Tree of Savior Forum

Quality of Life Suggestions - War, Party Quests, Goddess Statue Usability, HP/SP Regen

A few brief suggestions based on my kToS gameplay in order to make the game a bit more enjoyable:

1: Make it so characters in Warring Guilds are unable to attack each other in Instances (dungeons, party missions): It is very frustrating and annoying when you get in a dungeon or mission using the automatic party finder, and you get to party with a member of an enemy guild. That makes you have to always keep a distance from them and mind your skills.
This makes the gameplay both frustrating and slow for the characters in question, especially since there are so many AoE skills used in these places.

The PK mode should be disabled in instances, so that even if two enemies are in the same party, they won’t be able to attack each other throughout the instanced run.

2: Make it so you can’t choose a specific party quest anymore: Everybody when doing party quests picks the Siaulai quest, and that’s it. That simply kills the party quest diversity, with people grinding the Kill Golem - Defend Torch - Kill 3 bosses routine nonstop.

Instead of making players select what mission to do, I’d recommend having players queueing up for a random available mission, in order to bring a bit of variety to the party missions done.

3: Make it so players can have a ‘safe zone’ where they don’t take damage in maps, like near a Vakarine Statue: Many players I know, when needing to AFK in a map, walk to a NPC and talk to them. That triggers a ‘safe mode’ where monsters can’t attack them. Instead of making use of this secondhand method to get a bit of peace and quiet, I think there should be a proper way to not get bothered by monsters in maps. Maybe next to Vakarine Statues.

This suggestion is backed by two reasons: one of them is because when AFKing, a player obviously doesn’t want to be killed, so it would be nice if most maps had a “safe zone” where players could sit down and restore their health/mana peacefully without worrying about being attacked by random monsters.

The other reason is, it also makes it so during times of war, no player is instantly killed when arriving at a map by members of an enemy guild. That way GvG battles can be a bit safer by having a ‘timeout zone’.

Of course, there should be a few mechanics included in order to avoid exploitation. Maybe something like having to wait a few seconds while out of combat in order to become ‘safe’ next to a statue.

4: Make the way Health and Mana restore in a more equal fashion: Currently, whenever sitting down to restore, your MP heals much more quickly than health. This is very frustrating, especially for high CON characters since we have to wait for very little time near a bonfire to fill our SP, and a long time to fill our HP.

In a game where potions have a fixed healing value, and healers can just heal themselves by themselves (with %hp heals, I might add!), HP for non-Clerics should really be restored at a quicker pace - like how MP is restored - in order to make the waiting-game not so dull.
Because let’s face it, nobody likes waiting for too long.

Thanks for reading, I hope you forward these to the Devs, @Staff_Ethan, @Staff_John

I particularly like the idea of area safe zones. This gives a spot to congregate on the map, such as any town or hub would otherwise. This offers a very convenient place for Squires and others to set up a shop and create a one stop shop after you AFK and need to get all your buffs/items on pace for your next bout of grinding.

2 Likes

… maybe you should stop co-operating with the enemy?

War does not stop simply because it is inconvenient for you

This description of yours is pretty silly. If that is so, then make it so, you know, you don’t get -matched- with the enemy in the first place.

We’re talking about the game putting you and an enemy guildie in the same instance, and you’re stuck with that until you finish the instanced run. Killing each other, as fun as it sounds, would be bothersome and inevitably would make the dungeon-experience of 3 other players (the remaining players in the instance that have nothing to do with the guild war whatsoever) have a pretty annoying experience with potentially 2 less players in the run.

If that’s the case, why not just make all attacks hit everything in it regardless of friend or foe? There’s such a thing as friendly fire in war as well… among other things. If nothing else it would promote smarter use of skills and improve the community and the general game play-experience… right?

After all: “War does not stop simply because it is inconvenient for you.”

/sarcasm

Except you would be attacking people uninvolved in the war. Those are civilians. So if we went with your idea we would need to implement a tribunal to charge you with war crimes.

Ok. In all seriousness, I think a new GvG system should be implemented because the current one is kind of pointless. “Fixing” it so that you can’t attack enemies in instances doesn’t really fix GvG.

But if they are going to keep the Guild War system they have now, I think it should not automatically match you with your guild’s enemies. I see declaring war as something you do to a rival guild; the guild that annoys you or steals your World Bosses. Not as just a friendly sparring match or something to do to kill time (I hope they DO implement a friendly goal-based GvG for that). If you are forced to co-operate with your enemies then that kind of ruins the point of declaring “War” on them and it kind of defeats the purpose of the Guild Drama forum category: About the Guild - Declarations of War category