Tree of Savior Forum

Question about Summons

Considering summons (Sorcerer and Necromancer) attack scale off MATK, would Thaumaturge swell left arm, the ability that increases yours and the parties PATK and MATK, increase the damage of sorcerer and necromancer summons? I might be mistaken though, do they scale from our weapons MATK and not overall MATK?

This would be a full SPR build, Swell Left Arm scales from SPR as well as INT?

Summons scale off the raw MATK from your weapon (+blue gems) and SPR. Thaumaturge swells don’t benefit your summon because not only do they not buff the summon, but the MATK provided to you isn’t sourced from your weapon, so it does nothing.

Swell Left Arm scales equally well from SPR and INT. Swell Brain only scales with SPR.

In the next content update, there will be an attribute for Swell Left Arm to make it provide +10% damage dealt for your summons… but this still will not increase their ATK.

Thank you. I think I’ll skip using Thaumaturge in my summon build for now.

Just to confirm. I’ve always heard that gems didn’t affect summon damage.

So it does affect? I actually use blue gems but never did the before/after test.

Only blue gems work because they scale the minimum MATK value.

However, yes, they do increase summon damage.

1 Like

Weapon magic attack value + blue gem on main weapon work. Red gem does not apply.
Remember anvil, trans also work.
Pardoner buff does not affect.
Squire weapon maintenance affects.
SPR affects summon damage.
Card stars affect.
Linkroller card for SPR.
Card-effects do not apply to summons.

When summoned, summon will snapshot your SPR status.
Weapon value is updated when you change weapons.
Recommendation: stack high SPR such as masinios rod, use Summoning, swap to stronger weapon ->staff with 5x blue gem, enjoy strong summon.

This is test for blue gem effect. Compare damage before and after removal of 3 blue gems.
Weapon with 2x7starblue gem & 1x6star blue gem, damage reach 32’000.
6:30 removed blue gem, damage lower. Cannot reach 30’000+

1 Like

Lavenzard Cards can give slightly higher SPR now. +450 SPR for 10 seconds against +300 SPR from Linkroller.

EDIT:
Lavenzard Cards can give slightly higher SPR now. +45 SPR for 10 seconds against +30 SPR from Linkroller.

Not sure if this is recommended though. I’ve been thinking on testing that.

So, the classic “just in case confirmation” - did anyone test if Lavenzard +SPR buff works for Summoning?

Not 450 or 300. It’s only 45 or 30. Linkroller adds STAR to SPR and Lavenzard adds STAR*1.5 to SPR for 10 seconds.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. I was sleepy and messed up. The difference isn’t even that big. Probably not worth much then to use Lavenzard.

I edited the line to prevent confusion >_<