Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro + Linker + ? for new player?

Im just start this game ~3 days ago, i play this wizard just to get used to the game and have some silver for my main, so i prefer to have a strong solo early-game PvE class but still somewhat useful later on

Right now im a Wiz 1>Pyro 1>Linker 1 and im not sure which class i should go next, here some path i think of:
1)Wiz 1>Pyro 2>Linker 3>Featherfoot : Im not sure if Pyro 2 alone could have enough damage when solo
2)Wiz 1>Pyro 3>Linker 2>Featherfoot : is this build ok ?
3)Wiz 1>Pyro 2>Linker 2>Alchemist 2 : i heard right now alchemist have some problem?

I have think of this build Wiz 1>Pyro 2>Linker 1>Sorcerer 2>Featherfoot but i feel Linker 1 is too weak and i hate Sorcerer for stopping SP regen so …

Help me build my char plz :smile:

Linker, you either go 3, which i dont like that much, because 1 is enough, and will get you invited for dungeons.
Linker 2 is USELESS

Pyro c3 is really lackluster, so i wont recommend that,
Alchemist is just a money-maker anyways, why you bother going linker? Just get damage so you can level, cuz trust me, alchemists suuucks for leveling,

Pyro2>linker1> anything synergized with
you will love fire pillar.

Build 1 is good for your stated goals. Pyro2 with Linker support has enough damage to take you to 250+ without much issue afaik. Wiz3 will net you better results on the long run, but Pyro will get you there faster a bit faster.

Personaly I’m doing Wiz3>Linker3>FF/WL. Wiz2 isn’t great but early leveling is fast with pardoner buffs. Wiz3 is good.

You should try out Pyro a bit though. The playstyle is definetly hit or miss. I hate it but some people enjoy.

Pyro > Linker 3 > Necro > Warlock or Featherfoot.

Alchemists is a class for making items and money, it has some issues on the money making as other classes are better for it but it’s still useful and needed.

The point is you don’t want an alchemist for your main character. Pyro is a weak rank so you might consider turning this character into an alchemist as taking Pyro > Linker combinations helps a lot on early leveling.

Thanks all for your help :slight_smile:. Now i think back, if i go pyro 2>linker 3 i will have too few spells to play with. So i think i will take Linker c1 only (Many ppl say JP 6 targets is enough).
My current build will be Wiz c1>Pyro c2>Linker c1

I find Sorcerer c2 is interesting, but the same time i feel it so troublesome :sweat_smile: . Same goes with Necromancer

I think i will create another Elementalist as my main so i think i will turn this Wizard into a support one. Is it ok to go Thaumaturge c2 or Chrono c3 or something ?

First of all, this:

That’s how you combo fireball with linker. Lots of people know about that.

Here’s the missing piece that a lot of people don’t know/tell you because they’ve never actually played the class themselves/don’t know wtf they’re doing. The magic damage amplification attribute adds a collision hit when you pull mobs together using hangman’s knot. This is great in parties with other magic users. HOWEVER, it also knocks back your fireball and any enemies in the process, spreading enemies back out again and completely away from your fireball, making it useless.

When soloing, always remember to turn this attribute off as it will completely gimp you, leaving you confused as to why your old skill mechanics don’t work anymore and thinking you’ve been stealth nerfed. In reality, it’s this toggleable attribute that’s screwing you over. To people of other classes it might not seem that big a deal, to anyone trying to combo pyro+linker, having that attribute on can easily get you killed.

tl;dr Fireball + Joint Penalty + Hangman’s Knot combo will not work at all if you have the magic damage amplification attribute switched on.