Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro/Linker choices

Hello, my friend played pyro>linker>pyro on iCBT2, but because of the nerfs:

what do you guys think about taking linker mainly for the joint penalty? I mean, Hangman’s Knot is there for C1 but the duration doesn’t seem to be very long and given our ping, 250-350 we could probably do only 0-2 hits for the duration.

and is pyro c2>linker>cryo better than pyro c3>linker?

I would reccomend pyro1-linker2 in almost all cases.

The only situation id suggest otherwise would be: wiz-pyro2-linker1-sorc2-warlock. This will give you very good world boss killing sustained damage. linker1 really needs the gem, and even then its not super great. Its more of a selfish way to go.

pyro3 you take if you want firewall 15 for grouping. At 15 firewall is not bad for bosses, and balls are hard to use in groups. This is not a popular rout though. I would build a pyro3 exactly like a pyro2 (10 ground 10 ball 5 pillar 5 enchant), and just dump every pyro3 point into getting 15 wall. This would be more for people who stubbornly just want to be a pyro. MIght work well with linker3 if you are wanting to get linker3 for “im a maxed linker” purposes. Its not meta, but its not terrible either

1 Like

Hi there @Elysion - is Pyro/linker in Term of like:

WizC1>PyroC1>LinkerC2>SorcC1-2/NecroC1-2

any good for a group? I researched the Wizard builds in term of a solo/group build because i gues i will be doing solo play and group play. And this is what got mentioned a lot. Although i am not that Happy with a summoning build are there alternatives for a solo/group viable wizard build?

Taking linker2 will make you somewhat popular. The thing to keep in mind is that there are many activities in the game. ET (highest dungeon and effectively ‘endgame’ right now) doesnt like linkers very well because even linker3s just dont have enough links, so things like cryos with tree are popular for bunching stuff up.

sorc2 is very solid provided you get temple shooter card. Sorc1 is bad, sorc3 is often not worth it (though it wouldnt be absolutly terrible if you wanted to do that out of a desire to try and be a ‘full sorc’ and make the class work/evaluate it/understand it, etc)

Necro… I really cant comment on too much. The general impression is its not worth it. I have seen people with wierd builds incorporating necro that seem to do ok, but we are talking about being optimal here and i dont think necro is optimal for any purpose. Again, you could make it work if your desire was to play the class for the sake of being that class, but i couldnt reccomend it to fill a specific build objective.

pyro1-linker2-sorc2-warlock is going to be somewhat popular, as far as sorc-based builds go, and it will certainly provide decent party utility with linker, decent sustained damage with sorc and pyro, and decent burst with warlock. ITs a good all around choice thats great for solo as well as party play, though not an ideal dedicated grouping build. All sorc is based on getting temple shooter card though, keep in mind.

pyro-linker is, as i said, the lower level damage component of a higher level utility build. So im afraid i cant reccomend going it unless you are wanting to do something like be a sorc, or else spec into a support class like chrono. its not icbt2 where pyrolinker is the be all end all anymore. Its a very good choice if you are making a sorc build, its a suboptimal but still acceptable choice if you are wanting a more solo-capable chronomancer. It may be a good choice if you are making a thaumaturge, but typically people flock to chronos these days for ideal support, and thauma seems less popular.

Im kind of repeating myself here. My advise if you want to be a dps mage would be to do a wizard3-ele3, its cookie cutter for a reason. If you want to be pyro-linker that can solo and is still good enough all around at dps for a group to want it, then the sorc build is the way to go. You could do something like pyro2-linker3-featherfoot, the synergy is there and the build makes sense, but as i said, linkers just not as popular right now.

If we are talking pure solo messing around, even with all build options open, the pyrolinker sorc build is probably solid, thats the build you want to have for messing around, showing up at a world boss and doing enough damage to it to get a reward, its just solid. That is not to say that damage mages can not solo well though. a kino-based build can solo decently, any properly made dps mage can kill fast enough to solo well.

If you are only being interested right now in pyrolinkers because someone form icbt2 said they were the way to go, then id consider the wiz3-ele3 build, once it gets going it can solo well enough, its very solid for groups, part of the current ET meta, while not an ideal pvp build its certainly good enough for larger scale gvg. You cant go wrong with it, even if quick cast gets nerfed some it will be decent. Pyrolinkers just arent what they used to be. They are the damage component of sorc builds and hybrid support builds, dedicated directed damage builds are wizard3 then elementalist (pve leaning) or kino (pvp leaning) based. Then you have the gimmicky 1 kino for PP on ice wall builds and such, im not a fan of them because they are one trick ponies.

If you are wondeirng, im making a wizard3-kino3-warlock, i fully anticipate being able to solo and group, and pvp. Dont get the impression that theres only a couple builds and everything else is terrible, but there are combinations that are tried and tested and work well and people know what to expect from. Each class interacts with the other classess in certain ways, as long as you make up a build that takes the efficient number of circles of different classess, and picks ones that interact well togeather, your build will be good, it may not be current meta, but then it may become that in the future.

1 Like

Pyro + Cryo is almost always bad.

Pyro > Linker 2/3 or Pyro 2 > Linker 2/3 are , pyro 3 is not worth it though.