Tree of Savior Forum

Quality of Life Changes

Hello everyone! These are some of my suggestions to improve Tree of Savior after playing it as someone new to the game.

Play the game!

Now this isnt a sarcastic suggestion in any way, i came across alot of miss translations, little bugs, wrong tooltips and so on as i was going trough the game, some of wich very confusing specially for a new player and some of them making no sense at all to the point it was as informative as having something pop ip saying “Message 1 y/n”, now that i think about it, that would have been far less confusing and thats saying something.
My first toughts were how can something like this still be in the game after all this time?
Do the people behind Tree of Savior not play the game? not know whats in it? not care enough to change it? what?!
Quality of life changes can go a long way, not new content, shinny spells or dungeons, but making what you already have work and work well!

Some exemples of what im refering to:

• Plate Atribute states that wearing 4 pieces of CLOTH armor gives you benefits.
    (so… does this mean that while wearing 4 pieces of cloth i get all the atributes from wearing cloth and the 4 piece set from the plate atribute as well? wow cloth is awesome! …can you see why this would be a bit confusing to new players? i guessed it was an error but to this day i still dont know if it is or not…)

• Gem Socketing Message, wen we right clique a gem to socket it, the game tells us that removing a lvl1 gem will destroy it in the process (all good so far) and then asks us if we would like to remove said gem… not socket it… so… as a new player the game just told you that removing a lvl1 gem would destroy it and then asked you if youd like to remove your lvl1 gem, i got to be honest i was looking at that Y/N message for a while trying to figure out what i was doing…
    Again quality of life, it would be so simple to change a phrase from “would you still like to remove this gem?” to “Would you like to socket this gem?” and have it make SENSE.
    Just as a side note, you can even remove it without being at a blacksmith so the game asks you if you want to do something you cant do from inventory, again, all confusing to new players and all things that could be easely spotted should staff play the game.

Another quality of life change that needs done is sound… and im talking about Mage Buffs.
Mage buffs last a long time, they have a 100% uptime if refreshed and they do CONSTANT sound…
Now this would be a problem should the sound not be that bad, like Enchant Fire, even tho it can be rather annoying its still sort of bareable to the point that i will use this while questing.
My main problem is with Reflect Shield, in a game full of high pitched, nail scratching sounds and yes theres alot of these from mobs as it is, this spell dosent help the situation, its a constant high pitched siren going on your ears non stop, i refuse to use this spell due to its sound affect, its just horrible.
Simple fix would be to not even change its sound but to make it shorter, on use of the spell make the sound bite loop once and thats it, not constantly loop through the duration, no other spell does this, priest spells dont do this, you use them, they make a sound and thats it, its gone, even tho you still have the buff, apply this to mage buffs!

For now thats all the examples otherwise id make this wall of text even bigger.

Play the game, read the tool tips, read the messages, you can clearly see and hear of all these issues if you just play it.

Quality of life is what makes games great.