Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro or Cyro for Linker > Sorcerer

As title says.

1. Wiz > Pyro > Linker2 > Sorcerer2

2. Wiz > Cyro > Linker2 > Sorcerer2

The biggest question is which is more viable in the end game? Does taking Cyro1 over Pyro1 gimp my PVE DPS?

1. Wiz > Cyro3 > Sorcerer2

I have seen this going around as a popular option in the advent of the Linker nerfs. It seems to be a better party class due to increased CC from having the Pillar of Ice. However, that spell is on a 1min CD compared to linker’s 22sec JP, which both do the job of melting packs of mobs. I have already created a Wiz > Cyro, but am willing to recreate if Wiz > Pyro seems to be a better option for overall PVE in a Sorcerer build.

All three builds are goods.
Ask yourself, do you want :

• more DPS
  • CC
  • more CC, less support

thanks for the reply! I do want more DPS, but I’m wondering on the value of CC for Cyro1. From what I see, Ice Pike would be the only DPS spell, with Ice Bolt providing inconsistent freeze on 1-2 targets, and Ice Wall… I don’t even know what it could be used for apart from occasional boss kiting since I do not have the PP combo. Is there more potential for Cyro1 that I missed out? Otherwise Pyro1 seems to take the cake here, assuming the damage potential is significant all the way up to Rank 6, when compared to Ice Pike spam.

*I should note that I want to have a character that clears mobs easily when solo, but still contributes to a party hence Linker2.

go 2 instead of 1.

Pyro spells currently have awful scaling so in reality all those skills will be garbage very quickly

cyro at least has some utility

I would recommend this build of yours:
Wiz > Cyro > Linker2 > Sorcerer2

I’ll go with “Medium Damage and Maneuver” stuff.
Cyromancer’s skills have those, and it is useful especially for Sorcerer’s Devil Summons. Devil Familiars, if used properly, deals high-damage. Using the Devil Familiar summoned by Sorcerer’s skill needs coordination between the master and the familiar.
You can micro every enemy in PVE. It’s like you will serve as semi-support for your Devil Familiar summoned under Sorcerer’s skill and at the same time, you can deal damage to them in a distance, plus you got a chance to freeze the enemy. When the enemy is frozen, you and your Devil Familiars will go for free attack.

Keypoints:

1. Maneuver game play.
  2. Freeze chance status on the enemies.
  3. Free attack if the enemy is frozen.
  4. You will serve as a Semi-Support for your Devil Familiar at the same time deals damage from a distance.
  5. Coordination with your Devil Familiar is great compare to Wiz > Pyro > Linker2 > Sorcerer2 build.

This is just my suggestion, but I strongly recommend this build. :slight_smile:
Hope this helps you out :wink:

thanks @maxamillion9183 and @spellbane47 for the replies! They both appeared when I replied @lemaitre_dulotus hahaha.

@maxamillion9183 : Thanks for the suggestion! Does Pyro1 become obsolete once I hit Sorcerer ranks? From what I read Flame Ground seems to deal relatively significant damage for a long time. Of course, this would mean that Ice Pike would still do useful damage. How useful is the utility of Cyro1 at higher levels (200+)?

@spellbane47 : Thanks for the recommendation! From what I read, summons are really tanky (to the point that Morph is an obsolete skill), so I am wondering how useful is freeze for the boss summon. For Familiars, is it because they are really squishy and CC helps them to survive longer?

*Plus, there is also this scary thing I read about Summons hitting Ice Walls instead of mobs :frowning:

My apologies @chunkypizza_93
I meant your the 3rd build Lol :smiley:
I didn’t see it a while ago…

It would be great if you go Cyro C3 for more CC damage and utility for your Devil Familiar.
For your question, how useful is freeze for the boss summon?
In beta, freeze is possible on boss monters but only slim chances, and I don’t know if it still applies on today’s release of the game. It’s been a while since beta and there are many changes and updates have been made.
However, if in case freeze doesn’t work on Boss Enemies, using Cyro skills are useful on getting your Familiar survive long depending on your maneuvers.

about the “there is also this scary thing I read about Summons hitting Ice Walls instead of mobs”
I have no idea about it because I don’t block my own Familiar with Ice Wall lol :stuck_out_tongue:
I use Ice Wall to block boss enemies or mobs who are chasing me.

I have no idea if you can control your familiars because I don’t use Sorcerer, or Necromancer build. But if in case you can control them, that would be awesome, you can use your familiar for distraction for the boss enemies or mobs for you to deal damage with them at the distance.
But if not, well, do your own moves, micro on mobs or bosses, let your familiar be seen by the mobs or bosses for distraction then go and deal damage at the distance.

if you want full damage for a sorc you should go wiz-cryo-psyco-cryo-sorc. it lets you have really good dps as well as having a pet to tank and what not for you while you dps also.
you also have to take account on what will your last circle be. will you go sorc circle 3 or take a different class?

@chunkypizza_93

Pyro is better dmg, while cryo have better cc. For late game, cc is better to control mobs/players, but in GvG, pyro have more utility, while cryo is better in PvP 1x1 or 5x5.

Don’t take Linker c2, its useless now.

Go for: wiz c1 > cyro c2 > linker c1 > sorc c2 > ???
Or: wiz c1 > cryo c3 > sorc c2 > ???

In the last, cryo c3 have Frost Pillar to pull mobs/players. Linker is useless in boss fights, but is awesome vs mobs to share dmg, coz your pet is brainless/bad ai.