Tree of Savior Forum

[Pyro-Ele-Tao] VS [Pyro-Ele-Onmy] CONTENT ASPECTS/DAMAGE/PVP/PVE

Hi, the event is almost ending now, and I want to discuss these 2 builds: Pyro-Ele-Tao VS Pyro-Ele-Omny! Calling @icyruios from the other similar topic to discuss too, I want to focus on these 2.

I love the great AoE of Onmy and the extra CC (besides Hail/Stone Curse). In Uphill and solo CM/group CM i feel that Onmy do better being a mob damage/cc dealer. But about melting bosses, Saalus and other content I think Taoist is MUCHHH better. Do you tested these builds on PvP? I think Onmy could do better because of the AoE/CC instead of Tao ( the single target matter really shines on bosses or big enemies). It is hard to hit Creeping Charm and even Erradication on mid/short enemies or PvP. And the CD gap between the combos is much bigger with Tao. Am I wrong? I honestly prefer Onmy, but I think that in the end game content Tao do better. Onmy is that bad on Velcoffer? Did you guys tested those things?

PvP: Onmy is better (great AoE, damage without risking yourself, more CC, placing the Tao staff/charms is instakill);
Bosses/World Boss/Field Boss: Tao;
PvE single target (specially big sized): Tao;
PvE massive mob to damage/CC: Onmy;
Uphill: Onmy;
Saalus: Tao;
Solo CM: Onmy;
Group CM: Maybe Tao for the extra damage and group elemental buff? But lacks on big CD gap.
Velcoffer: Tao* ??? (after Re:Build, anyone tested Onmy?)
ET/Lolo: ?
Guild War: ?

Let’s discuss! What build is the more for “all jobs” embracing in the new meta? :wink:

I only know about PVE so here are my opinions.

• I tried Onmyoji and yes the AOE is great. Pyro + Ele also provide good AOE but not as great as Onmyoji. However, the AOE really shine to me in instances like dungeons. In CM/ET whereby mobs come towards you repeatedly the AOE doesn’t shine as much. This is where Tri Disaster Charm really shine as well because mobs are clustered around a medium area radius.

• Single target DPS wise Taoist is definitely much better. Creeping Death Charm x3 overheat is just great. Problem is that you will feel a bit sad when bosses run away so the best way to do it is to Hail/Stone Curse them beforehand. Of course this doesn’t work for bosses like Velcoffer and ET bosses. You might be thinking Onmyoji may be better because it does quick damage in 1 skill, notably Howling White Tiger and Water Shikigami (Toyou also due to its large AOE but if bosses really walk away from the skill then …). But if 1 Creeping Death Charm does like even 10 hits in that short span before the boss run away you are already doing more damage than 1 Onmyoji skill. Eradication is also very easy to spam all 3 overheat. Overall for end game content I would prefer Taoist.

The most important thing is which do you prefer. Yes Taoist might be the more popular build because it shines more in end game content but like you said, in other aspects like PVP (I didn’t try it) and Uphill the AOE really shine. I don’t think sacrificing Taoist for Onmyoji would warrant people to think you are not strong enough of a DPS class. If that is the case every other person with another class build would be unwanted in end game content. I played Onmyoji on my other character (Psychokino - Onmyoji - Alchemist) and the AOE is really fun to spam. Play what you like and most importantly have fun.

Well, comparing these 2 I rather HARD Onmyoji, I think the extra CC e and huge AoE is great, and other skill that ppl underrate is the Water Shield Shikigami, it wasnt build to use all the time, but about surviving matter is very useful against bosses or PvP, to just get you out alive. Whatever I do I dont like Tao at all. But I really think that the elemental buff and the Creeping Charm is worth in End Game content, more that Onmyoji.

Only thinf that really makes me frustrated about Onmy is boss killing. Tao is perfect on boss melting, Onmy lacks hard on this job… Is hard soloing a strong Boss with Onmy, but the survival skills is useful.

I don’t now. I dont like not even a little bit Taoist, but now that the event ends I’m going to give a shot and try testing Tao for more long time. If I dont like, I’ll change with TP.

@icyruios You kept Tao for the end game content? Or for Velcoffer? (I am focusing on Pyro-Ele, I dont care about other build because Im not playing with Alchemist or Chrono in PvE).

That depends on your focus. I don’t thing that PET>PEO is better in everything. Tao lacks a lot in Uphill, dungeons, massive mob control/damage. Tao sucks HARD in PvP.

There is a video showing how Pyro - Ele - Tao does in Velco. I think this build is good for all sorts of content. Then again Onmyoji is a good pick so if you really love playing it don’t worry just play what you like. What matters is you play what you like. Onmyoji gives a lot AOE which is great. Also the short cd means you have very little downtime, whereby when I play Pyro - Ele - Tao there would be a few seconds of downtime and I resort to spamming Magic Missile.

i’m totally new to this game
can i ask some question:
should i put 1 poin in magic missile? or 5 shield 5 tele 5 lethargy better?
my plan is wiz/pyro/ele/tao or onm so which is the best class to start? pyro or ele?
i heard fire suck now. is it true? should i put some poin in it or just ignore for good?
i saw in video hell breath lock char on place for 10s but it damage seem good. is it a good skill to use?
can stone curse work with boss monster? should i max hail and fire claw or electrocute and duskstorm?
sr english is not my language

I would go pyro first. Easier to kill mobs without the cast time, and ele hitboxes are weird.
Pyro still does good DPS. Hell breath for me is still good, though I combo it with ice wall.
Stone curse works on bosses but not raid and world bosses.
I would personally pick pyro>kino>omny than going ele>omny. why? Coz u can use staff without worying too much about cast times, u have CC+dmg, all 3 have great synergy.

Always put 1 point into Magic Missile because sometimes you have blockades that require to be destroyed with 1 hp ticks and MM will provide 25 ticks. Usual setup for me is 5 shield 5 lethargy 4 tele 1 MM.

If you use staff, pyro. If you use rod+shield, ele.

Not true :wink:

You will use Fire Pillar + Storm Dust + Hell Breath combo. You get:

• CC from Fire Pillar
  • multi-hits from Storm Dust
  • pushback from Hell Breath

Worth channeling skill for some time (you can cancel the skill at any time if you want too).

Waste of points. You need those elsewhere.

You can max any of your choice, but Elementalist is one of the few classes with a large skill point deficit. The only skill you want to max is Meteor (and I also encourage you to do some CM in Sanctuary to get a Black Pawnd gem for your skill). Hail is usually sufficient at 1 point, since you want it for CC, not damage. Leaves 39 points for Fire Claw, Electrocute and Storm Dust, and you can allocate them as you wish. Just put an even number of points in Electrocute to get an extra target.

thank for feedback.
how do you think about fireball now? i have 5 points left for fireball, firewall and enchant fire after spending in other pyro’s skills. how should i spend these 5 point left? my plan is 3 fireball 1 firewall and 1 enchant fire but if fireball suck now then 4 firewall 1 enchant fire. is it ok?

Don’t get fireball. It’s ■■■■.

Not worth it.

Magic Shield 5
Teleport 5
Lethargy 5

True

thank guys :smiley:
does enchant fire affect skill? or just normal attack?
should i add a point for it?
and i got some question about taoist
between CDC and DP which one should be maxed? i have 18 points left
do i need a point for upper level?

1 Point in it is ok and probably enough (for my char it is)

edit: cdc looks still better than dp. i’ll change to max cdc later

I got lvl 1 enchant fire, lvl 4 firewall+ firewall arts.
Upper level+ flame ground makes flame ground hit flying enemies.

O.O Oooooooooohhh, I thought it was only prominence. Kinda feel like some skills would lose their purpose though. Like upper level and Heavy Gravity. I get that HG does damage but, seems boring if all skills are just aoe damage everything XD

already hits flying with the ART and you should 100% get it asap. its so nice

edit:
oh sorry nevermind. the change was not to FG but Prom. how weird and… useless (because art)

Already have the ART. Just saying that was what I saw in the patch notes XD

I have 3 fireball 1 firewall 1 enchant fire, but clearly I never use fireball, firewall scales poorly and enchant fire is pointless leveling up (1 point gives like +4000/5000 fire property/fire damage and each point after that only increase the damage by 100). I guess you can go 4 firewall 1 enchant fire.

With taoist change lately i wonder if it still a wiz boss killer class or not? if not then what class can help me kill boss fast?

PyroEleTao is really good aoe (for wiz) but also feels better at bosses than WL+FF.
LigthingCharm and TriDisaster are still great.
It’s the best overall INT Wizard build now.

BlossomBlader or Mergen