Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer Build Question

I’m fairly new to ToS and just recently discovered it, so I missed the previous betas unfortunately…
I spent some time researching to know which path I want to go when the game is released so I don’t have to worry choosing wrong skills/classes etc.
I’m mainly looking for a build that is easy to play solo with pyro as a focus since moving while casting spells seemed more enjoyable.
So far I have found the following:

pyro2-ele3-warl/feath

• The one I see around the most. Looked fun to me but seems rather difficult to solo(?)

pyro2-thau3-warl
-This one sounded the most convincing to me as thau still makes the pyro skills good enough in the later game. My main problem with this one is that there is very little information on this one. I couldn’t find a single video on how well it plays so I started doubting if this will really work out in the end. Did anyone play this class before and can share some experience about it? Is it still worth it for solo play?

pyro2-link-thau2-warl

• Similar to the previous one but with 1 Rank in linker. I got this one from the news of the first korean player that hit max level with the build pyro3-link2-warl but mentioned he regretted not taking thau instead of the link2.(Hoping the translation was correct)
    Pyro-link looked like a good combination although I’m not sure if it would be worth sacrificing 1 rank of thau for link after it got nerfed?

I hope some of you can help me with this. :slight_smile:

I played the last day on a new char and rolled pyro C2 > Thaum C1, didn’t had enough time to reach next advancement. What i can tell you is, it was pretty fun, specially with Swell Body, which help on leveling, i was planing on get linker C2 to see if Swell work with linked monsters but didn’t had time.

I am planning on going Pyro C3 > Linker C2 > Feather foot on next test.

I may change that, just need confirmation on sorcerer summon skill, does it still drain SP or they remove that? Since on ToSBase the skill description was changed.

Well, im now pyro 2 link 2, and its ok i guess. I end up linking a lot in partys. Probably go for pryo 3 and then featherfoot too.

Linker is one of the best utility class, by C2 you can link up to 8 monsters and make then stay in place, for some single target or small area AoE that is paradise, on last beta i was Wiz C2 Linker C2 Sorc and during bosses or grinding with a corsair when i linked generally the mob was all spread and some out of the pirate flag skill (forgot the name) and pulled them inside with HK. Same with Pyro, link your fireballs on the monsters and pull them with HK = mass destruction.

It is a pretty fun class to fiddle with.

Linker in combination with Pyro seemed truly fun but my main concern is that Pyro won’t scale well enough for later levels with this. That is why I wondered how many circles of thau I would need to balance that weakness?

Hmm i can’t say for sure, but i do remember some pyro even at C1 doing well at level 175+ on last iCBT, they laid the fireball and i linked to the mobs and pulled them, then after that he/she just laid a fire pillar and even those trees on Demon Prison died fast.

Hmm perhaps I will try finding a few more videos on pyro/linker to see if there are any on higher levels.
I heard going further than c1 on linker isn’t really worth it for most?
Apparently it was the case for that max level korean player too, although from the translation I could not tell whether he would have preferred taking the thau circles for the all linker ones or just replace the 2nd of the linker circle with a thau one…

That goes for taste imo, i loved Linker C2 because i could clear faster a spawn, specially using my summons.

This is not going to work now bc linker has been nerfed and links do not double aoe damage anymore. So you will have fb lvl 5 hitting 5 -8 mobs now. It was equal to fb lvl10 if you used hangman before the nerf.
@Laganum
Pyro2 feels much easier to lvl up than pyro1-linker to me.

Don’ t forget that archers will do like 3x your damage without any positioning issues if you go a dps wiz though. Unless it changes before itos is released.

Doesn’t really matter if its not doubled, the question is, you still can pull 5-7 monsters + your fireball in one point (that assuming they fixed the layer bug where sometimes the monsters don’t move from their position or get stuck somewhere) the fire all damage will occur, now if you tell me that they nerfed FB to make it hit 1 target per tick then that is ■■■■■■ up, i would then drop FB put more points in FG or FP. But still, taking out the link damage distribution, the links still pretty useful.

No offense but honestly if they don’t change FB pushing mechanic it’d be very tough life for most pyro at late game (rank 6,7+)
Mission/dungeon party grind gave far more exp compare to field solo grind and you probably already know how bad is pyro in group play.

1 Like

I never saw FB doing push back before, did they added recently? Because on tosbase there is no description on the skill. Unless you have a piece of gear that have that effect.

I mean FB can be pushed away by everyone auto attack make it almost useless in party.

I intend to go at least pyro2 with any of the builds and even after the linker nerf it still seems like the damage is still decent in lower levels. At least I saw it in a few newer videos of kToS, just don’t know about higher ones…

Ah right, yeah there is that, but still, you can leave FB out during party play and use it during solo, unless your playstyle is party oriented then yeah, it is kind useless, but you can always get other skill and leave FB out.

Yeah, im close to being class 6, 7. Im pyro 2 linker 2 and I noticed my damage being quite scarce latelyl. Fireball is useless in party play. Firepillar is good but has a huge CD and Flameground doesnt hit flying things and doesnt hit for so much, its good for bosses.

Yeah, in that case you either go as Pyro C3 for for Hell Breath or pick a class that have some good skill for flying and party play to compensate, i am making various builds and still can’t decide what i will go, but the final one will be featherfoot for survivability, well until the next test come i will probably change my mind and make something else.

I was thinking of Sorcerer, the links will help the summon a lot. Then, Chronomancer for party play, or Pyro 3 for more damage and another skill. What do you think?

Hmm, my experience with sorcerer come from the last iCBT, and it wasn’t as good as i thought it would, i don’t know how the Summon skill is working now, but on last iCBT when you activate the summon you lose .30% or was 3% of the SP per second, and SP recovery was nullified, i don’t know how it goes now, since on TosBase the skill description don’t have that SP reduction anymore.

If someone who is playing on kCBT with sorcerer can confirm this would be nice, if they remove the draining then i think it could be a good idea.

On a side note, i would prefer if they remove or at least leave as a movement utility skill, and make the summon use it’s skills (with the respective cooldowns) and consume the sorcerer SP in the process. I think it would be more interesting and somehow balanced if one want to pick a support wizard route (linker, thau, chrono) at least it give a way of attack and be a little bit more independent when farming.

1 Like