Tree of Savior Forum

Question about the Electrocute Skill

Guys, I need to know if Electrocute Skill deals high damage equipped with attribute skills? I know it synchronize with Cryo’s Freeze since Cryo has an attribute skill: Freeze Specialty. I know nothing about the Elementalist skills plus Elementalists has a attribute skill unique also to electrocute, which gives additional percentage damage to frozen enemies…I just love the Electrocute skill because its the only lightning attribute skill on wiz class.

Please I need to know your knowledge about this and opinions as well

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

Guys? anyone? please need your help

Electrocute very mediocre at best. It deals 4 hits per target and up to 9 targets at level 14. Just you know Frost Cloud deal 33 hits total with 20 aoe ratio.

The only thing work well with Electrocute is Joint Penalty.

So, the electrocute does not do well with Cryomancer’s skills? like if the mobs becomes frozen, and it doesn’t take up high damage to that?

Yeah it give more dmg on frozen mobs but its still too pale compare to Frost Cloud or many other strong aoe.

Im at Ele 1 right now. With linked enemies its pretty good, and with linked and frozen enemies its awesome. However, its not that easy to set up freeze since eletrocute has 2s cast time plus animation, and freeze only lasts for 5 seconds. (and the server has high latency at the moment, so you can’t cast eletrecoute instantly after a freeze skill).

I believe that Hail -> Joint Penalty -> Eletrocute combo will be pretty good, but haven’t gotten to Ele 2 to get freeze on hail yet. You also have Rains which adds another 35% damage. This however will probably only be useful in dungeons / boss, way too much trouble/sp to set up while leveling.

1 Like

Just to clarify, Eletrocute does 250% dmg on linked enemies, 200% damage on frozen and 350% on linked and frozen. Its actually so good against linked enemies im considering going Linker 2 after Ele 3 ( Wiz -> Cryo -> Linker -> Ele 3 -> Linker 2 ) to be able to hit more enemies with link :slight_smile:

At least thats how Im guessing the math works (by adding modifiers, if you instead were to multiply the damage increase would be totally insane)

1 Like

Depending on how the games mechanics operate Electrocute may potentially be uber.

For example if Damage Bonuses from attributes stack what your looking at is for max damage;

THESE CALCULATIONS DO NOT INCLUDE “ENHANCE” ATTRIBUTES AND ARE BASED ON DATA FROM TOSBASE.COM

This combo requires the enemy to be frozen first then cast Joint Penalty > Rain > Electrocute(In Theory should work because Freeze lasts 5secs… in theory)

–Cryomancer Class Attribute Maxed = +50% Lightning Damage on Frozen Enemies.
–Linker - Joint Link Skill Attribute Maxed = +50% Lightning Damage on Frozen Enemies
–Electrocute Skill Attribute Maxed = +100% Lightning Damage on Frozen Enemies.
–Rain Skill Attribute Maxed = +35%

Electrocute LVL 15(WIZC1/LINKER C1/CRYO C1/ELEMENTALIST C3 BUILD);
Attack: 609
Attribute Damage: 0%
Number of Targets: 9

Base Damage = 609

Bonus 1 Damage =Joint Penalty – Base Damage (+50%) = 913.5
–Bonus 1 Damage = 913.5

Bonus 2 Damage = Cryomancer Passive – Bonus 1 Damage(+50%)
–Bonus 2 Damage = 1370.25

Bonus 3 Damage = Electrocute Passive – Bonus 2 Damage(+100%)
–Bonus 3 Damage = 2740.5

Bonus 4 Damage = Rain Skill – Bonus 3 Damage (+35%)
–Bonus 4 Damage = 3699.675

Final Skill Attack Damage after Buffs from Passives = 3699.675

If Bonuses dont stack, then its simply the damage bonuses as % added together then apply to base.

ie. 50 + 50 + 100 + 35 = 235%

235% or 2.35 x 609 = 1431 after chaining all those skills on a frozen enemy.

2 Likes

wow that is simply marvelous! thank you for a detailed reply :slight_smile:
i really appreciate it :wink:

1 Like

It does a ton of damage (I tested in iCBT2, wiz->cryo->link->ele 2), but it requires a whole build around it, you miss out on Wiz 3 for quick cast and you only really do damage when electrocute and joint penalty are up.

My combos did enough damage to 1-shot a group of 5 mobs in Legwyn Family Dungeon solo, but after I rolled the keyboard I was useless and vulnerable until they were back.

Wiz 3, Cryo, Linker, Ele 2 would be the build if you were determined to do this build.

It’d probably be better at PvP with faster casting skills, direct-to-target attacks rather ground targeted AoEs, more cooldowns, more CC and some versatility compared to wiz 3 ele 3, but you’d also have to live with the nuisances it’d have in PvE.