Tree of Savior Forum

Pros and cons of pelta2-reitarius3 or pelta1-nak-reitarius 3

As the title said, i wanna know the pros and cons of this 2 builds:

sword 1 - pelta 1 - hop 3 - doppel 1- nak - reitarius 3

OR

sword 1 - pelta 2 - hop 3 - doppel 1- reitarius 3

since i’m quite new in sword world (main archer all the way :smile:) i don’t know which one to choose… i do PvE/Boss mainly and some guild PvP.

Just my opinion. Nak muy is quite underwhelming. Go with pelt2 for longer duration of guardian.

The pros for nak muy build is it provides some skills with low cooldown as filler. However, from my experience they are very weak skills.

1 Like

This build sucks for Bossing.
Or both builds.

For pvp proly Nak will do better because of the CC skills and even in PVE, the bleeding effect from one of the skills + Cutter Card (+30% dmg to enemies suffering from bleeding)

Pelta 2 gives more time to Guardian so u can have that working all time, but u wont be able to use Gung Ho

I see, i’m really thinking to go to nak since we can get a unlock voucher from PP shop … until today i really can’t see if gung ho and concentrate are worth it buffs since i don’t understand how they work…

BTW, do this build really need centaurus card? If i’m not wrong, Cutter Card and centaurus are both red…

In my opinion centaurus is very important to swordsman. If cutter is indeed red, then go with centaurus…

I did the same thing you plan to do. I used the unlock voucher for nak muy last time. I regret not getting the miko one because I need one now.

I may be biased here, but I would never recommend nak muy to any build. In my opinion it is the most useless hidden class. Please don’t hate, I’m just speaking from my experiences with it.

Edit: both gungho and concentrate buff are a bit weak as swordsman C1. You can get concentrate to lv5 and use the tiny boost if you want. The benefits of Guardian (cannot be used with gungho) definitely outweighs lv5 gungho. I don’t know how well this build does at bossing. Someone above mentioned it sucks, but I think stabbing and pierce do OK against bosses.

I came here to decide what to do since i’m new in the sword world. I’ll not hate you because of your point of view (i’ll accept every opinion since i would like to someone accept mine too when i said something :3 ) and i play exclusive with archer (falconer 3 - Mergen 2 all the way) so i don’t know nothing about swordsman :smile: and i’m gratefull that you’re trying to help me.

I saw a brazilian guide (i’m from silute) and he uses nak + cutter card in this build and get a really good damage (550k +), that’s why i came here to try to understand what build should i go and how they work, pros and cons… and about someone said that stabbing and pierce sucks, i disagree too, i really like to use against bosses and even pve and i really like it.

Thanks for all help <3

The problem on Centaur(?) card is that you lost Glassmole or other dmg boost cards.
You can use other sources for aoe ratio too.
I like Headgears with aoe ratio.

This class sucks at bossing because you dont have much (GOOD) offensive skills.

You got the C3 skill blandir Cadena(?) Stabbing and Trident Finisher thats all.

Rode3 mum/Corsair/Fencer/Doppel/Dragoon maybe even lancer will outdps you.

This build is good for farming or even pvp but not for bossing.

You could go Pelt3/Rode3/murm1/Rete2 this build has way more dps but needs more investment and is almost immortal.

It proly needed it way back but the AoE Ratio problem doesnt seem that bad now with the last swordie patch that increased many skills aoer

PEL3 there’s your problem
I tryed that build as well but without Hop3, instead i went barbarian3 to extend Rete debuffs and god, it was awful (ofc by that time i was just R9 and blandir Cadena does some nice help)
I tell u something, being full Pelta without murmillo is a waste of circle, even with umbo thrust debuff it lacks of offensive power

I usually get on rank1 at bossing stuff without being a whale

Well i played Pelt3/Hop3/Rete c3 it lacks offensive power.
I have no clue from nak since nak & squire are the only sword cls i never played.

With pull rete everything is easy.
But dps wise this build is on the lower end.

Just considering… What about sword 1- peltasta 1- hop 3- doppel 3-rete 2?

great… i clicked on edit instead of reply… well the answer again

PEL 3 there’s your problem
I tryed that build as well but without Hop3, instead i went barbarian3 to extend Rete debuffs and god, it was awful (ofc by that time i was just R9 and blandir Cadena does some nice help)
I tell u something, being full Pelta without murmillo is a waste of circle, even with umbo thrust debuff it lacks of offensive power

I usually get on rank1 at bossing stuff without being a whale

I would suggest something along those lines

Sword1-Pelt1-Hop3-doppel2-rete3
Sword1-Pelt1-Hop3-doppel3-rete2

At 500 Str, Gung ho lvl5 gives you about 150 P.attack, and Gung ho lvl15 gives about 300. The good thing about it is that you just have to turn it on every 5 minutes, nothing more. Concentrate sucks.

Always go Pel2 if you plan to PVP with it at some point. It’s too good to not pick up.

Nak Muay works as a filler (I main a Sw3 Pel2 Dop1 NakMuay Ret3 at the moment), but between Nak Muay and Pel2, I’d always go with Pel2. You can never go wrong with it for a HopRet build.

I’m planning to drop Nak Muay if a rank reset comes my way again for Sw1 Pel2 Hop3 X Ret3 with X being either Doppel or Corsair.

Get Nak Muay if you don’t have enough skills in your rotation. If you’re looking for additional CC skills, Rod1 gives you more.