Tree of Savior Forum

Putting Swordsman on hold for archer! Need advice!

Im choosing archer because I loved my bowazon in Diablo 2 and the archer resembles that a lot.

The build I will be doing is one of two which I have been reading about.

Archer 1
Ranger 3
Fletcher 3
Mergen 1 (When released)

-OR-

Archer 2
Ranger 2
Fletcher 3
Mergen 1 (When released)

I have been seeing these two variations and I was wondering why people choose archer 2 over ranger 3? What am I losing and what am I gaining? I honestly just want to farm a lot of silver to support my alts. This archer is going to be my main grinder to unlock all the collections, farm silver, and give my alts silver to twink my gear.

PS: I just bought a xbox1 controller and the game feels so much better now! It reminds me of playing Diablo 3 on the console compared to the PC… (Controller is far superior for action RPGs)

Archer1 Ranger3

• nearly all of your Archer1 skills will eventually become obsolete except for Swift step with occasional use of full draw and oblique
  • optimal damage (+45%) for all rank active skills from maxed Steady aim

Archer2 Ranger2

• “OK” burst from Multishot 10 (11 w/ gem), might get obsolete in rotation at later ranks though due to charging time
  • +25% crit rate from swift step attribute with 100% uptime (also, +15% evasion compared to Archer1’s +10%)
  • only +30% from steady aim but same duration/uptime

Personally I’d go with the 2nd build, or even drop it to just Ranger1 and pickup Scout1 for utility. I think Barrage and Steady Aim alone are enough from Ranger1, and you’ll only have Steady Aim up 40% of the time at any levels.

Also, while Sword class might handle really well with a controller, it’s recommended to use mouse mode for Archers due to ground-targeted skills.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/fletcher3-discussion-thread-clearing-the-fog-and-busting-myths/?source_topic_id=317071

Tldr a2 r1 scout1 fletcher3 mergen gonna be meta

1 Like

a2 > r1> scout> fle 3

1 Like

why scout? dont i lose a lot from ranger then? r1 only gives 5/5 steady aim

lvl 5 steady aim is 10% increase in dmg, while lvl 10 is 15 % … those 5% points are not worth an entire rank, might as well go for scouts inv, plus flare shot.

Can you guys link me a build path for Archer 2. ranger 1, scout, fletcher 3

In what order do I get them and what skills do I take to level?

I found this but with no description or anything… Is it bad? What would you change or is it ok?

You can try mine as base:

There might be a lot of changes though considering the introduction of R8 classes. Maybe take off some points from crossfire and put it somewhere else.

Here’s how I’d go about it:

• Archer1 - Oblique1, max swift step, max multi, save 4 points
  • Ranger1 - Max barrage, max steady aim, crit shot or high anchoring for remaining points (whatever floats your boat)
  • Archer2 - put saved points instantly into swift step, max it, then max multishot, at least 1 in heavy shot and full draw for utility, rest of points is up to you (don’t get kneeling)
  • Scout1 - max cloaking, max flare shot, 1 fluflu for utility, rest goes into camouflage
  • Fletcher1 - 1 broadhead, 1 crossfire, 1 bodkin (for final boss is siauliai mission), max broadhead, save remaining points
  • Fletcher2 - max magic arrow, max broadhead, save remaining points
  • Fletcher3 - max broadhead, max magic arrow, 3 DMA, 1 barb arrow, rest in crossfire

What about stats? Full Dex or Full STR?

Please refer to this thread for discussion regarding that:

1 Like

hey buddy, does the 25% crit rate buff give us 25% chance to crit or does it multiply our current crit rate rating by 25%?

No, just the crit rate rating from DEX stat, equip bonuses, and other possible sources.

If thats the case, I would guess that at least getting some dex is necessary… Full str woulf give you dmg but it wouldnt really help that buff… Unless you are able to get a lot of crit rate from other sources, im new.

early game u will suffer fromlack of crits if u go full str

but later(for me after reaching 170) this issue doesnt affect me anymore

you can even take away ranger and you’d still be fine.