Tree of Savior Forum

Prophecy buff get deleted by "Frost pillar" / "Joint penalty"

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 2017-01-24

Server Name: Klaipedia

Team Name: Alsheyra

Character Name: Alsheyra

Bug Description :
Prophecy buff from oracle get instantly deleted in pvp (number of charge left doesn’t matter) by frost pillar or joint penatly, maybe even other skills.

This bug appeared at the same time as this bug : Frost Pillar FPS drop

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Get prophecy buff from oracle
  2. a) Get pulled by an ennemy frost pillar
  3. b) Get linked by Joint penalty to other player / object

Screenshots / Video :

5 Likes

bumping this, it is a huge bug that needs to be resolved quickly.

@STAFF_Letitia can you please comment on this? Is IMC aware of the bug?

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/41009

As detailed and AFAIK Prophecy has a limited effect ie. at lv.1, it can block 2 debuffs before disappearing even before duration ends. It’s unlike PD’s bloodletting that has no “hit” limit except for its duration.

The JP part does seem weird, but the Frost Pillar one seems expected. I can relate though how annoying that latter skill is.

If I may ask, what level is your Prophecy?

Come on, did you read at least what I wrote ? I said the number of charge doesn’t matter, everyone who know at least a bit how prophecy work know it doesn’t disapear on the first frame that frost pillar is casted, and if you played pvp a bit, you would know that that bug appeared in early january (same time that frost pillar fps / crash appeared) which weirdly is written again in this post.

And unless you are unaware, frost pillar pull isn’t a cc rank 1, which shouldn’t use prophecy charges anyway, and secondly, the chance of freeze once pulled is only like once every 2s (and I said chance), which there is no way it would delete even a prophecy lvl 5 in 10s of sitting on the tree for fun (if it worked correctly like before january), and the video is made with prophecy lvl 12.

I was aware of the recent FP change that’s why I said it was expected.

I can’t figure out the problem with JP, but with the interaction between Prophecy and FP the problem seems to be with FP itself, not Prophecy.

I’ve been suspecting the frame drops are caused by how insanely fast FP inflicts the pull and/or freeze effect. I’ve noticed this when someone with very high resist/SPR stands next to it, the “resist” notification rapidly cycles above him (at some point I’ve noticed mobs in ET displaying this behavior as well when FP’ed).

• Maybe the pull itself is a debuff? If you have a Kino friend w/ G. Pole, it’d be great if you can test if the same happens.

• Or maybe if the freeze didn’t proc (it failed), that would still consume Prophecy charge?

• I always thought higher rank CCs will always consume Prophecy charge even if not blocked. Seems logical in my book. If I wore a bulletproof vest yet a stronger bullet still went through it, the vest should be considered partially damaged.

If anything, it’s FP that needs to be fixed since it’s still badly affecting the gameplay of a lot of other players, or at least the skill’s interaction w/ other skills. JP interaction on the other hand needs to be looked into further.

The pull itself is a cc, but unranked.
Gravity pole doesn’t pull in pvp so there is nothing to test.
Freeze from FP has nothing to do since I said even if you sit on FP for the whole duration it shouldn’t remove prophecy lvl 5+
Higher rank cc doesn’t eat charge from prophecy, logical since it’s not used. (I mean it’s defensive magic, a charm isn’t burned unless it’s used)

The bug come from (whatever they did and are unaware) early january, which make skill like JP and FP pull misinterpreted by other skill as rank 1 CC even thought they aren’t, and infinite call with server (which is the reason FP cause fps drop / crash) in the same frame (they forgot to get out of some loop or forgot to time effect on animation, whatever they broke, they broke it)

Maybe they changed it because it should be used? At least maybe that’s how IMC considered it which I too think makes sense.

Anyways, the problem here seems to stem from the recent change on FP and likely a few other skills, or perhaps resistance was changed to be made a significant aspect of gameplay (they introduced +90 SPR $hop bracelets after all).

bump this bug still not fixed yet, 2a) is fixed but 2b) is not fixed

There is no mistery… Every skills that pull in characteres consumes charges from prophecy… FP and magnetic force for exemple.
The case Jointy penalty consumes instantly the prophecy, is becouse Joint Penalty debuff. JP has 3 debuffs… and every character that its connect apply multiplication. So, if you link 2 players, prophecy count as 6 charges.

I Play TBL every week, so I have tested it alot.

If you played TBL, you would know jp has 3 debuff and himself is a debuff, that’s 4 charge of prophecy not 50. because it could instantly delete a lvl 15 prophecy with 30 charge before prophecy rework. Meaning it’s bugued.

And if you played every week, you would know that before jp/frost pillar bug happened (around second week of january 2017), never jp nor frost pillar could delete prophecy instantly with a bug, and jp itself or hk aren’t lvl 1 debuff either and shouldn’t use charge anyway.

And since you mentioned MF, it’s funny because they bugued mf with prophecy now too, because they made mf pull rank 1 debuff making it use charge from prophecy but forgot to remove the hidden debuff from MF, meaning if someone with prophecy get hit by MF, he will be immune to any hold CC afterward because of the bug. (while being hit by a CC while under CC immunity doesn’t stack cc dimishing return system stacks.)

So no, there is mistery, they are bugs and knowns for a long time.

And btw, if you saw how bugued frost pillar was with prophecy and that they were able to fix it since, you should know it’s possible to fix and a bug, and not how it’s intended that there is 50proc of debuff applying instantly and spamming animation for some IMC magic code.

As I told… JP consumes more than 3 charges of prophecy.
Lv 15 prophecy has 15 charges not 30. I have checked it before replay you.

Every 0,3 seconds FP applies 2 “debuffs” (freezing and pull in).
In your video, cryo uses his FP at min 0:15, and you got freezed at min 0:18. If you use math, 15 prophecy charge / 2 debuff = 7,5 prophecy charge (against FP) … 7,5 charge * 0,3 hit FP = 2,25 seconds.

I don’t think It’s a bug, FP, JP, desinchant, Restrain with rush are prophecy counters of course. Or don’t you think skills has no counters? If not, clerics tree are God against everyone.

When I play TBL with oracle, and my enemy team have cryo, I try to avoid his FP. It’s simple xD

Plz, really, if you checked how many charge prophecy had, you should check the date of video too, because prophecy is caped at 15 stack at lvl 15 only since r9, which is like 2months ago, so check your maths for them to correspond with the double number of prophecy count to make it true.

And why are you mentioning the frost pillar part of the video, when frost pillar pull rate was fixed around may-july 2017. Even more funny when even now with a prophecy lvl 15 so 15 charge, you can stand on a frost pillar for more than 2.25s when on the video with 30 charge you couldn’t.

And as I said in my post above, there is no reason JP should delete prophecy instead of only using 3-4 stack maximum even if it was supposed to work like that. And no, prophecy charge shouldn’t be used when someone else is linked to you, debuff aren’t linked, this isn’t physical link but joint penalty we are talking about.
I told you you can refer to any video of JP interaction with prophecy before early january 2017 to know how it was supposed to work between them (And plz don’t try to mention it’s a change IMC made intentionally because it isn’t and shouldn’t even be argued)

There is a a few counters for prophecy, did I mention them as being bugued, no.

PS : if you are a cleric with c2/oracle and are running away from frost pillar because you are scared of prophecy charge being used up, it’s pretty pathetic, especially when you can just fade it.