Tree of Savior Forum

Pryo Skills vs Cryo Combo for Boss Fights

Hey again! I’m back with (another…) Wizard question!

The question is this: if we were to compare the “ice machine gun” damage of Ice Wall + Psycho/Linked AA’s on a boss to the damage of Fireball + Flame Ground + Fire Pillar on a boss, which would scale better over time?

I am asking this mainly because I have seen a lot of information on both of these class skills but I haven’t seen a comparison of them. For the sake of proper comparison, let’s say that this is only comparing how well the Ice Wall combo damage scales with a C3 Pyro’s skills on a single boss enemy, without any extra buffs.

It depends.

The answer is dependant on whether or not the boss dies within one icewall combo or not.

The icewall combo can only be done once every ~minute. It’s an amazing amount of burst, but after the combo is done you’re not doing stable dps.

Fireballs have a very short cooldown ( but tend to get knocked away in boss fights ). Flame Ground can mostly be kept up 100% of the time, unless the boss is moving around too much.

If you have Isa, then the icewall combo should be more powerful, as you will either kill the boss in one combo ( if it’s an instance boss ), or do a crazy amount of damage once a minute, at least ensuring that you will get a boss box ( if it’s a world boss ).

Excellent, especially the RC suggestion! :open_mouth: Just a theoretical question here, but say I went Chrono C3 with both of these classes. For Pyro, Flame Ground and Fireball are both on 0 second cooldowns now, and Flame Pillar is on a 75 second cooldown. For Cryo, Ice Wall is now on a 30 second cooldown timer, and thus can be used twice per minute.

Now who would be better? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yet again, for comparison sake, it would be only Chrono, I think if I had Iso and Chrono 3 it would be absolutely broken but as of yet i don’t have access to that, they need to release rank 8 already! haha)

bump anyone know how well this would work? CryoPsycho + Chrono 3? :wink:

cyro3-psycho2-RC would be the strongest icewall combo.

14 max PP targets. (there’s 16 wall tiles, but…)
15 Icewall integrity (i could be wrong on the exact scaling, but it gets tougher at higher ranks)
3 shards per hit
3 Isa multiplier (or 4. depends on how it’s mathed)
=1890x

could be pushed up to 2736x with DM, gems & the +2cyroskill weapon

dropping down to psych1 cyro2 in order to fit in chrono3 would drop the output to 270x, or 462x with DM/etc. it’s very much the sort of combo that just gets more ridiculous the more you spec into it (but that, in turn, limits what you can do outside the combo)

side note: there are field bosses with in excess of 260 million HP. they’ll survive even the most ridiculous such combo.

vanilla pyro3 is about 416x/minute, not including basic attacks. getting attributes all up to 100 would be rather expensive tho.

Oh I see now, so it is sorta balanced out by how much you have to invest into it, I gotcha now. I was thinking about going Cryo 3 > Link 2 > Featherfoot 1/Rc 1/Warloock 1 or something else similar, but this combo sounds so good @_@ would it be better to be link 2 over psycho 2 for group content though? I would still be able to link together walls to perform the ice bullet combo, it would just be a little slower due to auto attack speed… What do you think?