Tree of Savior Forum

Psychokino after the patch

The nerf make that build has less dmg skill andneed to relie on R7 dmg, also the nerf make people doubt to go C3 and go cryokino or pyrokino instead.
Kino still have many CC, but most skills need good aiming and timing, I messed up and miss a lot when started tried pvp, but if use well it really help the team situation.

So you’re saying don’t go Wiz3/Kino3.

No. Depend on preference I have a wiz3>kino3. My char can do well in solo questing, but for pvp my char can’t do much alone cuz I have only PP as dmg if I screwed I won’t do much dmg for 30sec, most time need an ally to do dmg.
But I had met people who’re wiz3>kino3>wl whose dark theurge is really strong because QC attribute.

Wiz3 offer you nice dmg boost from QC, but if the build don’t have much dmg skills afterwiz3(eg. Link3 or thau3 or kino3 for pvp) won’t get much benefit form QC until you get some dmg skill from R7 and above.

The worst part is, it’s not even that big a slow. Chrono unlocks slow at the same rank as kino3, but kino3 is circle 3 while chrono is circle 1, yet kino’s slow is worse than chrono’s slow! This nerf is absolutely horrendous.

IMC went full retard on nerfing gravity pole they could have made it as a DPS skill or just a Cc skill but they ended up on the idea making it unusable in PvP

1 Like

My fav wizard right now is my Ele3 wizard at the moment and will be going Wiz3/Ele3/Warlock2 for full dps but if you really think about it, elementalist will fall off eventually if you just look at the skill stats. When rank 11, 12, 13 is introduced it will be a combination of linker and cc classes instead of Ele3 and will incorporate the new dps classes for the most optimal build imo. Probably something like Wiz3/(3 spots for cc or linker class instead of elementalist)/Warlock??/new dps classes.

Sorcerer I think will age well because it scales well with int and int almost grows exponentially due to 10% bonus each rank up and the higher the stat the more frequent the bonus stat. So assuming there is no class reset in the future (which I think they will have to give some sort of class reset or else new players will not pick up the game and many existing players will quit because rerolling rank 12 or above just for a few class differences is just insane) I think elementalist is a dying breed and only a matter of time. That’s why I like kino because at least it won’t be fully useless as it has more mobility and cc than elementalist. And the kino concept is just cool so I started leveling kino already. I’m just gonna go Wiz3/Kino3/Warlock2 and hopefully Warlock3 has a super dps skill just like elementalist gets frost cloud for cycle 3. The reason I’m not going cryo is because I heard it’s only strong up till lv 200 and it’s more pvp than pve. I don’t care about pvp so… This wiz3 build will have some dps and some cc but not the best at both I guess.

1 Like

@Gomgomi it was stated confirm 80++ class with total of 10 ranks only o.o …

Actually I found out today on Korean forums. It’s heresay but apparently the IMC ppl told the Korean fan base when the game came out at first that no more new classes will be introduced after rank 8 and that there will be up to a total of rank 11 where one extra rank is a hidden or bonus rank.

kino dmg on pvp is a meh.the only useful skill i use is the teleport,telekenisis(but i only use that if my pt still alive or 1 enemy left) and ofc the raise but being a cryo3kino3 the IW+PP can still wipe a party:p

If you have no use for Psychic Pressure, Magnetic Force or Raise then god you’re doing it wrong. A lot of the top ranked Kinos are unstoppable when it comes to CC and every time I get one of em in my party I more or less can predict a win.

To the other whiners - get good and stop crying over spilled milk. The class still has tons going for it.

1 Like

people just love to exaggerate -_-

even though IMC stupidly overnerf gravity pole doesn’t make kino useless in pvp

2 Likes

new to kino here, how exactly do you contribute to bossing? Swap? I did missions on my kino for the first time today, never ranked above 3 in dps, and even timing PP doesn’t get it past a few hits. I don’t expect much from this character considering I’m going alch, but i’m still relatively terrible early on.

its ok to nerf GP coz lets admit it its kinda OP but they Nerf it so hard that its so ugly in a way… its a channeling spell means u cant move while casting so they can basically disrupt your skills. its much be better if they just remove the duration of the effect of GP like in pvp it will suck you for like 3 sec or something and after that it will just deal damage, something like that. at least the CC that it has is still there. I played dragon nest and this is how they fix imbalances in pvp and pve. like you have different damage and duration effect in pvp and in pve all original effect is implemented. Coz the number you need in pve must be huge number to kill a high lvl monster but in pvp it differs.

Should’ve read up on the class before deciding to play it. Kino is terrible at bossing without ice wall + pp combo.

nah, i’ve read and seen for myself with others in missions. just wanted to know if anyone has come up with anything.

Besides, I otherwise enjoy the class a lot. bossing was never a priority for me, though being more useful seemed nice.