Tree of Savior Forum

Problem with game controller joystick - after patch

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 29/05/2018 - just after patch - GMT+8

Server Name: Telsial

Team Name: Mastache

Character Name: all char

Bug Description :
1)having problem with the movement joystick. the movement of the joystick got delay.
sometime after i let go the joystick the char still moving according to the last direction for 2-3tiles.
Sometimes the character move the opposite direction which cause my quarrel shooter hit and move the opposite direction.

1. the attack got after press delay. after i let go the normal attack button and try to move around. the char stuck and stand at the same position and continue attack action for 2-3 hit then only my character move around.

Steps to reproduce the issue :
1)
2)
3)
4)

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Joy pad

System

• CPU :
  • RAM :
  • Graphics Card :
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region :
6 Likes

Same thing is happening to me too. I even thought my controller was broken because keyboard mode was working fine lol. Maybe its just some controllers that dont work, because some of my guildmates have no problem at all(I use a PS4 controller with usb cable )

Same here in my Xbox 360 joystick.

Same problem, I’m using ps4 controller via Bluetooth

Same problem here with generic joystick. Is even worse with a archer

Same here in my PS4, Pro Controller Switch and Xbox One joystick.

The following steps fixed it for me:

open steam app, on the top left option list, click:
steam > settings > controller > GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS

if you are using PS4 controller, check the ps4 controller box (etc for others)

on the bottom, the detected controller should show your controller, click on it.

click on identify and then click calibrate. choose complete auto calibration

follow the instruction and complete the calibration. now the controller should work fine for ya.

1 Like

The calibration did not work for me. Everytime I take an action he runs straight for a slit second and i cant switch targets.

Hmm, I don’t see a problem on mine

By chance, are you guys using wireless? I’m using a wired Xbox360

That fixed it for me, thanks. For some reason, moving and jumping in a diagonal became much harder though, but guess I’ll have to get used to it.

this explains why I would complete the rainbow track in 3 minutes and today It took me 15. I thought I was the problem but the directions kept changing every time!

Also try this, alt tab from the game and back to it.It takes the game a second to detect the gamepad again ( PS4 Joystick).

I have this problem too… I actually thought it is lag… before I tried it with mouse/keyboard (unless controller-specific lag can exist)… It affects my wizards the most and I guess would affect my archer… so basically ranged stuff…

Mostly I don’t have a problem even when I attack nothing there is no problem but when I attack a monster and I try to move around during/after it… it rather starts to move in the last direction that it was recognising and make a few steps and during that I can’t control my character…

I thought I have a massive lag with my Onmyoji yesterday during challange because my character was uncontrollably running around but it seems like I didn’t… So it even affects aoe skill usage badly I guess…

This part for some reason is non-existent for me or my generic controller xD… also for whatever reason I tried to set the buttons in the window that popped up… xD but something is either wrong with my controller or steam doesn’t like it because I had to reinstall steam because of it… All that i learned from this amazing experience that I have no idea how steam works and why wasn’t there a reset button for my ■■■■■■ up settings xD… I don’t want to touch it again lol…I’m lame…

I solved my problem after testing a lot of things.
The file “hotkey_joystick” in tos folder looks like its the problem, i think. I edited him because the buttons got swaped for no reason, and, this delay problem dissapeared o.o

Can you share us your edited file? It’s really annoying to play with those problems

Sure, HERE the file. Tell us if worked. Remember that this can change ur buttons order.

I always had an edited one and actually after the patch I had to replace it. So the patch did affected that file… but doesn’t matter how I replace it or verify the game files to get the original… I still have the problem… :confused:

Yours doesn’t work for me either ( and also not good for my buttons…they are weirdly swapped with yours too XD )

I think the last thing I’ll try is to verify the files again and try to compare the original one with my old edited one if I see something different…

I’m not sure why for some ppl the issue gets magically solved but nothing works for me and my lame little controller… I should send in a ticket later but I’m not sure if IMC will acknowledge the problem…

Aw LOL… I found the cause of my problem…

I have no idea if this is a magical solution too or works for others too…

But actually my alchemist didn’t have any problem and I didn’t get why first… then I checked the settings…

After I unchecked the “Controller Vibration” in the settings it works fine again. My controller can’t even vibrate afaik…

Also as I said I used an old edited xml file I had… and it did change with time… don’t know if with this patch or an earlier one tho… but I rather updated the new one to my settings ( but that rly wasn’t what solved my problem )

Well… I just can’t play like this lol

My character is almost a pro in ski ballet because it can’t stop sliding through the maps.

No word from staff? @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

I like you Amy and Ines, please don’t let me down!,

Just show me a way to get one my controllers working correctly! (Xbox 360 or PS4, does not matter T.T)

the fix presented by @flyawaychen solved the issue, did you try it?

Yup, no luck here. So sad