Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro 3 build help [POLL]

Which of the two builds would be better? For my last alt I would love to try out a pyro 3 build that can actually be somewhat relevant late game without being 100% support. (All opinions welcomed and appreciated)

Wiz 1 -> Pyro 3 -> Linker 3 -> Enchanter / Warlock 1

Wiz 1 -> Pyro 3 -> Cryo 3 -> Sage / Warlock 1

• Wiz 1 -> Pyro 3 -> Linker 3 -> Enchanter / Warlock
  • Wiz 1 -> Pyro 3 -> Cryo 3 -> Sage / Warlock

0 voters

@creary954 i would go for the 1st build because you will have good support for ET etc. and you can punch mob groups in to oblivion with Joint Penalty and Fire Pillar + good weapon :smiley_cat:

but both builds are not good for bossing :slight_smile:

Second build with sage looks very good to me, has a lot of utility along with decent aoe damage. You can frost pillar to pull mobs together and send them to oblivion with pyro skills. Sage is very good only because of missile hole. Also you could perform in pvp too with some con. Subzero shield + missile hole is a very annoying combo to face.

@eralp96 yeah the second build has nice things too :smiley_cat:

I went ahead and inserted a poll just because it seems to be like a 1:1 voting so far

When I come back 5 hrs later and its tied 2:2

i would do wiz>py3>link3>sage because enchanter wouldnt be that useful in that build

Now its tied 4:4 NOT LIKE THIS every time I come back I was hoping I would see one build with atleast like 2-3 more votes then the other :C Also, ya idk what rank 8’s to go on each build side
its moreso, the ranks 1-7 I’m concerned about

Pyro3>Linker3>Sage

Sage have some really nice damage with linker, we should expect more damage from sage in C2 since it is a offensive class with red icon.

Warlock without c2 is a choke

sorry I tied it again xD

but my build is the second one with warlock, so pick the first one :relieved:

Why Linker 3? isn’t linker 1 more than enough?

I went for cryo-sage since sage can at least “double” the duration of [frost pillar].

Linker is just … idk … too gimmiky? The JP HK combo (the only solid/reliable combo from linker) is more a solo thing now because in a party setting JP just breaks too fast to matter. Nobody likes [physical link]. There aren’t enough “unique” buffs to even warrant [spiritual chain]. [lifeline] is just too much of a gimmick effectively used to snapshot buffs.

I like pyro - cryo - sage with the interesting synergy between the summon duration as well but my only thing was would they provide enough damage? At least with the linker aspect you could sort of make up for the loss of damage through the chains / cc / lifeline(in parties). Not trying to defend one over the other, just curious about which would be better.

I think the overall utility/CC you gain from mixing Fire Pillar and Frost Pillar trumps what linker would bring in most unorganized parties. In a group of friends with a goal/strat in mind, then the Linker build might be better, then again it might not, hard to say.

I dont like Linker much vs bosses, so it would also depend on what the build would be focusing on more in the end game. You also dont have to worry about link resist mobs if you go the pyro+cryo build, and the ice wall combo (provided you have a staff or dagger) never really gets to the point that it’s bad. Just wack away and Gust and you’ll do a nice chunk of damage on bosses.

I guess it really comes down to what the build will be hoping to do in end game, as it is in most cases. But if the OP is looking for a build that would not really have a truly weak moment, then I would say the pyro+cryo build would be the safe bet. Warlock 1 is still better overall dps than Sage1, but we dont know what Sage2 will bring so that may end up being the better option when we get to play it.

No, you can’t. It doesn’t. I tried pyro3-link3-ench. Link3 did “nothing” in a party setting other than group mobs (that didn’t die too fast) up. The really low hit limit on [joint penalty] made it so sometimes the links would break even before [hangman’s knot].

For [spiritual chain] to be useful, you need solo buffs from your party, otherwise it literally does NOTHING. Even if you DO have sharable solo buffs like [running shot], [surespell], [quickcast], [gung ho], these buffs have to be usable by everyone else they needlessly use up a buff slot or erase buffs your party does use.

[lifeline] is only 50% uptime and is really only usefull on “pure builds” otherwise it is a marginal increase. The uptime on it means at best you want a pure INT build with a pure SPR build in the party to get max ench damage on both buffs for maybe 1k8 elemental damage. [lifeline] will get use out of a really organized party (one that factors in stats, class comp, etc).

Linker does however shine in solo play + ST (single target) builds. The dagger build in particular makes great use of linker.

pyro3 link3 enchanter buffslave with lifeline. full int, combos well with those full spr chaplains that are showing up everywhere. JP sucks in most parties though.
pyro3 chrono3 sage/enchanter. everyone wants chronos. pass for more fire.

pyro3 just doesn’t have the damage.
sage copy… why copy? just attack with micro dimension, almost always does more damage. it’s now impossible to do both at once with the new fireball.
pyrokino sparks? sorry, only will affect one fireball at a time! you’ll never match the dps of other “dps” types, never mind the support ability.
and you are stuck using agny for half your skills, which limits your equip options.