Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro 3 > Linker 1 > what next?

I’ve asked this in other places recently, but I’m almost to circle 6 and I don’t know which direction to head in. Since I’ve given up getting Wiz 3 for quick cast, idk how I feel about going into Necromancer with its long cast times, or even warlock at rank 7 if i don’t. Anybody else on this class path/got any tips?

reroll, pyro3 is useless :cry:

I’d suggest either Linker 3 then Sage at Rank 8.
Another one is Necro 3 because of the summons. Or if you want to reroll then just make this character an Alchemist3

See I’m leaning more towards Necro 3 because I really like the idea of the summons. Idk about Linker 3 because I think taking more than 2 circles would be overkill.

Psychokino Linker 2 Sage

Yah that’s another option. I was thinking about this one too, except I’d like to reroll so I can drop a pyro circle so I can pick up warlock at rank 7 (Wiz > Pyro 2 > Linker 1 > Kino 1 > Linker 2 > Warlock > Sage)

Pyro 3 doesn’t offer all that much in a build like that; Hell Breath is awful, Flame Ground has 100% uptime at lvl 10, fireball 10 is fine, fire pillar 5 is fine for its purpose since all leveling it up does is increase damage. Firewall just starts getting good at lvl 10 but going into pyro3 just for 4-5 more levels in firewall wouldn’t be worth it in a build primarily using PP on fireballs tbh.

i suggest Linker 3 Sage because of the Spiritual Link combo you can do with your party and Sage can bolster your Pyro3 with it’s skills as well

In that case, Pyro2 Kino Chrono3, or Pyro2 Kino Linker Wiz3. IMO the token Warlock rank is wasted, and while Linker2 is nice, with a Joint Penalty gem it’s only +2 links and a bit longer HK + spiritual chain which is situationally useful at best.

“Pyro2>Kino>Chrono3”

Gotta admit I never thought of this one, because I feel like playing pyrokino without linker to keep your fireballs in sync with your target would be a pain in the butt. I imagine Chrono 3 is able to make up for that with much better group utility (and it probably has something to hold enemies in place, idk if the fireball+PP works through Stop).

“Pyro2>Kino>Linker>Wiz3”

What purpose does wiz3 have in the build? Is it just for quick cast attribute? Because surespell doesn’t work when you’re being knocked down/back/around and the stun attribute on kino2 PP accomplishes roughly the same thing while having more damage on PP.

Basically just for quick cast attribute, yeah. Quick cast is pretty OP, and will be even moreso moving forward with higher and higher damage output skills.

I thought about how Kino might suffer without linked fireballs, but then I also thought “you can have like 16 fireballs with Chrono3Sage so you can’t possibly link them all anyway, and 16 fireballs is awesome”.

To be honest, you only need 4 to 6 fireballs linked to do insane damage to targets. But with the current hit count limit on joint penalty, linker c2 is not enough for pyro c3 lv15 quad fireballs; jp will break before your fireball runs out of hits. Pyro c2 4x fireballs should be fine with linker c2, however.

You know for some reason I had assumed Quick Cast was on a much longer cooldown at level 5. I just looked it up and it’s ridiculous, why bother having other damage ranks at circle 2 and 3 in the first place if wiz3 is always the best choice for top dps? smh

well since I’m making a second wiz to go wiz3 anyway that still doesnt solve the issue of what i’m gonna do with this character thats 3 levels away from circle 6 :confused:

You could take alchemist for r6 and r7 and craft pots and do awakening runs for yourself :slight_smile:

Having a utility char is never a bad thing :blush:

i mean i guess so but at the same time it feels like going alch is giving up on the char and i gotta do 160+ levels again. i’ve talked to alchemists before about this and pretty much all of them said it doesn’t help you make money, and the utility is actually overrated. from what i’ve seen of c3, that doesn’t change all that much…