Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro2, Linker2, Thauma2 or Pyro3 Linker3?

Title.

I am still fairly new to this game and this is going to be my second serious character, the first one only being level 146. Anyway, I read up on builds and am currently 105 on my Pyro2, Linker1. Agny is stashed but even without it I am having a blast (literally) playing this build.

Anyway, as I have no endgame experience at all I wondered what would be better in the long run. I heard Thauma 2 is great for silver farming and on later content due to high mdef from mobs. Last class would be Sage by the way.

Which one would be better in the long run?

I’m actually Wizard1 > Pyro1 > Linker1 > Thauma3

I’ll take Pyro for rank 7 and I’ll have to chose btween Sage or Enchanter, it depends if IMC update Enchanter which needs much more attributes. Going Thauma3 is not a bad choice but not the best choice in my opinion, their ultimate skill is not amazing, doesn’t last long enough and has a really expensive attribute. The only good thing when you go Thauma3 is the time of your Left and Right hand buff, mostly the Right buff because it last 50 seconds at lvl 5 and has 50 seconds of CD. The other good thing about Thauma3 is if in my case you don’t use Token to share golds between characters and you are really poor to the fact you still have Cafrisun set at lvl 200, the Right hand buff lvl 10 with a Shield helps a lot for playing solo.

I don’ think you’ll need Linker3 neither Pyro3, so it’s up to you.

Now I’ll just leave this video here of LittleSamson who did a really good build in my opinion (it’s your title path) :

Edit : And as you can see most of the time he’s dealing so many damages, even additional hits from Linker2 are useless against bosses.

Alright, Ill look into Thauma 2 then. :slight_smile:

but all those hits come from the extra aoe attack ratio of five hammer.
Ah man… I wish I was link 1 pyro 1.
My thauma is wiz 3, thauma 3. tch

Linker 3 is optimal in Pyromancer 3 builds in comparison to any of the current existing classes. Only expecton is linker 3 vs sage, in which you would pick sage.

Read this post: [Mechanic] Fireball + Joint Penalty

Man the game has changed a lot, Linker3 is not the only optimal choice.

What do you mean ? Five hammer only increase your AoE attack ratio as far as I know.

Yes, when he attacked the mobs you can see that the auto attack landed in every one that was linked. If he was’t with the extra aoe +5 the dagger would hit only 2 or 3 mobs (even linked), and we would not see the visual effect of tons of numbers in the screen.

Does’nt change anything on bosses, but yeh for mobs it’s amazing, I didn’t understand what you were talking about ^^.

1 Like

How so? The game may have changed a lot, even so, i still cant see how linker 3 isnt more optimal than other choices for pyromancer builds. Wizard 3, chrono 3, all of these two are very good choices, but the problem that is solved to some extent with Joint Penalty is Fireballs AOE ratio, and that is why i say Linker 3 is the best choice for pyro3.

I would say in a proper group scenario, having many JPs is still very handy as well.

Because you don’t really need Link3, only Link2. Link3 adds 50 hit counts and only 2 more linked mobs. 150 hits is far too much if you are farming silver/solo boss because of Agny power (if you actually watched the video you would understand my point). And if you are doing ET 150 hits counts is useless.

Let’s say you are doing Solmiki with pyromancer 3 linker 3, doeverything die within 100 hits count for real ?
If some party members have 0 con and someone has 60 000 - 100 000 hp shared via lifeline for everyone it is also useless?

Less than 100 mate.

For 18 seconds, yes.

I don’t think boss are included, and since imc is so lazy they are able to add another 20 floors for rank 9 and with harder content yet to come you need more damage /links counts etc…
The duration is 30 seconds with 50% downtime but since there are always chrono/ and meltis bots it’s not an issue.

What do you mean ?

150 hits are pointless because there are only two cases :
_ You only need few hits, so 150 is useless ;
_ You need much more than 150 hits, so your 150 hits are not wasted but clearly negligible.

Oh yes my bad. It’s an issue anyway because you will need to heal your party members all the time, and it’s not so easy. By the way I never seen people using Meltis in this game.

Edit : And we are talking about Pyro3 Link3, dunno if people are aiming for a support class when they do that.

pyro 2 linker 2 thauma 2 - sage/thauma3/pyro3/enchanter for rank 8 options. Jesus christ dont listen to people who urges you to pick only linker 1.

Yes the game is supposed to have variety of classes synergy but it is a lie. Get over with it.

Maybe me and OP took Linker 1 because we wanted to pick it, I don’t get your point, it seems you are really angry those days mate :frowning:.

Thank you all for you input, I decided to go for Pyro2, Linker2, Thauma2 as this will be my first higher level character and I like the idea of having extra utility and the farming aspect. I might get a Pyro3 Linker3 at some point though, just gonna farm silver first.

Since I already opened this topic, what kind of Monstercards am I looking for on said build?

Personally I’m Pyromancer 3 wizard 3 linker 1 sage for “safe” build and the possible increase of immune links monsters and boss in the future.
If you want to be sure to burst monsters that are not immune fire (or autohealing) chapparition should be the obvious choice => +80% damage under joint penalty.

If some boss are not immune link and for rank 9 too, more links and hit counts will never be wasted.
Let’s say you put 4 fireballs and sage adding more, you can on bossfight (non immune link) burst very fast under this very large hitcounts.
In case they add monsters with lot more magic resistances than currently it’s always helpful for later content.

A lot of solmiki groups are revolving around double clerics and “random” , you can already find in forum 5 threads maybe about 40F cleared.
I just mean when some teams can gather very high or 2 3 stage 10 transcend, the team comp have more variety and possibility now opposed to rank 7.
In dailies missions and dungeons everyone focus on the 1st ranking damage even with no healing and no revive without any pardoner ranks so you won’t be seeing it as for distortion from scouts that buffs 15% damage on melee for 10-20sec.
“perma meltis” for ausrine, glassmoles, chapparitions and other things is the stupidest “allowed” mechanic vs horribly stupid bad designed fights to the point that cannot be done without for “now”.

both are good to have and play it

fastest solo saalus, dg rush without huge money invest

fire ball 70 is cheap as dirt

i have pyro3link3 and i’m going to make new pyro2link2thauma2 soon

pyro3 is strong but i feel like is’s waste when farming crystal mine or a things

it’s not just 2 link target added

it’s 2.5 added

almost every cleric are cleric2 that have divine might

it’s +1 all skill level

joint penalty lv11 link 8target
joint penalty lv16 link 11target

it isn’t just a +2

without cleric if u have dandel gem
link c2 still link8 while link c3 link 11 target

and even with +2 target it’s still huge
if u pull 10 mob linked and die in a sec
if u can link 8, 2 survive and then…? what?
u need to spend more time to kill those leftover instead of moving to new spot

i have played 5x link c2 char
i played 2 of them into link c3
link c3 is a lot better than c2