Tree of Savior Forum

Proof that new players can still level fast

Even without leveling event, newly made accs still get a lot of stuff…
Made a new acc and streamed leveling progress.

2 Likes

I’m really curious, why would a new player want to “speedlevel” and miss on all the content?

Don’t get me wrong, i get bored af doing quests now because i have a lot of alts since the time you needed to do quests to level up, but i don’t get the trend to get to max level asap as a new player.

6 Likes

If you dislike it, doesn’t mean so other person dislikes speed leveling too.

I didn’t say i disliked it, i just said i don’t get it.

it’s to show new players how they can keep up to max level asap when their eventual reroll happens. because face it, this is still the tree of rerolls

That’s true. Rerolling is a must in this game, but as a new player it was really fun doing quests, exploring the world, discovering how dungeons worked… After doing multiples alts things began to get really tedious, and i think the changes were for the better, but i really don’t get people who just want to skip all the way to max level without exploring the game first hand.

I guess it’s a matter of gaming culture

Actually, no. For me it was fun leveling and grinding straight from the beginning. I liked that items and materials were dropping like crazy from mobs and levels were just exploding.

These events are the reason there are several high level clerics around that don’t know that Cure can take out bleeding :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

And also why 9 out 10 Archers you get in an instance-matched party have the [Swift Step: Party Sharing] attribute (no debate, it’s f*cking useless to everyone else but you [addressed to anyone who’ll fight me on this], not even another Archer needs it because they have their own).

Or that almost all the Chronomancers, Thaumaturges and Chaplains indiscriminately apply all their Tier1 buff effects with no care in the world whether it’s useful (eg: casting Stone Skin at entrance areas) or too much (Daino solves this, but let’s face it, most people don’t care enough to bother).

No offense as to what @Unlocked accomplished/showed off, of course.

I’ve encountered far too many high-level newbs these days and it’s kinda sad. Maybe if they took it slowly on their first character and actually L2P’d first, they’d be a little more useful.

14 Likes

Are you a new player? That would explain your mentality as before all these changes, if you were a new player without high leveled friends, you couldn’t just grind to level up “fast”

2 Likes

This.
Swift Step and Reflect Shield are cancer.

12 Likes

A lot of Doppels just using Cyclone instead of their other stuff that cause way more damage.

Wizards not using lethargy in a party with Sappers or Murmillos, using Reflect shield close to everyone wasting other buff slot.

Monks sending everything flying with Energy Blast.

Falconers 3 not using circling, and the Quarrel variant don’t even use Kneeling Shot… And have Reiters that are not using Limacon too…

It’s kinda funny in the sad way. I hope that they will get better eventually and the people will buy some attributes that make the class work or at least don’t make the others mad (remove knockback attributes specially).

1 Like

most newbs uses campfire inside the dungeons XD but want fast leveling lmao… (don’t teach them to buy pots, they’ll be triqqered huehue).

1 Like

lol, new fresh acc, and I managed to level fast. What kind of high-level friends you’re talking about, I have no friends.

This is why i like the old ro because there was almost no way to speed level to 99.

1 Like

Now quest especially repeatable quest is use for becoming saved warp location… Hahaha

1 Like

Hmm… I have no idea about how new players are playing this game for the first time nowadays, as far as i can feel, the nuances of start playing 1-2 months after f2p open and start playing right now feels different. New players have tendency to explore things, doing quests, and most importantly interacting with other new players also, but i think lately only few players are doing that.

This is so true. I really hate that shared swift step and also the priest who cast stone skin and revive at the entrance before the 10 second count even started. :tired_face:

1 Like

Please read again.

/

1 Like

people picking up fights for nothing.

2 Likes