Tree of Savior Forum

PVE, transitional PVP Dragoon Build(s)

Hi, doing a bit of research around the forums and have read many great feedback and guides by the community. In regards to a build, I was wondering what would be best if I prefer to mainly pve, but if I decide to jump into PVP, i wouldn’t be steamrolled either and can stand a chance against at least half of the people I’d run into

Essentially, I’d like to incorporate Dragoons somehow, mainly because I like their outfit, but I’m sure they’re more than just that.

My Current swordsman is Swordsman > Highlander 3,

I’m happy with my current set up due to damage, but I was wondering;

If I were to choose a build that can enter the ring with more ease than the other, what would be your suggestion? Would utility go a real long way as opposed to pure dps

Corsair c2 > Dragoon

Hoplite c2 > Dragoon

Misc Suggestion

Thank you!

Great information on front page of course, but here’s the source, [Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

Highlander abilities are nice in that the only one that requires a particular stance is Cross Guard (2H Sword), so they do well when transitioning to Dragoon abilities that require 1H or 2H Spears. I think that as a Dragoon, you will absolutely want to take advantage of the ability to use 2H Spears just for the increase in damage. Hoplite’s Finestra shares the same requirements as the Dragoon, 1H or 2H Spears.

Corsair will require you to at least have a gear set with a 1H Spear and Dagger if you want to take advantage of half of its abilities. So now this is coming to 3 weapon sets, which means you’ll have to manually swap gear if you ever want to take advantage of your only defensive ability, Cross Guard.

I’m actually in a similar place as you, Sword 1 > Highlander 3. I intend to go Hoplite 2 > Dragoon, as being able to 100% uptime Finestra will let me invest more in STR.

Yeah, everything about going h3 to hop 2 > dragoon seems like a decent idea for damage, I’m just hoping with that build, I can still fit into PVP and still be able to fight without feeling like I have a pure pve only build, which is why corsair is also an option but I don’t really like the class itself