Tree of Savior Forum

Question about Linker's JP + Hangman's Knot

Hi Linker wizard fellow,
I wanna try alter-linker char;
I’d like to know about which skill can be combined with Linker’s JP + Hm’s Knot. So, please correct me about my question:
(Assume Hm’s Knot got max attr. to reduce AoE defend)
(1) Is Magic missile got benefit from Hm’s Knot or just use JP enough?
(2) After some research, I know that all linked-mobs by JP just got x2 damage from AoE skills. I wonder which skills are considered as “Not AoE skills” (they got more damage than AoE skill, right!?).
(3) How much percent damage C2 (and C3) Linker’s JP + HmK compare to C1 Linker? (I mean with each Circle sacrifice to linker, how much percent damage we got, consider JP + HmK combo in single-target / AoE skill). Assume linked mobs have very high HP, they can survive until the link broken.
Thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:

As of now, JP is overpowered (or working as intended? lol), what i mean is, i have a Linker C2 > Chrono C3 (to be, i am at C1 almost C2) and i only have 1 Circle of Pyro for solo purposes.

Normally, pyro C1 for solo purposes would be the most useless thing you could ever think of after Lv 140, but i am at Lv 170+ and with linker in the equation it does a huge damage burst, even on tanky mobs (the ones with high HP pool) and kill them really fast.

Imo, i think the way it is now it is good, specially for support inclined builds like the one i pointed there.

But i am sure IMC will fix it at some point.

As for fitting in a build, i would suggest you to go C2 for 8 links, C3 i think only add 2 extra links and a new skill, and that skill is good for support, if you plan on go in offensive build, take C2 max and get some other offensive class you feel like it so you can do some more damage (since JP at Lv 10 stay for 1min as long as the mob don’t move too far away or the unlink (not skill) bug act up).

Thank you, but I’d like to hear more about Hangman’s Knot (and its attribute) :smiley:

@Isuke_Shiro

HK reduces all monsters AoE def to 0, basicaly any skill with AoE, even tiny ones like FF’s.

This breaks links way faster than common and after kToS patch Linker got much better.

You can do ~30k damage with a ~2.5k MM (1 overcharge considered) on each Linked mob right now without even using HK.

As you said, I believe with HK, MM deal more damage on linked-mobs, right? :smiley: or nothing different.

@Isuke_Shiro

Yes, more damage but MUCH more hits on link consumed (if links return to normal it may not be a wise choice on link efficiency.

More than intended? Is it bug? @_@

@Isuke_Shiro

No, it’s about the way Magic Missile works. if you use MM on circling for example you get a huge number of hits/damage too, it seems to use monsters AoE attack ratio on that calculation.

Thank you very much! I dunno MM work as AoE attack ratio :smiley: I’m clear.

@Isuke_Shiro

I don’t think the def ratio of monster really count, I just think it uses it for counting purposes, so removing that amplifies the maximum counter or something like that.

Oh, another question: I’d like to know how much good Linker 3 (compare to Linker 1) JP HK in:

• Solo-play: doing quest, etc.
  • Party play: late-content grinding, dungeon, ET, etc.

@Isuke_Shiro

Linker 3 is very good for parties, not sure about ET with that alone as a support.

The problem is Links break in 50~60 hits, that doesn’t last much on ET to be honest.

The thing is, the bigger your linker level the least damage you need to deal per tick.

For example, a 150k HP mob needs to take 3k per hit average at least to die before it experies. You only need and average of 1.5k/hit for a level 10 JP.

Grinding and questing will be a pain before Warlock. No idea on how they like Wiz 3 > Linker 3 on ET but I guess it’s okish.

Only loses to Linker 2 (probably 3 at rank 8) > Chrono 3 in party support.

Thank you! I think Linker 1 is enough for solo-questing