Tree of Savior Forum

PVP still lame?

Of course it matters. Mentality and overall game approach differs drastically from server to server in ToS. Its like comparing NA and Korean server in LoL.

1 Like

pvp is not really balanced and that what makes it lame
i think they should make a skill ban system where it allows a team to ban 5 specific skills before knowing what classes their enemies have taken, that would make pvp interesting

MOBA incoming?

The main problem now is matching system imho. It’s terrible. You need the game to put at least one cleric on each side. And definitely balance the cleric amount between the teams.

2 Likes

lol, is this hard for you to answer?

“Assuming it is 5v5 what you gonna do if you fought with a kino + 4 others with OP and meta players vs your team with white equips un-meta players but skillful. Who would win? What is your strategy to win since you claim we have technical skill here.”

If youre skillful like you claim to be you can pretty much answer that easily.

My actions will depend on what characters are on my team now. My strategy as a PD2 player would be sneak from the side and Disenchant -> Vapour -> Pandemic as much ppl as I can. After disenchant landed (even if dispell didnt proked) my team will have 25 sec to kill enemy who lost all their armor due to Disenchant attri. After making a Fumigate space where my teammates will be well protected against CC (+bloodletting, that doubles this protection), I can Outofbody+Explosion those, who’s R7 was Disenchanted. My team will also benefit from my Revive. I guess it’s a lot of assets to the team from only one char.

1 Like

Well problem isnt really only with stated above, i fail to understand why there is no dimnishing returns on heals, or the fact that players can res eachother. ToS is the only game i can think about that allows resurrection in Arenas, horrible.

2 Likes

I agree with you. We were teammates sometimes in TBL. Haha

Agreed. Revive and Res on TBL is completely stupid. Even being restricted to one time per round.

1 Like

To be honest your strat will only work if you have meta-build teammates. This will not work against trans 10 solmiki opponents with 2 dopples on your team.

thats why we need a skill ban system

each team ban 5 skills

it could some how balance things up

imagine you could fight a cleric class that couldnt use his heal, res and safety zone

I think it’s:

50% team composition
25% gear
15% player skill
10% individual build

I say this because we can still beat a team with at least 3 high-trans orange-315 gear as long as the composition is good, but that is random too due to how TBL matchmaking works.

Gear still plays a huge part in PVP. I don’t know why people dismiss it as not. Maybe they’re playing a support build or something. We all know the rework made gear more important than ever.

Player skill at least matters more now than before. There are still OHKO (especially with good gear) and chain-CC builds though alongside insane skill mechanics (MF AOE + Raise for example) so sometimes no matter how skillful you are you’re bound to be caught offguard by those especially when drawn into a corner.

A good build still matters, but due to how def/mdef has been reworked now survivality is a little better and there are good counters to almost any build though again the randomness of TBL matchmaking makes that not always the case unless you’re in a server with only 10 people doing TBL every time.

In my experience so far, with good gear this might be the most OP composition:

Archer - a Hunter Scout Appraiser Cannon OR an Appraiser SR
Swordsman - a Cata Corsair Lancer OR a Corsair Murm
+
2 Clerics - a Diev3 Miko Kabal Inqui AND a Priest3 PD2
1 Wiz - a Cryo Chrono Sage OR a Cryo Kino Sage/RC
OR
1 Cleric - a Priest Miko Kabal Inqui OR a Diev3 Priest1 PD2
2 Wiz - a Cryo Chrono Sage and a Cryo Kino Sage/RC

(You can also replace the swordsman with the other archer and have 2 of them)

1 Like

Only weapon matters now A LOT. And you don’t even need to have trans10 to one-shot almost everyone with your burst skills.

Def/Mdef doesn’t mean a thing now - you will receive the same damage while having 2k def or 10k def - tested, proved. HP matters, yeah.

I lol’ed at this. :joy:
Now if someone can put a meme or a good joke…

Okay… I’ll just play with popolions and kepas…

But seriously. It’s really bald demand to be a competitive PvP player while doing nothing for it but for casual playing. It’s like complaining in MOBA-game why can’t I reach diamond division!? I play TWO games a day!

TBL is sht, no matter how much you sprinkle that with glitters at the end of the day, it is still a nice looking piece of sht.

There is little to no brag rights being on top 10 pvp on ToS though., i see no reason to go hardcore on ToS current pvp(or previous).

Chances are high that you played cleric, or got teamed up with alot of clerics to reach top10 anyway.

If i want to pvp, i got other games to play.

3 Likes

Chilly excuses, duh D:

Some days getting to top 10 is just walk in the park when you’re lucky with team composition. Other days, you get straight losses sending you into the 50’s or 100’s.

That is at least in SEA where at peak hours there are about 50 or so players queueing.

I feel bad for Dragoons though. I rarely see them rank well in TBL anymore. I now wonder what happened to SEA’s used-to-be top swordsman (YugiMori - catagoon) - stopped playing? Seems to be replaced now by a well-geared Murmillo.

1 Like

We need demihuman resistance gear to improve PvP I guess… OHKO is one of the main problems.

or equalized gear? that disappeared ages ago…

1 Like