Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro3-Linker2 Rank7 build advice. Featherfoot vs Warlock

Hi, I thought I’ll ask for advice here as I’m not sure what’s my next path is. I’m currently a lvl223 Wiz-Pyro3-Linker2 going Rank 7 soon. I’m torn between Featherfoot or Warlock, especially with the announcement of Rank8 (choices between FFc2, WarlockC2 and Sage) recently.

Say if I want higher DPS, what’s my choice on Rank7 should be? I’m thinking Warlock but that means I’ll lose out on the ability to self-heal. What’s the synergy like between pyro-linker and warlock?

Would really appreciate all your thoughts on this if you guys can share about them :slight_smile: Thank you x :blush:

Higher DPS -> Warlock (This class is all about damage)
Sup/Sustain/Healer hybrid -> Featherfoot (It has self healing, team healing, summon and decay, but less DPS than Wl)

Btw you don’t have Wiz C2/C3 or any other control than Linker, so you will have a hard time with FF without Surespell, since it channels blood sucking and the flying skill might also be a channeling skill or be interrupted by attacks.

Hey! Thanks for your reply! I’ve been trying to find similar builds to mine but no one really talks about it.

So I guess taking Warlock would be my saving grace? haha.

I have the same build, had the same dilemma before and chose warlock rather than ff cause I didn’t have surespell.

Hey thanks for your reply :slight_smile: How do you find the build after going Warlock if you don’t mind sharing, i.e. when partying and doing quests.

Cause at rank 6 now, I find damage to be quite lacking, especially when doing dungeons in a party. Most of the time, I just link and jump around and throw in fire pillar and firewall here and there with the mobs. I don’t really bother with fireballs anymore, unless it’s a full mage party.

I’m thinking of trying a Pyro build > Feather as well, but I’m not sure how will that fare since we don’t have surespell. Plus the fact that by not going wiz3 we will be losing quick cast.

I’m deciding between a Pyro3Link2Feather build or a Wiz3LinkSorcFeather build for my SUB character. I’m not sure how Pyro damage fare late game, and how much better will it be when kTOS buffs come.

tbh pyro3 not really meant to be top tier dps, even with warlock I doubt you’ll be happy with your dps.

Same in your case, in parties, I just link throw firepillar/firewall/flame ground to the mobs

Meanwhile in boss fights if I find the opporunity to dive with my warlock skills and fireballs, I go for it.

Imo, even tho pyro/linker isn’t a top tier dps role, it is very flexible - fill a support role while supplementing dps to help your main dps at the same time and I think that’s the essence of pyro/linker builds.

Hmm… From what I’ve read before, going just one circle of Sorcerer is not recommended as summoning drains your SP like mad and it stops mana regen so to make the class worth it, you take 2 circles of it? (don’t quote me)

As Seraphica mentioned, Pyro3Linker2 is not gonna be the top tier DPS class but it’s a pretty fun one to play - I’ve been solo-ing my quests so far at lvl223 and while I’m obviously not the one dealing damage in most parties, I support with my JP and HK from linker.

It’s pretty amazing when you can cast Hell’s Breath without the interruption from mobs and bosses attacks - but this happens probably 50% and mostly with a tanker or under the cleric’s protection bubble thing (Idk what’s that called :grin:)

I’m waiting for the buff but God knows when’s that gonna be LOL

1 Like

Should be next maint

I know what you mean and I’ve read this before, about pyrolinker being a support/supplementary dps class but I never really get it until I’m a linker2. haha. I think I’m starting to appreciate the build for what it is, I just don’t want my first character to become 'tofu ':laughing:

Thanks for sharing, It feels nice knowing this from another fellow pyro3!

OOOO. Thanks for this! Let’s hope it’s included! Whee :slight_smile:

1 Like

kTOS pyro buffs are really good, most skills like fire pillar got almost 30%+ base damage and damage per level. Also Hell’s Breath got almost 50% damage plus a debuff and defensive abilities. You might consider picking Sage at tank 8. Maybe a Pyro 3 - Link 2 - Sorc 1 - Sage 1 works. Probably the best DPS option for that build would be Pyro 3 - Link 1 - Sorc 2 - Sage