Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer + Cryomancer build?

Did anyone experiment with a C1 Cryomancer + C1 Pyromancer build? does 1 rank in each of those classes synergize well such as putting fire balls or flame ground on top of frozen enemies? I’d really appreciate feedback :slight_smile:

bump bumpity bump bump

I did not, but I think the question is, where you want to head with your build.

I guess your first 50 lvl would be enormous fun, spamming skills everywhere you go. But what comes next? Are you planning to go c3 in cryo and pyro?

I would recommend you to use the search bar and read a little about pyro + cryo combo, since I am sure I have already seen a bunch of questions about that. Try to image your first choices in circles as the groundwork for what comes next. IMO you would miss out on some good synergies from other classes - like [wiz3 + ele] or [cryo+psy] for example.

hope that was of any use to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, but I have made a Cryo c3 -> Pyromancer c1. It was pretty fun. It’s also pretty rare to see. You need at least Pyro c2 for its skills to really shine ( firewall isn’t good until lvl ~10, fireball needs lvl 10 for number of hits ). Also Cryo c3 adds a lot with frost pillar and snow rolling.

There is no actual skill synergy though, just the fact that you can CC enemies and still do good damage. For example, I could lay down a frost pillar and suck enemies in to freeze them, and then lay down a flame ground to DPS them.

However, if you throw Psychokino in the mix, then there is synergy with both. Psychic Pressure reacts with both ice wall and fireball, allowing you to do a lot of damage.

Thanks for the feedback guys :slight_smile: Ill also try to search for pyro + cryo threads better.

In terms of what I was going for, I wanted a mainly support hybrid sort of build in which the core of it is chrono c3 (surprise, surprise). So i’m going Pyro c1 for enchant fire and flame ground and Thaumaturge c1 since both have synergy with chronomancers. I’m unsure on where to go in terms of the last rank - Linker C1 or Cryo C1.

From the information gathered through data mining, Linker C1 is not only going to be far inferior to ranks 2 and 3, it might not even be decent for solo levelling anymore (enchant fire + swell + quicken + linked mobs). Thats why i was considering of going Cryo 1 for the CC instead which is useful regardless of what level you’re at. Pyro C2 and Cryo c2 aren’t worth it imo and if you’re going for linker c2 you might as well go c3 (which would be impossible for this build heh). So yea i was wondering if flame ground and fireball placement (ESPECIALLY fireball placement on frozen (flying) enemies) was easier to accomplish when combined with the crowd and area control you get out of C1 cryo :slight_smile:

Also, a little bonus of being pyro + cryo is no longer having to deal with dungeons and zones that resist your element

http://ust.chatango.com/um/m/a/madokat/img/l_203.jpg

How about each class as rank 1.
You dont need sub zero shield or the stupid looking other skills.
Pleaes do us esearch function and read up on wizz discussions.

There’s synergeies with cryo or pyro and other wiz classes.
But as far as i know. Flamewall doesnt hit icewall … atleast if the didnt change it.

Otherwise. That combo would be fun xD.

Rank 1 in each? I don’t follow…

I certainly can’t C1 in pyro, cryo, linker and thaumaturge and still be C3 chronomancer by rank 7, hence why I’m trying to decide between linker C1 or Cryo C1 :x

If theres any build that could accommodate circle 1 cryo/pyro its chrono3. Before I was thinking how…

Wiz>Pyro>Linker>Cryo>Chrono3

could work to balance dps and cc using only ranks 2-4.

It would be dependent on hangman’s old 5 second cc though lol…I wouldn’t recommend it anymore. Not a particularly efficient build for late game content either.[quote=“Kraehe, post:3, topic:153736”]
your first 50 lvl would be enormous fun,
[/quote]

This.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be giving Pyro-Cryo-Thaumaturge a try then, thanks everyone!

You want Cryo3 for Frost-tree CC, whereas Pyro2 is fine.

One rank in each would be meh outside of a Chronomancer3-build, but even there I can think of other things to use those ranks before it for.

Yea I’m not going for cookie cutter, and I’m banking on C3 chronomancer being enough to get me through the games current endgame. Future rank skills and whatnot are still a mystery though, I gather a lot’s gonna change over time.

Honestly, I would not go pyro+cryo

I would go one of these:

Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3

Wiz > Pyro 3 > Chrono 3

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3

The 3 classes you are talking about have no synergy at rank 1 without PP, pyro cryo and thauma.

I don’t need a list of cookie cutter builds, im familiar with them and they have nothing to do with what i was asking about.

On a more important note: Pyro and thauma have great synergy with chronomancer, and C2 pyro doesn’t offer much more aw far as that synergy is concerned.