Tree of Savior Forum

PvE Spear Shinobi build - Need Critics/Suggestion

I’ve been reading some info for this past few weeks about Shinobi and getting not that good about it because of the divided def and evasion but I think Shinobi has still the Best burst damage because of the x5 bunshin than can rekt some boss pretty fast.

I’m gonna post here what build I came up with PvE in mind as priority and the reasons why it is like that for argument’s sake. I’ll try to make it brief as I can.

My build is Swordsman>Pelta>Hoplite>Hoplite>Corsair>Doppel>Shinobi :

Why I choose it like that?

• Swordsman(C1) - As you can see no bash and thrust because I believe this c1 skills is not that strong on later/end game and having it buffs max is much helpful.

• Peltasta(C1) - I’ve been thinking if I should go Swordsman c2 but I have to think further ahead that I need also to have a party with me that’s why I chose this class. Basically so I can tank for them.

• Hoplite(C2) - Ok the main reason why I get this is for Finestra and Spear Lunge to have a good burst damage on my Shinobi like on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebsbcTHu5lQ Additionally Shinobi won’t copy your buffs but if your stats already buffed up it can carry over to the clones that’s why the additional Crit Chance of Finestra I think is plenty useful for this.

• Corsair(C1) - I don’t see any reason going for C2 because I won’t even use dagger because spear is gonna be my main. I get this for Party sake again with Jolly Roger that is really helpful also for mob control and of course money grind.

• Doppel(C1) - I get this because of the skill Deeds of Valor that I think even 1 stack(additional attck speed on stats) of this is pretty useful for my clones and even without the clones Punish also have synergy with Spear Lunge. Cyclone is also good for mob control while waiting for my Bunshin to cooldown.

• Shinobi(C1) - I didn’t get Mijin as I read that it’s useless as of now because it drains a lot of your HP and I don’t see Mokuton useful on PvE. As for me I think it has the best burst damage on swordsman class as I said earlier on my post.

Additional argument:

• Why I didn’t choose Highlander(C2) like others? - Aside from Skyliner being nerf having choosing Pelta, Corsair, Doppel is I believe will benefit more in a party than thinking to boost my Solo Damage for myself.

• Why I didn’t choose Swordsman(C3) like others? - Like the first reason that having Pelta, Corsair and Doppel will much benefit on a party play.

• Why I didn’t choose Barb(c2) and Corsair(C2) like others? - The clones can’t copy the buffs on barb and also the Spear Lunge of Hoplite is I think has much good synergy for Kunai rather than the early gamer class of Barb. No Corsair c2 as I don’t feel like using dagger and it doesn’t go well with Hoplite.

My Concerns

• Will this build ok for late/end game parties for some grinding or leveling?

• Can Shinobi Clones + Kunai be helpful for mob control?

@Cathexis @Autentist @jinfin I’ve base this build on what info I gathered reading your comments and posts on other threads, hopefully you can give me some feedback regarding this.

Thanks for your time reading this, please do leave suggestions/opinions or any constructive criticism about my PvE build.

1 Like

Why max guardian if you thinking of DPS burst ?

You can use 1hd spear + dagger at sametime.
Corsair also give add damage if using dagger.

For PVE you must spend some point into DPE for double exp and drop.
also punish skill required enemy being in knockdown state.
and for that i think you need Bash level 3.
for me, if focus on pve i would take 3 points from pain barrier to bash.
give 1 more skill for knockdown with 3 overheat and only 6s CD.
If you don’t wanna bash for knockdown you can use Mordsclag but it’s cd higher than punish ( but it’s has overheat )

IMO Bunshin so bad, not about the divided def & eva but taking x5 damage ( if you summon 5 clones )
i rather max mijin no jutsu, even it a nuke skill you can use it at normal mobs even when you mobbing, while bunshin only use for bosses.
you could die if use bunshin in mobbing .
also their CD only different 1s.

You can read & ask here for detail information
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/guide-swordsmans-battle-manual-all-classes-by-cathexis/

1 Like

Yes i’m thinking about burst damage but I also want to be useful on a party by shifting gears to 1 hand + shield when needed.

I’ve read some threads about DPE also and almost of them saying that it’s mostly just good for boss and I think it would be a waste not to max other sure skill with benefits in the long run.
For Punish I think Umbo blow might have good synergy for it but yeah I might reconsider it also thanks for your suggestion.

I do understand that bunshin take x5 damage, but if I step on a Safety Zone wouldn’t I avoid damage and just do burst damage on a boss or even mobs?

Whats you mean ? before you said won’t use dagger and now u say shifting to shield ?
you don’t need def that much i think, also the best about guardian is 18% evasion attribute.
maxing guardian make your attack decrease so much. with level 1 guardian u can tank also do decent damage.

Umbo blow attribute idk it’s add knockback or knockdown, in official with google translate it’s say knockdown.
but add 3 point into bash give your more damage coz bunshin can copy Bash.

Wow that’s a great idea. Thanks.
But in conditional i still say bunshin bad.
level 5 bunshin last for 20s, you can use kunai for 4x times.
but after use 2x times kunai you need 15s delay, and for that 15s you must really" be carefull.
Danger your life for 20s only for boost kunai, i don’t think a good idea.
but that’s my opinion, your opinion has point too.

For mobs, in my experience on kTOS dungeon cleric barely cast SZ on normal mobs, only for boss. And still the SZ won’t last for 20s
not to say you’re tanker on Dungeon

What I mean i’ll gonna prefer 2hand spear rather than 1hand spear + dagger for dps as shifting weapons and gears can be done anytime.[quote=“NasiBubur, post:4, topic:154766”]
Wow that’s a great idea. Thanks.But in conditional i still say bunshin bad.level 5 bunshin last for 20s, you can use kunai for 4x times.but after use 2x times kunai you need 15s delay, and for that 15s you must really" be carefull.Danger your life for 20s only for boost kunai, i don’t think a good idea.but that’s my opinion, your opinion has point too.
[/quote]

Thanks, i’ll try to deal with that conditional and I think my R1-R6 skills can manage to cover my character while not using bunshin. Yep that would probably a concern if my r1-r6 skills won’t be good enough.

You can’t use 2hd spear if not going to Cataphract or Dragoon

Oh my, didn’t check on that, I guess I need to reconsider having c2 corsair and remove doppel, Anyway i’ll still think about it.

You might want to get Bash Level 3 for the Knockdown effect.

You should get Level 1 of Rim Blow, since it is another CC skill.

Well, you are going to be using Spear on your main hand and Dagger on your off-hand most of the time. Only switching to shield when you need to tank during dungeons, etc.

I think your build is overall good, as you said there are many things that have good synergy with the classes you have picked. And it is a good build to level up alone.

For parties (dungeons, Earth Tower, etc), you can’t use your clones or you will be dead in an instant, so most of the power of your build will be lost during group play. But that should be fine, since you will be mainly drawing aggro of the mobs with Swash Buckling and doing your job as a tank. And you still have plenty of good skills to use that don’t rely on the clones, so it is fine.

Not really, the only thing they do is damage, so unless you kill them with the Kunai, then it won’t really make any difference when it comes to mob control.

Oh, and you should get level of Mokuton no Jutsu, as it is a pretty nice utility skill.

EDIT:

Oh, and Punish is extremely difficult to pull off with Spear Lunge, considering the limited amount of time you have to apply the vulnerability, knockdown someone, catch up to them and then use Punish. So you might want to consider that too.

1 Like

Yeah the master come. :smile:

Rim blow has cc ? whats cc ?

Bash > knockdown > punish > …
Punish make enemy knockdown too or has another effect ? or simply just do damage.
in Tosbase skill video, enemy already dead.

I think CC = Crowd Control.

And what he meant by to catch up and use Punish is the combination for having knockdown skill + Spear lunge(for pierce vulnerability) or vice versa not having enough time to pull Punish with extra damage. With that I might really change Punish skill to Mordschlag, atleast it is overheat.

what i mean is what cc effect that Rim blow has ?

about punish is i also wanna know if this skill has CC effect too or not
Basically if it’s has knockdown effect too, it’ll be good combination on pvp.

But on Pve knockdown effect can’t use for damage dealer coz it’ll will screw your mobbing mobs, and party don’t like it.
That’s why Cata skills have knockdown attribute off.

I might not get anymore replies, maybe aside from bunshin that I would call it a true Double Edge Skill is that my build just need minor tweaks as Cath suggested. So I would like just to thank you @NasiBubur and @Cathexis for your suggestions for me to polish it, I mostly take all your suggestions except from Mokuton as I’ve been still thinking the usage for it on PvE.

In paper this skill can help you tanking, it’s has attribute bind enemy for 8s.
So you can use this skill to avoid damage then attack from distance, since spear has range attack ( 1hd spear 5range & 2hd spear 10range )
If there are mele magic monsters, you have no damage too if hit from far.
But the problem here AFAIK this skill has 0 AOE so you just hit 1mob, Useless
But the part of avoiding damage maybe usefull

@Cathexis Also i wanna ask this too
What happend if in dungeon while i’m tanking i use skills that make me dissapear like Mokuton, Katon and Mijin ( hiding ), the aggro on me gone and mobs hit my party ?

I’m kinda curious what other stats does bunsin divide, I think it doesn’t divide hp, str and crit, I wonder if it divide also your block rate. It might affect my stat build if it isn’t but i’ll still gonna go high str like Cath’s build here… hopefully high str is still ok at higher level without too much con or dex or else the struggle might be real :sweat_smile: Although he claimed on his guide that full str is still viable at lvl 280. Let’s see what would be it on this coming EA.

It is a knockback.

No, Punish has no CC. You can only use it to damage enemies who are knocked down (if they are not knocked down you cannot use it).

The aggro remains on you as long as you have dealt enough damage / aggro threat to keep it on you after a few seconds.

It is defense, evasion and increases the damage you take. I am not sure about block, but I don’t think it reduces it, would require confirmation of someone who has access to the class.

And Full STR is only viable as a Hoplite C3 build, so every build will have to add DEX into their builds.

But High STR is still fine, and you can always add more points into CON/DEX if you feel like you need them. You will be able to tell once you are actually playing the game.

1 Like

Shinobi bunshin’s HP is not clear, even it says you need high dex for it, does it mean that dex is like a multiplier from your original HP and that would be your bunshin’s HP? Kinda like Original HP * (Dex * 0.001). I’m not sure how it works because even if your HP is high but your dex is low, bunshin might suffer a lot from boss and die instantly. Need to further test on this.