Tree of Savior Forum

Pub Quests, Same repeatable quests no more

Well, I have an interesting idea that would change the meaning of repeatable quests with a little sandboxing of objectives.
Pub Quests. (The idea is kind of based on Ragnarok DS with a few modifications)

The Pub Quests would be given by an npc in the town, that as said in the title, is inside the Pub, there will be a list of quests that he will offer, with the last one being of a tough monster or boss to hunt.

The quests that appear there will pick random monsters or items that can be found on the fields and dungeons around the town, and then list it as objective with numbers required depending on it’s rarirty, so players can hunt them to acquire exp and game coins as reward depending on how hard is the task.

Depending on the difficulty of the quest, you could have more chances of acquiring a good equipment or item that may be usefull for you as a reward.

And the best, there is NO LIMIT of quests you can do a day!?!

And more, Every 5~10 minutes, the quest set resets, meaning that a new set of random quests will be disponible to be acquired.

The quests from the pub quests could also make use of quest objects that are used only on some specific quests, and are found on fields, increasing the number of uses they can offer for you.

Also, there is more, if players want to go hardcore, there could be listed some Party quest, where you need a party in order to complete it in time, the quest would give a good number of good loot, but there would be a or 2 hours of cooldown to be able to acquire a new quest, and also a time limit to avoid soloers.

The only cons the system would have could be:

1. You cannot complete or cancel a quest on a pub on other town, and the pub master of the other town will not allow you to get a quest unless you get rid of the quest you have.
  2. You can only accept a limited number of pub quests. Around 1 to 3 is fine.
  3. A day deadline.

So, liked the idea?

1 Like

I really liked the idea. It could also be a Quest Reward board, not a person, like Fairy Tail or Final Fantasy Tactics tavern missions.

But I’d put some kind of daily limitation because otherwise it may get exploitable to get good items easily.

I does not like the daily limitation, since the initial idea os to say goodbye to the same clichĂŞ and repeatable style of quests from other mmos.
Plus, would be like an alternative in case you does not have found side quests, or just want some random mission to do while off main questing.

I guess it’s a decent idea, as long as they’re worth it and not a nuisance. Also, party quests are already in the game.

Maybe they could give random rewards to make it more interesting.

The idea is definitely interesting but it kind of reminds me of the quests system in etrian odyssey or final fantasy’s workboards. I think it would probably break the monotony for leveling that I have heard about but that depends on how much they westernize the leveling experience for exp gain and the leveling curve. Personally I hope there is more of a focus on putting quests in rather obscure places or based on drops from certain mobs or kills in an area which trigger quest lines.

That kind of quest procurement would give me much more incentive to randomly explore all of the maps in hopes of finding secrets and filling out the adventure journal. A great example would be the manhwa Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, in that by doing what seemed like arbitrary tasks you unlock quest lines that follow your likes and dislikes. Learn to sculpt and unlock a class, decide you really like doing cooking and learn some skills and or get a ton of kills with a certain weapon and unlock a class or quest for it.

Yes the idea behind quest hubs are nice because of the consolidation of quests and the abundance and easily procured experience points would certainly be useful. But I feel that it would be as detrimental to this kind of exploratory gameplay present in ToS as touring quest chain lines are in WoW and that they kind of limit you in scope to only focusing on the board and not looking around for secrets.

Just my two cents, I still like your idea but possibly with limitations on number of quests completed. Who knows, maybe have certain quest chains open up if you are diligent and do daily board quests every day for a month.

1 Like

I like this. A limitation makes a lot of sense though. It would also be nice if the boards differed from town to town, and the set limit was per town. This means, you could travel between towns to access more quests, but you still have a hard cap when you combine the number of quests per town. This helps with flat EXP rewards, because the higher level you are, the more EXP you need, and the more town you probably have access to.

To make this not a mandatory thing it should have lower exp reward and probably a nice money reward.
And maybe gives some extra interaction with npcs like % discount for % cleared chain quest or something like Dragon nest npc special interaction where you could give them gifts to increase their affection to you. If you max it they some times sent gifts back to you with money or craft itens…
Its a possibility

1 Like

@Simbaoshi No no, limitations sucks, better not.
@VnZzz Eh, the second part of idea sounds more like npc dating system.
And terribly remember me of Mabinogi.

Idk if its really a dating system, but yeah sort of?! For me its more a “get influence or conquest their respect” thing ~

That’d pretty much make them mandatory then.

yeah your right. It need to be a slight % to not make it mandatory.