Tree of Savior Forum

PSA: Retiarius - Rete debuff

Bosses are immune to it, so you can not gain the extra damage. You can pick the “Throw Rete: Enhanced Net” attribute, which cuts your debuff down from 8 to 4 seconds at max level in order to debuff bosses as well, but it only affects Throw Rete (which I consider a 0 points skill in a PvE build). Overall, interesting concept for PvP, but completely useless class in PVE, so pick something else.

Seems pretty obvious from the skills in the tree that Reti is strictly PVP fare. I guess you could justify PVE DPS with corsair/dagger or tank with vital protection but not overall main hand DPS.

It’s not completely useless in pve. Being able to pull in 8 mobs and place em right in front of you then nuke em with a hard hitting skill (doesn’t have to be a reti skill) is good for mobbing. It’s -almost- like joint penalty except you gotta bring AAR to really tale advantage of this.

Imo, I think it would be more accurate to say reti isn’t good at bossing instead.

How is Throw Rete a 0 point skill? It’s better to have more skills to disable monsters and boost the damage of your pierce type skills. Since none of your Rete skills has an overheat, it’s hard to use Dagger Finish, Trident Finish and possibly Stabbing on an enemy during the 5 seconds of Pull Rete.

And if you play without dagger, you have more than enough points to up Throw Rete to lvl 6-8.

Well, it does 0 damage, it doesn’t cluster mobs and we can already one shot any mob at lv 360 without using debuffs. Talking about grinding here, not bossing or pvp.

Why not just spare at least 1 point. You not always 1 shot in CM and ET. Also you can occasionally 1 shot 8 mob at a time :grinning:

PvP only skills in a game with dead and useless PvP is kinda weird. ;o

Ironic isn’t it? Well maybe not since this is IMC we talking about. The company is a huge anomaly lol. They do everything backwards like releasing weekly bugs instead of fixing old ones :joy:

1 Like

Actually its pretty good on PVE. Swordsman overall is bad at grinding compared to others