Tree of Savior Forum

Problems coming after problems - The game is already in ruin?

The moment you realize that 95% of all complaints are just small time moaning… it should dawn on you how stupid the title sounds.
Issues have been had, compromises have been made.
The token system is a minor inconvenience and nothing more. Whats up with you children wanting to call a game pay2win all the time? You think 30% xp boost, a bit of walkspeed and some more dungeons/day will make something pay2win?
Do you even know what the word means?
Go visit a few cracked ragnarok online servers, where you can buy max refined gm stuff and boss drops for money, then come back and tell me about pay2win.

I loathe people calling gamers pampered, but some people are really pushing on this bias.

12 Likes

If you don´t like it don´t play it simple as that.

1 Like

technically walk speed is pay2win.

I bought all 3 packs tho…

Also @Athem it’s not that they didn’t do research beforehand for convenient servers, they’ve been trying before any info about open beta even came out, they’ve just been in such a rush to bring the game to america they didn’t have enough time. Imo anyway.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t consider anything that can be traded to be p2w, you just need to substitute it for time spent in game. I do think tokens (or TP) should cost less though, at least for the higher cost of living countries.

Please keep in mind that ToS is still in Open Beta. Things are subject to change.

They clearly state on their Steam page:

Please only purchase the DLC if you wish to support us in the early stages of release.

They realise they are still in the early stages.

About the EU server: on Mar 16th John said this:

So you knew there was a chance they may not even have an EU server before you even purchased the DLC.

If you are unhappy with the way things are going, I suggest you wait until the Open Beta is over, because things will be rocky until then.

2 Likes

Athem, you’re always speaking doom and gloom. Chill out for once man

4 Likes

stop assuming, stop guessing, but keep complaining.
“game will sink down”, “IMC will not change anything”
game is good and IMC are doing common things to make money:

1. sell founder pack
  2. make premium system
  3. open cash shop
    If I have to describe how you guys are in worse way:
    “Poor kids”. <~ not sarcasm
3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

" Just keep in mind, that LoL only has cosmetics in shops, and they are
living pretty good. Cosmetic shop can be a huge hit, if it’s managed
well."

LoL also has a massive amount more players, letting them get away with simple cosmetics, ToS doesnt have that huge of a playerbase, theres no way they can make enough money off of a handful of costumes and hairstyles.

Theres a compromise that needs to be set in place or things will only degrade, if trade was fully open Bots/Currency sellers would be rampant and destroy whatever semblace of economy there’d be.

IMC isnt swimming in cash, all they done so far wasnt free to them, nor will the server maintnance / bot fighting and futur content be.

They need to get that extra money where they can.

You could, maybe, watch animes while waiting for the game to be released.

Based on his profile he said he is 30 yrs old. I loled. Every thread he makes is all about whining. What does he know about running a company? But sometimes he makes good posts but he still proceeds to flame the company. I dont know how indecisive this guy can be. Bipolar probably.

1 Like

U Forget we have only server NA

I don’t like whining, but I partially agree with him.

Come at me.

1 Like

Most FTP, just about all of them from the mmorpg side, are on steam as a last ditch or second chance at fame. They released outside of steam and decided to use steam later for more players/money or to bleed the last out of their product.

ToS is launching virgin, internationally, on Steam. Don’t compare.

WoW is 15usd a month, not 10. Last time I paid 10usd for a solid western mmorpg was over a decade ago, maybe even 13 years? Dofus and Wakfu at one point were both sub based, with wakfu needing to go ftp and still suffering while dofus has enough people subbing multiple accounts to multi box to carry both title’s expenses alone. It’s the game, not the price.

I don’t see anything substantially wrong with this game’s mechanics, token, or cash shop systems. I’ve already gotten both dlc 1 and 2.

Will see you in game Athem. :wink:

2 Likes

rofl this just made my day

1 Like

I’m glad you are happy. So predictable.

To sum up this topic in a few short words; “I don’t want to spend money, game is going to crash and burn because i say so!”.

In all honesty, I was apart of the Beta testing of this game, and have played on the Korean version of it. Enjoyed them both, didn’t even spend a time in the Korean version, although I could have, but chose not to. That didn’t ruin my gameplay, especially for a game like Tree of Savior.

Honestly, people are getting their panties in a not over nothing but convenience items. Like really, movement speed +3? So someone can walk quite literally 0.5 seconds faster than you, and that’s going to set people off? Give me a break.

Until we know how much stuff will actually cost in the cash shop, there’s no use in complaining. For all we know the cheapest pack for $10, and the TP they provide you could even be enough to buy a token, so right there, you got your monies worth, and were bitching about the Token system for no reason.

And in all honesty, 5 dungeon runs (per dungeon) a day is fine by me, personally, as an Mmorpg player myself, after 2 dungeon runs, unless I’m really gunning for an item, well, I’m flat out bored of it. So I can’t imagine limiting dungeon runs is going to make very many people cry out “The sky is falling!”.

But hey, to each his own. I’m just going to enjoy the hell outta the game. Already clocked in over 130 hours during the Beta, so that right there tells me I must be enjoying it regardless. (And even more hours on the Korean version, been a while since I’ve checked though.)

4 Likes

All these people complain about P2W but ever since I joined the internet back in 96’ - I have never figured out how does one win an online MMO. I mean seriously how does one get to this ‘You Win’ screen and credits rolling. All of my years of gaming I never got this playing any MMOs. Someone needs to enlighten me.

1 Like

http://ust.chatango.com/um/m/a/madokat/img/l_203.jpg
This again~

Pff.
Yes trading and market needs to be westernized.
It will hurt the game and still not prevent bots.

But dungeons adn other benefits are alright.
The price is subject to discussion … wont be attractive for many, for the benefits it gives.

Cosemtics on the other hand … i already have a few that i need to buy … will come out with 800 tp … or more.

1 Like