Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro Build Assistance

Hey all. Looking for some assistance in making a pyro decision. I’ve read a few threads but I’m having some trouble coming to a conclusion. See below builds:

A) Wiz > Pyro3 > Link3 > Sage
B) Wiz > Pyro3 > Link2 > Kino > Sage

The following questions are all PvE based:

1. How effective is Link3’s JP hit count late game really? Assuming very well-geared and solo, is there a point where the extra hit count becomes wasted?

2. I’ve read R8 mobs start resisting JP. In reality, how frequent is this? Is it noticeably frequent or is it something insignificant?

3. I like Kino’s PP synergy and the swap mechanic. How useful are these things late game? Does PP+Fireball+Agny do relevant damage or does it fall off?

4. I’ve read in some other threads that MicroDimension only dupes things to their skill level 1. Can you do anything worthwhile with it, or is it there just for lulz? What exactly can be duped?

Thanks in advance!

That’s the build I picked :^)

1. I’ve read R8 mobs start resisting JP. In reality, how frequent is this? Is it noticeably frequent or is it something insignificant?

Quite frequent, there is at least one kind of mob per map that is resistant to JP, they are normally mages.

1. I like Kino’s PP synergy and the swap mechanic. How useful are these things late game? Does PP+Fireball+Agny do relevant damage or does it fall off?

Due to the lack of Surespell your PP breaks whenever you take damage, it is wise to use it between boss attacks. PP also pushes the fireballs so you are normally able to hit up to 4 times before the fireball gets out of range, which makes it mediocre when facing normal mobs.

The damage is decent and it does a quite amount of damage when there are several fireballs linked to each other.

1. I’ve read in some other threads that MicroDimension only dupes things to their skill level 1. Can you do anything worthwhile with it, or is it there just for lulz? What exactly can be duped?

Old bug. Micro Dimension dupes objects properly now, but just once.

For reference:

there’s this behavior that when you Hangman Knots the linked fireballs they get pushed out after the first hits, dunno.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply, Anarth. I’ll be going with this build. May I ask what your recommended skill point distribution is for Kino?

I’d suggest you to think a little more and possibly wait for more players to give out their suggestions.

But answering your question:

5 / 5
Psychic Pressure

5 / 5
Telekinesis

5 / 5
Swap

0 / 5
Teleport (You have Sage’s blink).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do a little more research before setting anything in stone.

1 Like

The only time I ever saw fireballs being pushed that way is when I leave the damage attribute of hangsman’s knot ON.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s really good to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Dont go Kino for this build. This combo is very weak and unreliable. Also it is not increased by Agni necklace at all. Wasting rank 7 for 4 hits of 1 matk when it can be interrupted? no thanks. Get thauma1 for farming of some materials, or even FF1 for killing mobs with high mdef. though, it is not needed that much.
Much better is to go wiz1-pyro2-link2-thauma2-sage. High matk for farming, very easy to level, go full int. The point is that endgame now is farming of materials from high level mobs, so thauma is very usefull here. Also, you get pretty high matk needed to overcome the mdef of monsters.

I tested PP+Fireball with and without agny. The damage of the fireball sparks roughly triple in power.

always link3 if u want to do fire ball combo (with highest potential)

link have hit limit = 10xskill level
link will break if it hit its limit

fire ball combo do 100hit in few second
if u want to miximize combo
link3 is only choice

if you don’t care about combo and just using skill normally
you can pick any

anyone use hell breath?

lv1 hb is enough for combo

Hellbreath debuff rate is based off the skill level

Pyro3 -> Linker3 -> Sage would be better as solo boss killer.
The mechanism is that Fireballsx2>Duplicate>10s+>Fireballsx2>Duplicate = 8 fireballs at single spot, and then lure the Boss going in, as the Boss almost step in, you then link on the Boss with 8 fireballs and see His HP free fall instantly.
With 8 fireballs + 1 Boss or 2 Bosses (in mission), you need to link 10 targets, which LinkerC3 become necessary.
This is the best way to maximize the gameplay of Pyro-Linker combo.
But this build is good only mostly in Solo, or if you have companion in full support (perfect partner is Cryo3Chrono3 because they can help you buy time and snowroll your fireballs to boss for precise positioning). Because in party melee will just hit away your fireballs or they not bother to help you to lure or push back the fireballs.
TL:DR; This build is best to Solo Saalus/Mission, but you need High Transcended weapon to overcome high mdef monsters in lv300+ Map.

Pyro3 -> Linker2 -> Psychokino > Sage
With this build, you can only routine Fireballsx2>Duplicate>10s+>Fireballsx2 = 6 fireballs and Joint Penalty during boss time, not mention the link break on lesser hit count. On the other hand, this build Psychic Pressure is redundant with Hell Breathe, you can only use 1 of a time.
The good part is Swap, you can swap your boss into your fireballs paradise to ensure the right positioning, the fireworks combo is a bit overkill when your fireball can did enough damage.
But the main mechanism should use firepillar to trap them for 10s+, and take your time to setup fireballs and PP them, they do better on link-resist targets.
TL:DR; Fireballs+PP very gimmick to use, not effective on chaos situation compare to deploy and lure.

Pyro2 -> Linker2 -> Thauma2 -> Sage
Also routine Fireballsx2>Duplicate>10s+>Fireballsx2 = 6 fireballs
This build is quite well-rounded that more specialize in farming and good in general, be in solo 240dungeon or crystal mine of any low level mats with JP+HK+Swell Body combo.
In regular mobbing and questing, just put 1 fireball and JP as many targets as possible, the HK and bam monsters will die really fast.
TL:DR; Strong enough to kill regular monsters or Boss without rely high matk weapon, and with better ability to farm. But the maximum potential damage lesser than pyro3-linker3-sage on perfect setup (where multiplication works like crazy and overcame the mdef wall with trans weapon), which can only be done if you are the sole DPS in party.

1 Like