judging from this, the mace actually is better than windia rod as long as windia is below +10 and under lv3 trascendance.

5 Likes

@Nekorin

Thanks for the screenshots!

It works exactly as I expected!

532 + 111 = 643

643 + 168 = 811

643 + 320 = 963

with 2 level 6 gems, red or blue it gives:

480 max matk = +240 matk (red)

+150 matk (blue)

soā€¦

811~1443 matk with red gems

961~1113 matk with blue gems

revamped gems considered obviously!

Whoa good info here! I was eyeing the mace myself but knowing that the ā€œmin/max attackā€ as described on the mace and red gems applies to matk too is a gamechanger for me. Thanks guys!

To me having the mace is a both a good thing and a bad thing. Saw your post on the wiz balancing and this mace vs rod /staff balancing is also worrying.

The 3 magic attack purple items, Windia Rod, Vienarazis Mace and Vienarazis Staff each has an item level of 403. Item levels are supposedly used to balance equipment with regards to their relative power level in relation to each other.

It just makes no sense that the mace has a magic attack level that is almost to a +9 lv2 transcended rod that is of the same item power level, although it canā€™t be upgraded in the matk dept. What happened to the balance.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s fair because you canā€™t enhance or upgrade the mace but well, I understand your point.

Keep in mind that if your intention is simply waiting for the orange recipes then you probably wonā€™t want to craft either of the purples, seeing as thereā€™s still no other way to acquire Practonium. Your best bet would be raising an alt (preferably one that doesnā€™t actually need a top weapon, i.e. support), snatching the Prac off of that and tucking both between ur breast warm and tight till paper cube recipes are in.

As far as orange 315 weapons go, iā€™d go with the Staff rather than either the rod or mace. It has quite the superior base matk than both, as well as some much needed con if youā€™re to drop con entirely from stat point distribution :thinking:

@meiohjp

Rank 8 havenā€™t even completed 2 weeks. There are most likely going to be other ways to acquire Practonium, even if at high prices (10m each for example if only level 320~330 WB drops it)

I got 1 rank 8 char, 1 rank 7 level 250 PD and a rank 4 char waiting for Miko so thatā€™s 3 Practoniuns in the foreseeable future.

By the way, staff is indeed, for WIZARDS, a better option, Clerics can NOT wear Staffs though, you still lose Lionhead Dagger/Shield though.

1 Like

I agree that thereā€™s probably going to be another way to acquire it, but it has been quite a bit longer than 2 weeks for ktos and thereā€™s still no other way that iā€™m aware of. In fact upon checking the AH like 2 days ago there was a single prac for 48m up over there. This is IMC after allā€¦

One thing that makes me wary of other ways through which you could get Practonium is that for some god forsaken reason 315 orange gear is actually higher ilvl and superior in every way to Solmiki, which requires 330 to even wear and wellā€¦ you know how the acquiring method goes. :sweat:

And yeah, iā€™d feel worse about ā€œlosingā€ lionhead dagger/shield if you could trans the dagger to improve it, and if they didnā€™t cost yet another practonium on their own.

The orange gear requires two Practoniums too. RIP to those without a bunch of Rank 8 alts Lulz

Thanks for the post! :kissing_heart:

Also iā€™d like to add something that just occured to me: Squireā€™s Weapon Maintenance. Itā€™s something iā€™ve been using full-time lately cuz IMCā€™s great (and honestly anyone with any trans level at all should consider, even before the retarded mdef). A 9star level15 weapon maintenance is 144 matk, multiplied by trans, and cant be obtained at all on the mace :disappointed:

So the Windia Rod on your pic would have had 966 matk, up from 779. The Mace still might be the better choice if you donā€™t plan on transing it at all (trans2 honestly doesnā€™t take long), but the catch is youā€™d basically be at your limit for matk until you can get your hands on a orange weapon.

@meiohjp

Squireā€™s weapon buff if not multipled by transcendence.

It is

(529 + 144 + 121)*1.1 + 50 (gems are not affected) = 923.4

2 Likes

@meiohjp

Well, as Iā€™m not transcending purple weapons anyway to use in 2+ characters, the club still seems fine (as it gives ~the same as this +8 T1 315 staff)

Regarding Practionium: Weā€™ll eventualy get them, even if at a price of 40m each Iā€™d buy those if itā€™s the only option left.