Tree of Savior Forum

Question about the Dungeon Matchmaking Bonus EXP

Group finder was the first step WoW did to become casual friendly, who cares about ninja looting ect when you can play with ppl from different servers.

600% EXP bonus for “not playing with your friends” is horrifying.
I read this when it was in a patch note for kTOS but didn’t think much of it (even forgotten about it), as I thought it might be an error or 600% total, and since this would clearly make a lot of people object to it o-o

We need facts ASAP.

I don’t want the game to force players, on a daily basis, into the situation where they tell their friends that they’ve got to party with random strangers instead of them for a while, because it’s 6 times faster.

WTF

Please don’t let this be the case in iTOS!

@Staff_Julie

2 Likes

From my understanding the only reason they did this in the first place was the game is dying in kTOS and it was taking ppl forever to form groups so they gave a large bonus for people joining the group finder.

I don’t see why it should have any % bonus over custom forming a group. The benefit of it being convenient is already enough of a bonus.

1 Like

Almost all korea MMOs do this now, it’s a bonus they put in because a party made of random will usually always have more problem doing dungeons then a premade so they give the EXP bonus for randoms to make up for it.

And be thankful it’s only EXP bonus, some MMOs give you stuff like HP+20% Damage+20% and double drop rates/Gold for doing solo Q in dungeons.

It’s also because it encourages lone players to keep playing and stay in the game, people who don’t want to socialize or be part of guilds or whatever can still level just as fast as anybody else.

1 Like

Just as note.

Normal group with 5 different jobs= 450% bonus exp.
Random Group= 600% Bonus Exp.

You will get 120% Exp in dungeon with random.
And 90% if in group.
As that amount of bonus exp WILL get divided by the amoutn of players.

From what you would get SOLO.

It’s made so that more dungeon runs happen … as ktos died down so fast.
And if you go in solo and do the whoel thing alone. You get 100%.
But you will need longer then in a group~

That’s it.

It’s okay, not unfair and not really relevant.
Just don’t make a premade where everyone has the same job as his last chosen one… 5 times elementalist will ruin your fun xD…

Ohh and yes.

You actually lose out on exp if you decide to have two people with the same job. 14% less of these 90% you get with full bonus. Per double. Down to 20% with 5 times same.

Makes you not wanna run 5 QS AA builds in one go xD… premade atleast. Random doesnt matter.

2 Likes

Oh! I thought the random group would also get the diversity bonus if it applied oO

Are you sure about this or just assuming it?

Also you mean “4 different jobs” since there are only 4 branches and that’s what adds to the bonus.

If parties via match-making do not get party-bonuses for diversity etc, then that would be completely fine by me, but I sort of doubt it’s the case.

Who knows there is no word from IMC that this will b there for ITOS version also , we r totally blind.

Just to note I believe it’s all 4 different base classes, not 5 different jobs. I would like a confirmation on that one though from someone who has played on ktos after the change.

http://pastebin.com/juaTU719

"1) General Party EXP.
- 2 Players (180%)
- 3 Players (220%)
- 4 Players (280%)
- 5 Players (350%)

• The bonus of ‘Unique Class’ experience will also apply to the party members.
  • If there are 3 Unique jobs in party, +10% bonus experience will be applied.
  • If there is 4 Unique jobs in party, The bonus experience will increase to +50%.

Unique Class Example :
( Archer, Warrior, Cleric, Wizard) == 4 Unique Job Members

1. Party Automatic Matching System
  • The unique-class bonus does not apply if the party was created via automatic matching.
  • Instance Dungeons created via Automatic Matching will increase the 5 players experience gain by 600%
  • If other members leave during the instance, experience will increase by +120%
  • This bonus experience doesn’t apply during 1 mans days.
  • However, the experience bonus is applicable only when the parties sharing setting is set to ‘evenly distributed’."
2 Likes

I would be okay with this feature, if there was an Option to autofill your already existing group.
And the “normal” Option to Register alone.

Like my Boyfriend and I are always playing together. So it would be really nice, if we could autofill our group with 3 randoms.
I call it win win: we 2 can play on the same group and we get that ridicolously high 600%exp buff.
(And the 3 randoms get the buf too.)
There should be enough people Solo to fill up existing partys.
(Or two 2player group and 1solo merging. Or a 2player group and a 3 Player group etc etc etc.)

Why is that not an option?!

(Is it to complicated to make it happen with coding? Idk… I cant even Programm my disk recorder @-@)

2 Likes

Not complicated.

But if you’re imc.

You might think.

So what happens if there’s alot of 3 people and 4 people queing up …
Wont the que time increase drsatically. As there’s no 2 people teams or solo guys to fill them up.

I already heard that argument in another beta. And dev’s want to make the people happy that que up … sadly that means. They need to que up fast into an match/dungeon at most times. Not that you can have fun with people you like.

It’s easyer to say. Either go random and help us save que time or get 4 friends together with any means possible.

So.

1. people who play with 1-2 friends get penalized. They play with friends and get 30% less exp in each dungeon. You can run 2-4dungeons a day. After lvl 200ish you cannot level in outdoor maps and you have no quests. So all your exp per day is 2-4 dungeons and missions. You will be losing exp every day. Log out. Then wait till tomorrow.

2. people with friends need to suffer even more. Besides loosing precious dungeon exp after lvl 200 ( this is when it does matter), they will have a hard time trying to find other party members since most people will use the finder anyway (bc it is fast and easy).

Summary: if you want to play with your gf, bf, husband, wife, brother, sister, best friend etc, be ready to lose time and exp.

Nice decision, IMC.

Please, let us queue with friends! @STAFF_John, @Staff_Julie

2 Likes

but then system will be prone to abuse because of

[quote=“FxFighter, post:10, topic:153286”]- If other members leave during the instance, experience will increase by +120%
[/quote]
You Q with 2 friends, kick the random 2 and get the bonus (get whole 600% divided only among you and your 2 friends).

I don’t believe you can queue in any party so the best attempt you could do is queue at the same time as your friends.

The thought did cross my mind about people doing stuff like kicking players for more bonus. You’d want to hope they either dont allow kicking in those parties or would require something like a majority vote.

A majority vote would do.
Imc should not make everyone suffer just because they are lazy to polish the dungeon finder…

Make the exp go up only if ppl leave. Dont, if they get kicked. Or dont make exp go up at all.

3 Likes

It kinda sucks when there is NO ONE making actual parties for instance dungeons, simply because the 600% from the automatic ones are too high to ignore.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a pretty poor system. It also significantly benefits groups that are ahead of everyone such as my group cause we can queue for dungeons in random and still get premade cause we’re the only ones queuing.

Was heavily debated in this thread: What's the point of Dungeon Matchmaking if it's solo Q only?

The main arguments are:

FOR (aka we should have 600% vs 450%)

• Encourages matchmaking (Counter: An incentive for solo queue is also a DISINCENTIVE for party making. And really, in an MMO, solo should never > party)
  • Allows unpopular classes a chance at dungeons (Counter: There’s still matchmaking anyway for these classes)
  • Griefing by the group of players (Counter: There’s no kick system so they cannot abuse their majority power to kick the solo player)

AGAINST (aka we should have 600% for both)

• Discrimination against partying (Counter: Premades have an advantage. My personal counter: So? It takes effort to make a premade and get organized, rather than just a click to join the solo queue. In fact, this being a PARTY based MMO game, you should be ENCOURAGED and rewarded for making a premade rather than penalized.)
3 Likes

Holy cow. I just found out about this feature. I mean, in the SEA server, where I’m currently using the lv 50 dungeon, it never cross our mind to use the party searching system. Most of us, just form party on the dungeon entrance and shout or find people to fill on our group. I don’t think most of us know about this exp boast though.

waves uhm well this might not be the ideal solution butttttttt my friend and I who have been gaming together for years were like " what in the world?! we are in the same party and cant dungeon together?! you would think if the leader qued it would bring the other person by default!!" So what we decided to do was talk to the dungeon pillar, count to 3 and Que up at the same time. And it worked for us each time!! So in theory this might work out for maybe just two people… and also there might be a chance you might que before the other… but the few times i have tried it with my comrade ( counting to 3 and queing at the same time) we have always qued together.

If you queue up at the same time the chance is high that you get put together, especially if there aren’t more than 9 people on the queue.

The bonus XP you get for queue is only 33%, not 600%.

And it wouldn’t make sense to give this bonus XP for fixed groups even partially fixed groups, because the point of the bonus XP is to compensate for the risk of getting a bad group. You don’t have that risk if you use a fixed group.

If you want to do a full dungeon run with friends that just organize the group yourself. Stand next to the entrances, hop channel and post party links into normal chat saying “FULL RUN”. It works.

1 Like