Tree of Savior Forum

Psychokiner with Pyro and Cryo?

I have been thinking a lot about how to combo my character for efficient farming and the most damage that he can deal with his build.

As of right now I am Wiz C1-> Pyro C1-> Psycho C2.
End goal of going Alchemist for money making.

Psychic Pressure when used with Fireballs creates explosion that shoot out in a wide area of damage. The problem is the Fireball gets pushed away. BUT, when you have a piece of terrain like a wall or anything solid that things can’t pass through, the fireball doesn’t get pushed because it is stuck on the piece of terrain. It also allows you to keep hitting the fireball indefinitely, as psy pressure doesn’t take away its tick count for damage.

Ex, Fireball will hit monsters for X amount of ticks of damage and disappear. If I psychic pressure it against a wall where the ball isn’t actually touching monsters, but the explosion is, the fireball will stay indefinitely until its overall timer runs out. And the monsters will take the damage from the explosions.

So I was thinking, of picking up Cryo C1 just for Ice Wall, So I can combo the Ice Wall, put Fireballs down behind it, and Psychic Pressure the Fireball into the wall for both Fire Explosions and Ice shards.

It sounds good in theory, but I am worried the damage won’t be great, but then again it might be pretty damn good, both fire explosions and ice shards and possibly freezing enemies.

Do you guys think this would be useful and relevant? Or would I be better picking up Pyro C2 or something else entirely, like Thaum C1 or Sorc C1 or Chronos C1 or something else?? Maybe Ele 1 just for combustion?

You might deal good damage, but the problem is the long setup and how easy the combo can be interrupted.

As I’m someone who has played both Pyro 1 > Psy 3 and Cryo 1 > Psy 3, I definitely would not try to build around just one little gimmick. You will deal great damage, but I find it so unreliable to use practically.

Psychic Pressure will bump a fireball in the direction you’re facing.
You can turn your character while using PP. It shouldn’t be hard to have a cluster of fireballs rotating around you.

I think maybe the idea of being able to freeze is what is really making me want to get Cryo 1, but I am pretty sure it will make my character weaker than it should be. Although Freezing a group into Magnetic Force stun into Telekinesis Slams just sounds like fun.

Moving the fireballs like that is good and very useful, but it still doesn’t stop the fireballs from touching enemies like the Ice wall would. But that technique is something I definitely need to get better at.

What do you guys think about Sorcerer C1, or Chrono C1, or Maybe even Linker C1?