Tree of Savior Forum

[PSA]Massive Ransomeware attack

CNN:
Cybersecurity firm Avast said it has tracked more than 75,000 attacks in 99 countries. It said the majority of the attacks targeted Russia, Ukraine and Taiwan.

If you updated your windows computer you should be fine.

I don’t see reasons to not patch an OS, specially Windows which is the most targeted one (or at least does look like that).

Then again, some computers out there still using Windows 95/98/ME/XP which updates services are discontinued.

1 Like

Why make a stuff like this for 5% of the world (Mac / Linux) when you can hit 90% Windows.

Windows has the most things targeting it because its used the most by a mile.

1 Like

… There was also a critical bug with windows defender that was discovered on Sunday. This bug would allow full control of your computer via special with remote access.

This explains the auto update without warning that happened to me while I was worshiping (Or maybe just a coincidence since I always change the “active hours” in the control panel because I’m lazy; Could’ve probably not noticed the update notification.). I’ll let the interruption slide if it means I won’t be ransomed to view all the loli glory. I was going to decide to turn off the windows 10 auto update but I guess not anymore.

Time to run Linux, everyone! :V

You want Linux to be the next target… confess lol.

Time to stay on Windows, everyone! :<

3 Likes

20XX will be the Year of the Linux!

1 Like

“OH lets patch the bugindows for security and get another 220 more bugs.”

Windows Update patch 289338971209834avx2 New Features: Bugs, crashes and incompatibility.

No, thanks, i’ll be fine.