Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer the easiest griefable class

Pyromancer is a very fun class however as soon as it involves others players it becomes a chore as everyone can ruin its gameplay, intended or not.
It feels like being griefed without being able to fight back even within players of the same party.

Issues with “Fire ball” : everyone can push it around and ruin its gameplay, others skills are weak and have too long cooldown.
Fix ? make an attribute that : make it immobile and reduce its max duration to 15s, psychic pressure must still push the fire ball as it would be too strong and could hardly be called grief if performed by others.

Issues with the skill “Rain” from Elementalist C3 : every pyromancers spells disappear while inside the rain for the whole duration.
Fix ? it should only remove pyromancers spells during pvp.

Lastly, it is nice that pyromancer receives buffs in ktos but it doesn’t make it any more playable whenever others players are involved.

1 Like

I think an attribute, or just plain and simple only you can push the FB would be enough, you say other skills are weak? I am a Pyro C2 and i can tell you that FP and FG do heavy damage, even more than my FB does, but since i don’t only look at one class, i cope it with Sorc and Linker and got a nice damage burst, specially in boss fights, if there is no taunt/tank in the fight, generally my summon is tanking the boss.

Fireball being pushed away is still an issue but bearable. But you said other skills weak? =o=? Nop… You just dont know how to use pyromancer nicely. The only weak skill is Flare. Others are doing fine. Hell Breathe is not sp-wise but soon will be buffed if followed kTOS patch.

I don’t know why you are replying to me, i never said pyro skills are weak, read my post above yours again lol.

And yes, flare is one weak ass skill, it is actually pretty useless, i wish IMC remove it and move FP down a rank in place of it, or substitute it for something better, but i doubt they will do that, and, we never know what they will make of that skill later on.

1 Like

Well to be fair the most blatant issue is rain, considering the amount of ele3 swarming they can shut off every pyro skills in an area for 10~36 secs depending on attributes/levels every 2mins this is just griefing…

I’m not here to debate whether others pyro skills are strong or not.

Err… I just click replying to the top post. Did not mean to reply to ur comment. Sorry buddy lol… =.=

Erm… alright… btw its the first time i heard that rain will cancel off pyro skills. Lol… since i barely see any elementalist learn that skill. O-O thanks for the info tho.

If you are going Pyro > Ele, it is obvious you will only get the fire skills, and if you have spare points utilities and other elements that won’t cause problems with pyro skills.

Rain being able to eliminate and not allow fire skills to persist in the field would fall into the RPG element IMC is trying to present, and imo, is pretty neat.

No problem, i just thought you misclicked or misread what i posted lol.

Rain is good to use with eletrocute, it should help on the freezing stats too (not sure if it would really do, but i doubt) so it would make it even more useful.

The actual offensive classes should pack a good punch (not only wiz class), of course according to their stereotype(?).
And i do believe IMC will balance them properly, otherwise, it is just waste of code and pixels for some.
Just remember, some classes have good synergy with others, so it is bound to you think that even with balance, one class look weak, but in reality, it is not being properly used with others.

Of course you aren’t obliged to pick every single fad build you can find out there.

Wiz3 Pyro3, the other day I’ve been queued with an ele3 in a siauliai mission, I kept telling him to stop using rain but he wouldn’t so every time it was up I would just go away, sitting.

Now I fear that whenever I’ll be grinding, every ele3 could just use rain to claim the spot over me, what should I do then ? switch channel ? but ele3 is such a common build that I might just encounter another, report them for harassment ? I hardly doubt it will do anything.

I can’t tell say i passed by this situation, i have a Pyro C2 Sorc C2, so if i ever get into that kind of problem i at least have some backing which are my summons and my Linker C1 skills.

It is unfortunately, but some classes will be an “algos” to others.

Not really, rain is the only skill I know of that can completely disable an entire class, even skills like reversi, capture, detonnate trap and counter spell are on use skills and not persistant for the whole duration.

It’s not like we could heal or safety zone monsters, at worse we can push back monsters to annoy melee users but past 200 there are just so many immune to it. This isn’t kill steal either, just preventing a class to play. At least if there was PK I would probably be beaten but there would be a chance to fight back.

I don’t get why there are so many reasons not to play a pyro, if it was only the subpar aoe damage and the absurds cooldowns I wouldn’t mind but everyone can grief me and rain just takes the cake.

Its ok buddy. Rain has quite a long cd anyway. To be honest so far i havent meet ele3 with rain yet.