Tree of Savior Forum

[PSA] Temporary Boss Crash Solution

The only solution for now is to leave a member off the screen of Boss just in case it shoot its pellets and cause a DC. There is however a time limit you need to kill the boss off quickly before you crash again. So if it did crash, not all will be out of the map as 1 player assigned is still in the map and allow the others to restart the client and come back in the LVL 130 dungeon and not wasting your entry allowance to try the boss again. It works for us as a group. Hope that the bug will get debugged soon.

Turning off mount worked for me, though it had nothing to do with teh mount actually hitting the boss during it, since I was cata and was mounted. But didn’t crash again after I turned mount off. Maybe it has something to do with a companion or a target who is related to a companion taking damage? apparently it isn’t the same issue for everyone though

Apparently stuck at Polinkis Forest and most methods aren’t working on the boss. :confused:

Wow, it worked! I also did notice, that even debuffs can trigger crash - i used deprotection zone on boss, and game crashed alright. Turning off companions and avoid normal attacks/DoTs are also the must. It takes me 5 or 6 tries, but it’s not impossible, that’s for sure. Thanks again! This topic saved my day.

Yes, I found out some bosses will crash you no matter what you do.
I have no solution yet for those bosses.

Here is how I managed to get around the bug:

1. Put the game in window mode before the fight.
  2. When the boss goes dark blue means he is going to use the stupid Atari Skill, press X to close the game(window) but don’t confirm.
  3. After 6~10 seconds cancel the Quit option.
  4. Do step 2 and 3 again when he repeats the attack.

Enjoy and pass it on to your friends.

2 Likes

As much as I hate playing in Windowed Mode, I’ll give that a try in a bit.
I got fed up with the Boss Crashes that I went to play Dragon Nest and Aura Kingdom. lol

I think I found the origin of this bug.

After I crashed many times, I found a simple solution. You have be very far away so that you don’t see the boss on screen while it is using red bullets. That’s all. You can still see the flying red bullets but don’t see the boss

I tried it with Pyromancer. I casted all my fire skills (Fire Ball and Flame ground) and ran away immediately after finished to prevent seeing Boss using red bullets.

The boss can take dmg just fine while it is using red bullets. Dob’t need to turn off graphic. and I dont have a companion also. I will test with it later.

That’s it. Hope it helps all of you

WTF ? i want to promote cancel buttom for GM, this is the only way i can figth with bosses today, so cancel saving the day again… ty man for the tip ! …

i can certify that this crash is dependent on how you can manage your FPS during boss battles.

was able to get through multiple bosses just by making sure it keeps above 10fps

I’m always around 80~110 FPS when playing.
When the Rage Bullets appear, I usually drop to 14~22 FPS.

But that doesn’t matter against some bosses that will actually crash you regardless.

I’ve had bosses that dropped my FPS down to 0.03 and didn’t crash. Only to this blue rage attack that I crash. sad

Thanks a lot, again this exit cancel trick works 100%!! :relaxed:

Fought a really buggy Bramble this morning but I killed him without bugs tonight. All I did was turn off FXAA and played in window mode. I also stood still when he glowed red and so far no client crash happened. Hope this helps too.

B = boss
Thats the only boss attack that will make you crash …the other bullet attack wont

2 Likes

I tried this and it works.

1. Switch to windowed mode
  2. Turn off vertical sync

u’re not alone dude :confused:

thats roughly the easiest part of the bosses maybe devs would deactivate it i hope :frowning:

Big Tree boss aprox lvl 50 shoot red thingys and even if you avoid them, the game crash, can’t go any further than this one.

1 Like

That’s one of the few bosses that seem to crash no matter what.
I started getting this a couple days ago.

Haven’t played ToS since.