Tree of Savior Forum

Provide us SOME ways to trade 1:1 for transcended weapons?

Casuals either don’t have that choice or choose to not to spend the time playing.

To put it in terms the current generation can understand, it’s usually the casuals who spout “AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT” and just quit anyway.

Just for the sake of argument, I also got my degree while holding down a job, and finished college with no debt and a job waiting for me. I also played Ragnarok Online during most of my spare time.

That’s a conscious choice on my part. It requires those things called “time management” and “prioritization”. Assuming you actually have the choice to dedicate time to play ToS, there is literally nobody except you to make said choice to put in the time.

Of course, the underlying assumption is that you know that this is a traditional Korean MMO grinder, and that these types of games require thousands of hours. Without knowing that, you’re in for a big surprise.

And none of that has anything to do with the original topic.

=====================

I’m not particularly against the idea, especially since I was recently inconvenienced by this exact issue. However, it invites RMT because now I can just sell off Trans10 weapons under the pretense that “I’m giving it to a friend”. There are actually businesses that cater to third party transactions like these, and I wouldn’t be surprised if ToS accounts were being “sold” there, given how “dead” the game is.

While most people think “bots” when they hear RMT, you have to remember: RMT is when money changes hands for something in game, and IMC doesn’t get any of it.

1 Like

I would like for a way to trade trans gear, it would be useful to trade gear for guildmates…

Now, for the part of potential RMT…
Welp… its currently going with velcoffer gear… and theres very little that imc can do about it…

Most of the negotiations happen outside the game, and the only thing that goes recorded in the game is the trade itself… So i really dont know how they can counter that…

**I have been offered a velco gear for an absurd amount of silver ingame, or 80 dollars ±, sadly it was on discord and i was told that discord proof isnt that good… Also one ex-guildmate also got offered a similar deal ingame, dunno if he send a ticket…

The game isn’t dead because of a lack of 1:1 trade of transcendent weapons - that is the least of IMC’s concerns.

The game is dying because of a lack of quality content - garbage servers that can’t handle a 10 v 10 GTW - terrible PVP content with bad rewards - Gacha system that NA players generally despise because it is exploitative - terrible balance issues - boring world bosses that take 2 hours, etc

All this takes supreme priority over one marginal Quality of Life buff, that also has downsides. If I were IMC this would be bottom of the barrel priority.

3 Likes

How I manage my time in this game is purely subjective AND irrelevant to the topic being discussed here. I also don’t give a ■■■■ to how you make silver in this game or how effective you feel your methods are. Nobody ever asked, but I thank you for telling me that you can farm with a meme chap /s

Just in case you didn’t know, the whole point of this thread is “not being able to trade a transcended weapon to a designated person”.

This is not a thread crying to IMC that “silver is so hard to make”, this is a request to IMC that they need to stop these crazy restrictions because these so-called “RMT” deterrents they have imposed over the past two years have completely failed.

This whole “invite RMT” reason just sounds absurd in so many levels.

1. In order to trade, you need a token on both parties

2. Bots do not buy token nor do they transcend their weapons. Therefore a transcended weapon is mostly coming from a legitimate source (not a bot silver seller)

3. You could theoretically “buy a clean +21 velcoffer weapon” with real life cash, then transcend it later after the trade. As of this moment, what really matters in this game is the Anvil enhance number of your weapon, NOT transcend level. Why do you think diamond anvil costs 100m each now? If players truly want to RMT their weapons, they simply do not transcend it.

4. What destroys the in-game economy is silver farmed by bots, not 1:1 trade. It makes 0 sense for a 3rd party business to sell transcended weapons in this game for profit. Why? Because it requires a ton of labor, and you actually need to play the game to obtain the recipes, the mats, the shards and the silver to do so. Also considering the pathetic amount of players who are left playing in this game, why wouldn’t the 3rd party allocate their resources into more popular games?

5. You can sell your transcended weapon on the market now. IMC gets nothing out of it as well (in game currency does not actually bring them any revenue).

Also to your point of “IMC not getting a cut on the trade”, this itself is ridiculous and is exactly why TOS is so dead. Why does IMC need to get something out of the game when “money changes hands”? Trading with friends, sharing gears/mats is the very basic feature that every MMO has. IMC already forces users to pay a VIP membership just in order to “trade 30 times”, and they require BOTH PARTIES to pay.

IMC can also easily put up a TP item to “unlock” a transcended weapon. THAT is how IMC get a cut out of the transaction.

Not this reason alone for sure, but definitely part of the reasons. There’s a reason why they are revamping the token (not sure how it will turn out eventually but perhaps we can finally trade for free).

Why do you think they put up the new player events? Because they couldn’t attract new players. Even if they do occasionally get new players , they can’t retain them. Do you know how many new players quit after their first week of the game? Well, as soon as they find out that without a token they pretty much can’t get anything from anyone, not even their own alts. 1 market listing, 30% commission fee, no team storage, no trading without making things untradable. Most of these like you said were supposed to deter RMT, but the truth is we have had heavy bots/silver ads spam since day 1. Garbage performance aside, tree of restriction is definitely the top 3 reasons.

2 Likes

Lol you didn’t notice you started to ask total hours of playing in team, then bring in real life time management then assuming wrong things about people.
I could quote everything you said and reply but you are just on a rampage when multiple players gave you more than good feedback.
About the trad-able transcend items, even if the entire itos stopped buy gachapons to protest and ask for a talk, imc games would not give a s hit still and only do things on a whim or when “pressured” too much by koreans.

• That’s correct. You act like two non-bot players won’t have Tokens. You act like two legitimate players aren’t capable of agreeing to a transaction outside of ToS. You know all the people that get accused of RMT? I bet they have Tokens active. Lo and behold, two legitimate sources with Tokens, and therefore the ability to trade to Trade things!

• Diamond Anvils are 100 mil because people are retarded. It’s a play on the human psyche, and really has nothing to do with Trans.

• The third party sites don’t sell the items, they facilitate the transaction between the two players for verification purposes. That is, making sure that player A actually has the item, and player B actually has the means to pay for said item.

• Yes, you can sell your Trans item on market now. In fact, you can get non trans item too! IMC gets no money from Market sales because most of them don’t actually involve money! WOW! Except for the 1 mil Mallardu Meat. Obviously.

Because they’re the developers of the game. Why do you think EA and all the other big names get pissed when people resell games on the secondhand market? It’s all the same reason, they’re not getting a cut of the money.

Not really. Everyone is given the same 24 hours in a day. How you choose to spend it is your choice, not anyone else’s. People claim to that it only takes a few hours to “gitgud” at any given game. Look at any game that has regular international tournaments. You really think the “well known” players only spend a few hours playing casually here and there?

Yes, you can play casually if you want, and it’s all in the name of fun, right? Until you try to compete/play with the so called “elitists” who put in the massive amounts of time necessary to get to where they are now. And all of a sudden, you’re not having fun anymore! Surprise!

===================

Anyways, trading Trans weapons 1:1. Sure, I wouldn’t mind. Don’t care about the additional point of RMT, it’s a dead game, right?

1 Like

do you?

Wow you truly have no clue do you? Or did they invite you to chime in here? The “multiple players” who gave me “good feedback” all circled back to the exact same thing - “trading trans gear invites RMT”, “you should farm a trans 10 it’s easy”, “you are not farming correctly”.

Quoting me without context doesn’t make you valid really. You quoted me for responding to RandyBK (and Remiri), in which he claimed that getting a new trans 10 is easy. I responded by telling him that it takes 3 characters and 142 days of saalus to get one and unless you farm all day with 12+ characters. He claimed that he didn’t “farm all day” and when I asked for his in game hours it’s a whooping 7000 hours, averaging 3-5 hours per day of farming for a long long time.

Conclusion is you either farm all days or it’s not easy to get a trans 10.

Trans gear could not be transferred via storage or be listed on market initially. It could very much be the next thing for them to look into. Less restrictions and more players friendly = more players to actually play the game.

IMC already enforced a series of new policies to get rid of RMT. I wouldn’t say they completely ignore us. Even if they do ignore ITOS, players who still care about the game should speak up. It is only a matter of time for tree of restrictions to drop another 500 active players anyway.

I don’t. But I have had multiple friends who tried this game for a week and then quitted, it’s a real bummer.
I don’t think any of us have the actual stats on what makes people quit the game unless IMC somehow release their analytics. I personally think the long list of restrictions definitely contributed to it.

Or you can tell me that everybody is happy with all the restrictions they are playing with. That’s fine too.

1 Like

No I didn’t “act like two non-bot players won’t have tokens or the ability to trade things”. I already mentioned multiple times that you simply can’t regulate 1:1 trade between actual legitimate players. My stance on this is if actual players want to trade real life cash for items and you try to regulate them, then you are trying too hard because it’s really none of anyone’s business.

…? I mentioned DA being 100m because enhancement is way more important than trans. You then responded “because people are retarded”. While I agree the anvil enhancement system is this game is utterly garbage, people who want a better enhanced weapon are not retarded.

Enhancement number is definitely more important than transcendent number in terms of value.

Again, this can very much be happening now. All it matters is the weapon piece cannot be transcended. I also like to circle back to my stance on 1:1 trade, it simply cannot/should not be regulated.

As long as the trade doesn’t inject billions of bot-made silver into the market, it doesn’t destory the in-game economy. Why do you care if someone out there is making 1:1 trade?

? I don’t understand what ur trying to saying here

They are the developers of the game who managed to drop from 57k active players to 1.3k in 2 years. Applying restrictions everywhere and treat players like dirt will not take them any further. Since you mentioned EA, they got so famous for pulling some dk moves on their players.

At the end they made some policy adjustment for their players and reduced the price by 75%.

Also, IMC can easily get a cut.

I again don’t understand what you are trying to say here.

1 Like

did your friends quit because of trade restrictions? If so then OK - I just think it is a minor issue.

And tell me what person is going log in, do 3 characters of saalus a day, and then log out?

It is, play the game, you don’t really have to farm and do saalus, only. :joy::joy::joy:4head ::joy::joy:

I didn’t tell anyone to chime in, they also find your posts ridiculous. ultimapi hit the nail on the head with most of it.

I didn’t “farm all day” once Nobreer became obsolete. I stopped that altogether. And it is normal, whether you say it isn’t. Coming to an MMO, and a Korean one at that, and expecting to have fun with little investment is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I guess the only content that’s fun for some that I can think of is quests and lore. but for players like me, I like having investment on my characters to have fun, as do most people. Coming home after a long day of uni I start relaxing and do 3 hours of farming, it really isn’t that bad. I stopped after 3 hours because potion of the victor is a 3 hour duration and it helps my SR tremendously during the farm (too bad only guild victors can get this). I did some HG here and there but that’s about it. I forgot to mention I left my laptop on all day back in the days because of canceril/templeshooter. That way, my friends can just kill the boss while I was in uni. Easy silver, indeed.

1 Like

Yes. They quit because of trade restrictions. One of the actual scenario is a friend of mine got a recipe for the red devil wing hair acc (from mage tower lv1) and he’s short of the ingredients (some mats from drake). I have it but I can’t trade him. He got really upset about how restricted this game is.

He quitted on his 7th day in the game, I even offered him a free token (you actually can’t trade token so I was planning to buy him a steam gift card). He now plays MHW now…

1 Like

People who work a 10 hours shift on weekdays and are only able to put more hours into the game during weekend, I know plenty. PM me and I will show you screenshots of them telling the guild they can’t join for album party because of work.

Playing the game doesn’t give you shards unless you specifically try to farm it. Let’s say you do 1 CM 7 everyday, you still barely get any extra shards on top of the one you get from saalus. Legen raids on multiple characters also take quite sometime, and they don’t give you shards either.

Yes you can run Gem pvp but again that’s just PVP content that not everyone want to do.

7000 hours but “I don’t farm all day” is what sounds ridiculous to me :joy:

Ya, players like you (with 7000 hours of in game time), not everyone else. If you don’t feel like the restrictions hurt you "because you can easily get new trans 10 weapons) than this post is certainly not meant for you.

1 Like

Sounds like me in uni, going there in the morning on few classes, have 4-6 hour break in-between studying, eating out with classmates, and socializing, leave uni at 8, get home at 9, farm.

Idk, selling a few pair of wind runners for 30m ea can net me a lot of shards. As ridiculous as it may seem, people do still buy these for high amounts of prices.

There are hundred of players with over 10k hours, and most of them aren’t even AFK necros. They just sit in town just like me 4head From what I remembered, when rank 9 came, I only had 4k hours total.

It definitely hurts new players I get that. And they should definitely do something with tokens, because not attributing your skills efficiently because you don’t have a token is BS.

1 Like

Please don’t mix your student life with actual work life where people need to pay their own bills/rents/provide for others. If someone needs to go to work at 8 everyday and get home at 9, why the ■■■■ would they want to farm?

“Hey I just finished a whole day of work, you know what let’s cook myself an instant noodle and farm for a few hours”

I applaud you for your dedications to this game, but no this is not what people need to do.

AKA you farm

Well the game has like 1.3k people playing now so I wouldn’t be surprised that there are “hundred of players with over 10k hours”. Sooner or later these will be the only players left in the game. Thanks for keeping the game alive I guess?

1 Like

Lol, you’d be surprised at how many of them do that. Just like ultimapi says, you’re free to do whatever you want with your time after you’ve done your business. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you only have a couple hours a day to play, why wouldn’t you play as efficiently as possible?

There’s nothing wrong with playing casually unlike your other stupidass reply to me above, it’s when you complain that you have no time to do anything as a “casual” and all the silver you do make is wasted on stupid ■■■■.

There’s a difference between casual and bad. Sometimes people just look for excuses to be bad and then justify it by calling themselves casual. That’s why I disagree with making certain things too easy.

4 Likes

It is more of priorities, I have to work and most of the time can only afford to play a couple of hours a day and only during weekends.

MMOs always lean towards those who are able to put in more time for it. It’s the same everywhere. Just do whatever we can if we are limited by time and not aim too high (in terms of gearing). Most of ToS content besides the unbalanced PvP and WB doesn’t really need high transcended/anviled equipment to clear.

1 Like

Are you truly this stupid lmfao?

“It’s when you complain you have no time and your silver is wasted on stupid ■■■■”

The whole point of this thread was to urge IMC to lift the restrictions being placed on trans weapons so people can reuse weapons by giving them to a designated person. How I spend/spent my silver is completely irrelevant. The only possible downside of this is the possibility of 1:1 RMT and you aren’t even on the same page.

I could very much be spending silvers on a trans 10 velcoffer weapon but I’ve decided to not play that class or even the game anymore, and I want a friend to receive my hardwork instead of some random whales who want an extra weapon for their alt.

This shows me you are lacking basic comprehension skills and I suggest you re-read the whole thread.

“Bad” , “too easy”

You think you are “good” because you can farm so many hours a day? You think players are “bad” because they want more freedom to trade with friends instead of “just re-enhance and re-trans a new one”?

Farming HG/mats/recipes aren’t rocket science, there’s nothing innovative that you did can differentiate yourself from the rest of the players. Only difference is you’ve sunk hundreds of thousands of hours (or you RMT/Spent thousands of dollars on gach) in this Korean grindy MMO.

It’s quite pathetic to me that you feel like that in a MMO. I can totally understand if today we are discussing DotA 2 or Starcraft where every single in-game mechanic can distort the balance, but this is a MMO with cute characters/storyline targeting casual audience…

Where the ■■■■ is your high sense of self esteem coming from?

1 Like