Tree of Savior Forum

Question about Head Accesories and Stats

Are they broken as people make them to be if RNG blesses you?

What are the best considered stats say, for a given class and how much of a competitive edge does it give them?
(I have a hair acc 2 with Magic Amp, Mdef, SP and Hair Acc 1 also with Magic Amp, SP Recovery and I forgot the 3rd stat).

Each magic scroll can give up to 3 stats for each head accessory.

The ranges those stats can take are (min-max):

HP 383-803
HP recovery 28-56
SP 76-150
SP recovery 21-42
Physical Damage 21-45
Physical Defense 7-11
Magic Attack 21-42
Magical Defense 6-11
Magic Amplification 21-42
Critical Damage 32-66
Critical occurs 7-14
Critical Resistance 7-14
Hit 7-14
evasion 7-14
Property Damage 15-33
Resistant properties 15-28
Greater Attack Rate 1-1
Greater percentage defense 1-1
speed 1-1

Source

Sure it’s RNG, but if someone buys 100’s of scrolls, then they are practically guaranteed to have some really good rolls (not perfect! But very good!).

Also let’s just say that a possible extra 2400 hp seems like a pretty big advantage in my book. We’ll see what hp looks like at endgame, but for players around lvl ~80 that’s like a +50% hp boost for glass cannon players.

EDIT:

The biggest issue is that it’s cash for stats. Sure, you have a random element to it, but it doesn’t change that basic fact. It also keeps open future insidious possibilities. If it doesn’t get removed, I’m predicting it here, there will be more cash for stats in the future (with some RNG flavoring to make normally rationale people derpy)

Some people argue that you can get magic scrolls from dungeon runs. Based on anecdotes from kToS users, the drop rate is like 1 scroll per every 200-300 boxes that drop from bosses. The rate and amount which free players can get is MUCH lower than what paying players can get.

Paying players will be able to get ~12 scrolls for $10 bucks (if current rates stay the same when TP buying finally opens up). I calculate that if it takes a normal user 15 minutes of dungeon running to acquire a box, then you need something like 50 hours of JUST dungeon running or world boss grinding to get a reasonable chance of 1 magic scroll.

Just curious, which stats are the most sought after?

I would say (and this is just my personal opinion):

HP
Property Damage
Greater percentage defense
Greater Attack Rate
Speed (for a token user who gets +1 speed on 3 different headgear, that’s a total of +6 speed at least in PVE)
Physical Damage
Magic Attack

For general users who are curious, this is a great writeup looking at the chances of getting various stats.

It will be pretty much impossible to get 3 perfect stats, but if you just want to focus on one stat, then it’s in the realm of possibility to get very good rolls.

EDIT: One analysis that still needs to be done is, if a player is okay with a near perfect roll (i.e. within 5 units of the max possible), I expect the costs will go down further.

Well ■■■■, I kept rerolling stats with like Earth Property damage.

And is attack rate the auto attack speed?

I personally think property damage is nice because it’s less likely to be mitigated… certainly not as well as physical and magic damage would be… but again, that’s just my opinion.

See:
Damage Formula Details

EDIT: Also please don’t be part of the problem and buy/use those scrolls…

It came with compensation/Founders pack

Oh, thought you were asking because you wanted to buy more scrolls. Carry on then.