Tree of Savior Forum

PVE Build For Noob

Hi everyone,
I started this game recently and don’t know very much how to build my wizard for good PVE dps party purpose. I really liked the Wiz3>Cryo>Psycho>Rune Caster build but want to know if it is viable in the current meta. If not, please advice me of good viable build. Thank you very much!

This is my cryo kino build,

-you need audra staff to make this work.
-needs full int (almost all wizards should go full int)

problems start appearing when you reach rank 8, ice wall psy pressure combo does decent damage, not fantastic but decent even with rune of ice.
I do not recommend this build if you are bad at ice walling. You must position ice wall properly, make sure other teamates take agro from boss and be quick.

currently, you should see what kind of wizard you want to make, ie a thaumaturge, runecaster, necro, sorc, etc.

Linker works very well with pyro and cryo.

Current meta may not be elementalist anymore, it could be pyro c2/c3>linker c2> whatever> sage.

I´ve read that wiz3 cryo3 is viable now. Could wiz3>Cryo3>Kyno>RC be a good build?

it can work. but im not sure how good you will be against mobs with 300k hp.

the build you suggested is good for bossing, but even at that stage it pales in comparison to a pyro with linker’s dps when agny necklace is equiped.

It is fun though, casting ice wall with psy pressure combo. But as to whether or not it is viable will depend on your gear and your ability to position yourself.

you can go pyro c3>linker>c3>sage with agny if you want to dps in PVE, I think this might be current meta now.

Or if you want to go with a cryo build, then wiz3>cryo c3> linker c2.

Why isn’t elememe in the meta anymore? i’ve read that prominence with agny is a really good combo.

1 Like

prominence is kind of “random” from what i have heard. Elementalist only has 2 fire spells, that is meteor and prominence, whereas pyro is a pyro, all its spells are fire spells that are affected by agni.

With agni necklace your flame ground becomes a mini frost cloud but does 20-40% less damage but can have a lot more up time than frost cloud, but no one uses only flame ground, you ofcourse will start stacking fireballs, use sage to duplicate them, use fire pillar and fire wall.

you can use hell breath, its actually worth it now. linking fireballs to bosses will kill them pretty quick

But this is why I think agny was introduced, if you want to be able to help in party instead of being a chrono, then you will dps by elememe before agny.
So any wizard build that didnt have ele was not able to help much in rank 8. let alone linkers who got ■■■■■■ by link resist mobs. So to diversify and make the other trees good, make pyro good or comparable to elementalist.

Think about it, sorc, necro, alchemist, thaum, WL, they are all rank 5-7 classes and either you chose wizard c3>linker c2> or go with elememe build instead. You could not handle the 400k hp mobs with your rank 2>4 or 5 classes in rank 8 content.

If you really want ele in your build. pyro c3>elec3>sage.