Tree of Savior Forum

Quarrel Shooter stats?

Ok so i was planning on leveling an archer…going for the common A1->QS3->A2 build, still not sure about my later ranks (i think Scout->Musk or Falc->Musk).

Anyway, to the point. I checked a LOT of threads on this forum…maybe too many, in fact i still don’t know what are the optimal stats for this build.

Seems like STR is better for an AA build, but musk/canoneer are better off with full DEX? Checking guides they say DEX till 150, some CON and the rest to STR…why is that?

So yeah, i have no idea. Could someone please enlighten me?

Are you going ac2 or ac3? if you are like I am I am looking at restating dex. Running and kneeling pair well if you understand mechanics of the things you are fighting. Knowing when to move and when to shoot. Up to you really.

I have a A2/QS3/Falconer full str and a bit of con,your damage will be a little bit better than a full dex build,but playing dex for PvE and farming in general is so much better in my opinion,if I had the chance I would go back in time and change my build a little bit,swap falconer for A3 and go full kneeling shot madness…It really depends on what you want to do with your character,keep in mind that I’m only 19x and I don’t really know end game,they say dex sucks for late but I’m sure is better for solo play.

Thanks for the replies guys :smiley:

@sirken14 I was thinking to go either scout or falconeer at Rank 6, so no Archer3…full DEX (plus a bit of CON) still viable?

@Pururin Yes they say full STR is better for damage and DEX fall off late game…that’s why i don’t know what to do x_x I even got a full DEX barbarian going fencer and so far the evasion help me SO much in missions when we lack a healer, i can dodge most of the boss attacks that sometimes would 1 hit me with lvl gap.
Anyway since you brought this up why are you changing falconeer for A3? I read around falconeer is very good with musketeer to spread his high skill damage…what are u choosing for Rank 7?

On an end note, maybe i named this thread wrong: i was actually asking best stats for a R7 canoneer/musketeer since i’m planning on getting one of these…i guess if DEX can keep up with damage for AA (obviusly being a bit inferior to STR) full DEX it’s the best choice for those 2 classes, thanks to their high damaging skills. Still got doubts tho, any more help is still appreciated.

Yea after reading 262957393 different kind of suggestions I decided to go with

1.5 Str/ 1 Dex for my A2 - QS3 - Falconer 1 - Undecided build.

My understanding is that you will need ridiculously high DEX (so high that even putting all stat points from 1-280 is not enough) to outdmg any kind of STR build.

Im planning to play A3 QS3 M1 end I have the same question, what is the best stats for this build? I was thinking about 3:1 dex str or full dex. I want focus to kill world boss. I dont care pvp.

The “problem” with falconer is that I really hate circling cooldown,it’s too huge for me imo,and you go falconer for that skill,the rest of the class has nothing to offer (even though flying with your hawk is fun af),I was thinking of using circling with multishot but for my gameplay personally I would prefer running shot + kneeling shot and while my buffs are on cooldown I would use musket skills, I picked up falconer because when I was leveling at demon prison, I really felt that I need some kind of AoE in my build,but after getting it, it felt kinda meh… it might actually be awesome with cannoneer,that’s the idea anyways… IMO QS should focus on single target dps…,if you wanna go AoE go fletcher or something like that, but that’s just my opinion,it’s viable to make and AoE QS, but probably not as optimal as others AoE builds…

IMO go full dex with a bit of con,I tried both full dex and full str and the damage difference is minimum… but the HP potion usage and gameplay flow is so much better,keep in mind that you can’t dodge magic attacks.

I’ve done some simple spreadsheet comparisons given realistic mob/gear values, and in general full STR greatly (at early levels) then minorly (at later levels) outdamages either hybrid or full DEX builds. (I’m also considering C2 Archer and R7 Musketeer.) With that in mind, I’d recommend going hybrid for the “utility” benefits (i.e. evasion) with a sprinkling of CON. (For example, at 225 something like 40 CON, 60 DEX, 125 STR might work well.) Otherwise, full STR is never really “bad”.

I’ve also done a considerable amount of research into stat builds, and at the end of the day you have to realize that base stats don’t actually matter all that much in this game, which is why the debate still rages strong.

topic “DEX vs STR debate” It has everything you need

Falcon still gives you some nice utility. Circeling on cd throw over hover dmg is still dmg. About to be overrun hope on your bird save your ass. Irceling is to big to pass up for ET and aoe grind groups. Sure it is a bit of a cooldown but so is link. Your hawk makes aoeing completly stupid and strong. Makes your multishot a big aoe.

Scout for pvp is manditory. Honestly I find falcon to strong to go for ac3 myself. Depending on r8 we can either take c2 in musk or come back to ac3. I say c2 in musk as debatable as it depends on what else we get as snipe can already hit dmg cap at max lv of 5. Our r8 classes look like apprasier and pied piper from what they have been showing but dont quote me

full dex is better???