Tree of Savior Forum

[ PvP ] Catalansair (5/29/17 UPDATE: final skill revamp)

Enjoy it while it lasts > : D

2 Likes

Isnā€™t evasion dying the next patch though?

Well enjoy it for now :smiley:

Looks like this is the meta PvP build post-rebalance.

1 Like

Feel free to try this build this reset event!

So far I have tried these lancer builds from this reset event:

sw3 > cata3 > goon > lancer (DEX)

This is the current cata meta in kToS at the moment. It gives many damage skills and specially the pseudo dethrone skill ā€œGae Bolgā€, the range is not as good as dethrone but still usable in PVP. The concentrate bonus damage synergizes well with the multihit property of dragoon skills.

sw3> cata3> pelt > lancer (DEX)

I took pelt to have maximum evasion and was able to get 800. Seems like evasion is still viable but itā€™s not as good as before, even full STR can still miss. The blocking capability is situationally useful. Aside from these thereā€™s nothing more.

sw2 > hop2 > cata3 > lancer (STR)

To have better crit rate and the best damage of crush and quaintain without sacrificing mobility, spear lunge > crush > quantain. Though, you lose double slash, longer pain barrier and restrain from sw3.

sw1> pelt1 > hop2 > cor3 > lancer (STR)

Build gives harder CC (19sec hook) and best damage of crush and quaintain but loses the mobility and knockdown utility from cata. The main PvP combo is hook > long stride/joust > mount > crush + quaintain, neat for 2v2 but hard to execute in 5v5.

@Tanzen is it still worth using cata now ? I heard it was nerfed pretty bad
I want to make it but everyone told me to go dopple
Can you give me some insight ? Still 164lvl swordman

PVPwise itā€™s still is, the mobility and utility is still good only that the damage from skills were toned down. The nerf from cata affacted PvE the most, specially in ET.

Forced to PvP if you donā€™t have a solid dash / invisibility (so of you donā€™t go in the Murmillo way).

Only 3 things are useful :

• block penetration passive
  • impaler as a disabler
  • Trot 15 for mobility

PvE avoid it.

Hey, iā€™m building a PVP focused catalancer, really liked cata3 despite the low damage, trot is simply amazing. My question is, i wanna go sw2>hop2>cata3>lancer, i feel like sacrificing sw3 is okay for spear lunge and finestra and also make a better rotation for pve, i mean, i will stun then anyway with 30% restrain rush, and losing 5s on pain barrier is also something i dont care much. Do you think itā€™s okay for me to go that? ill not have corsair too, which is bad.
I was thinking about going 150 con and rest str, is that good? will i be to weak on pvp? hop2 will make pve much better for me and i really dont like sw3

I love cataphract as well despite it will be soon a dying breed. xD

As for your inquiry, sw2>hop2>cata3>lancer is a decent build that is presumably to be a high STR. Itā€™s the cataphract build that gives the best potential crit rate due to finestra, and quaintain damage thanks to to lunge and crush. Finestraā€™s block could also synergize with the ā€˜until-now-mysteriousā€™ block capability of Lancerā€™s initiate.

Though, in my humble opinion, sw3>cata3>xxx>xxx is the best PvP cataphract build. Keep in mind that by not taking sw3 you are also loosing a stronger gung ho (STR type) / concentrate (DEX type), and double slash which is actually very good in PVP too. If you want to have better PvE rotation without sacrificing sw3 , you may want to try kToS meta lancer which is sw3>cata3>goon1>lancer. Also, a PVP focused cataphract requires a maximum restrain lvl for you to win against fellow cataphracts on rush clashes, wherein who gets stunned first loses, I actually use durandal and seedmia gem in gloves to boost my restrain to lvl 13 which is 78% stun rate if i recall it right. Not taking a corsair class is okay, I might drop mine too since Iā€™m planning to take peltasa for rank 7 (sw3>cata3>peltasa>lancer) to boost my evasion, I have am not fully decided yet since hook will be better when TBL is changed to 3v3.

Then again, sw2>hop2>cata3>lancer is a nice build, it is in between PvP and PvE. As for CON, you may add depending on you preference, most people put 50-100, as long as you build it STR not DEX, if you put too much CON you will be sacrificing accuracy and gung ho bonus damage, I personally donā€™t add CON since I am DEX type and want to maximize my evasion and concentrate damage.

PS: Most cases, we need to sacrifice PvE to maximimize PvP potential, we canā€™t get both sides of the coin. I hope I was able to help, feel free to ask more, thanks for the inquiry! :slight_smile:

Why is high str mandatory? If im going hop2 iā€™ll have high crit chance and by that isnt dex going to be better for the crit attack?

I dont really have experience on PVP, i didnt even get to rank 8 yet and thats why iam afraid of losing the chance to change it. Also, i can go sw2 with the gems, i would end up with a nice amout of stun chance right? i see that ill lose higher gunho and pain barrier but the 150 crit chance, block chance, pierce and lunge looks too good to pass.

if we stop to see, im trading (+30% stun chance on restrain, +5s on pain barrier, better gunho/concentrate and double slash) + 1 filler class rank for 10/10 finestra, spear lunge, that as you said would make my rotation damage alot better, and 15/15 pierce that i dont really know if its usable in PVP.
Well its a tough decision since we get 1 filler class rank but, i dont really like the dragoon option because circle 2 makes dragoon much better, i dont like going only for the first circle and besides corsair and petalsta there is not many options. Ill try hop2, but im afraid to regret this decision later on hahah.

Thanks for the help <3

First, by using hopliteā€™s finestra, it will take away your evasion making your DEX investment less practical. Second, critical attack is unreliable source of damage since the changed the critical formula (crit rate - crit resist)^0.65, also the reason why people prefer red or green gems on their weapon now, so might as well go with consistent damage growth in PATK from STR. Third, sw2>hop2>cata3>lancer dont have ā€œspeedā€ based skills that would benefit from speed offered by DEX.

Like what I have said, to have higher chance of wining against fellow cataphracts on rush clashes you will need maximum restrain.Whoever gets stunned first usually loses. If you use seedmia gem and durandal at sw2, the highest stun change you will attain is 48% compared to 78% of a full breed sw3.

But I guess itā€™s break even since you get the utilities hoplite can offer.

Finestra, and spear lunge is definitely useful, I think stabbing is better than pierce. But mostlikely you will rarely use them in PvP, since crush and quaintain is already sufficient source for pierce damage.

I really recommend sw3, anyway itā€™s a matter of trade-offs and preference in playstyle in the end of the day.

1 Like

iā€™ve tried other lancerā€™s combinations, but it seems that swd3->cat3->cor1->Lancer1 still the best one to tbl.

Iā€™m planning to use:

vienti krisius plate top n bot w green gem (to low critc chance)
vienti krisius gloves w yellow gem (cause 0 dex invested + yellow gemā€™s block pen+ initiate+cata buff 2hspear can handle w enemiesā€™ block, imo)
vienti krisius greaves w blue gem or yellow to up more hp
dhrag necklace
2x dhrag bracelet
purine pevordimas pike w 2x red gems

3x hair costume w hp 2k+

5 nuaelle lv10 +3 cards???

but donā€™t know how iā€™ll stats my lancer, but i know 4 sure that is just needed str n con, maybe 2:1 or 3:1, acc is necessary.

a build tank w high acc n w crush+quintain can be able to down some enemies n back home alive.

1 Like

@Tanzen, do u know another post that we can discuss about lancer? Can u link it, pls?

Why do you level joust? isnt better to level crush?

We can discuss lancer here as well.

Itā€™s not an updated build I will update soon after the end of reset event.

This is my build.

After some calcu

vienti krisius plate top n bot w green gem (to low critc chance)
Dehvlin gauntlets w 2x yellow gem (cause 0 dex invested + yellow gemā€™s block pen+ initiate+cata buff 2hspear can handle w enemiesā€™ block, imo)
vienti krisius greaves w blue gem or yellow to up more hp
dhrag necklace
2x dhrag bracelet
purine pevordimas pike w 2x red gems (2x greem gem lvl8 rise up crate to 23% against base crest)

3x hair costume w hp 2k+

5 nuaelle lv10 +3 cards???

+mount my lancerā€™s hp is ~70k+ lvl330 n ~60k+ lvl200 TBL

1 Like

@Hi5Monk
if going STR itā€™s better to take Gung Ho since it scales with it,

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11117778h.233f5c6a85.192f3f4165.152535.1431415465

UPDATE:
revamp skill distribution

major changes

• Double Slash is maxed, and is now considered main damage skill, skill points were taken away from Pain Barrier.

• 2 buff options for swordsman, gung ho for STR types, concentrate for DEX types.

• Doom Spike is removed from skillset, points were allocated in Imapler.

• Initiate is now maxed, due to the more necessity of survivability since evasion/stack pdef is is now less effective than before.

• Unhoursing is now a viable damage skill.

• Joust has became a full utility skill because of low damage multiplier.

1 Like