Tree of Savior Forum

Prisoncutter card for Fencer

I retuned some days ago to the game and reroll my Fencer.

I have this Build idea.

Using the Pb card 3x to have higher PB and use the “Prison cutter card” instead of Glassmole to have perm Bleeding with Crosscut.
I dont test the cards till now.
Maybe it works with thrust too on a sw3 build did anybody test this till now?

1 Like

Yes Prisoncutter seems to be the way to go now if you are a HL fencer. Also look into Rajapearl cards, there is some synergy there as well.

Seems like a solid build to me. Focus on getting those G.Golem cards up first. They’re really worth it for any non-Sword class and non-SwordC3 or low/zero-block builds.

Avoid relying on Thrust for Bleed. The proc chance is too low for it to be worth.

Agreed. Don’t even waste points on Thrust. Crosscut is more than enough.

Crosscut definitely applies to world bosses/bosses, but not sure about the card. I’m really curious about this card setup in general though

Ive tested prison cutter card its like 20 sec of bleed from 2x OH of crosscut and that long all my skills damage got increased by 30%. Tbh its better than gmoles cause no need for 2x mana pots spam for a 12 sec patk boost.

Here’s all my thoughts on this card setup if anybody cares or wants to add any additional information:

theres a few arguments that can be made for or against raja+prisoncutter, since im hl2 i find raja+pc to be better suited for me, but theres a few aspects in either case

1. Resources
    If you are willing to put the resources in, glass mole is WAY better regardless of your class build. By resources I mean the small tp pots, kiesta recoveries, lv15 alch pots, and huge sp pots. All of them proc glass mole, and it has almost as high of an uptime as raj+pc if you do that, however you will be burning a lot of money that way. Something else potentially overlooked is that for SP managment, it is extremely nice to not have to open your combos with an SP pot, thus if it is the first enemy you are hitting (such as a world boss) you are wasting like half of your SP pot

2. tbl
    if your fencer is sw3, you have a decision to make: do you want raj for pve, or dullahan for tbp/pvp? The bleed damage you get from raj is garbage in pvp. However, it’s still a little bit viable. Furthermore, glass mole is infinitely better in pvp as well, unless you get lucky. I’ll go more into this in a different point, though.

3. world bosses
    Well, the only real reason to get raj+pc is for 1v1 since it’s not nearly as reliable as glass mole being on-demand for mobbing. If you want to seriously compete, raj+pc imo is the way to go for world bossing. However, it is very difficult to compete as a fencer (likely depending on your server) in klaipeda, world bosses are swarmed with shinobi murms, so its rather difficult to rank against them.

4. The damage formula
    this is where i’m going to expand on gmole being better in tbl, excluding the obvious reasons like bleeding being protected by bloodletting, etc. If you do not have really high phys damage already (you’ll likely need full solmiki and trans 10 vs world bosses for raj+pc to be better than gmole tbh) due to how tos uses exponential and logarithmic formulas now, and your low patk in tbl vs everyones pdef, and high world boss pdef, the further you get away from these def values, the more your damage will increase, this makes gmole very good for that nice burst damage

5. my tests
    I am unable to do a full burst combo in one gmole cast. As such, that immediately made it seem like raj+pc will be a better choice for me, so it’s what im going to use. in either case, gmole has bad uptime compared to bleeding, which in my build I can reach bleed uptime of about 100%, and gmole in almost every skill test only did about 7-11% more damage than prison cutter. Furthermore since I’m hl2 and sword3, it’s important to note that double slash and skyliner get 50% more damage upon bleed. This would be impossible to achieve 100% uptime with with only crosscut, but raj makes it possible.

Finally, just something else that I learned:
prison cutter multipliers multiplies all of your damage BEFORE ADDITIVE DAMAGE INCREASES ONLY, this means things like elemental attack will NOT get multiplied by prison cutter.

2 Likes

Glass Mole doesn’t affect crit attack, elemental attack nor blessing too, so that’s kinda a moot point. Instead, Prison Cutter should affect Crit Attack since it is part of your main damage when you crit, but I can’t say for sure.

More importantly, the effects of cards like Velnia Monkey/Prison Cutter weakens if your build contains buffs like DoV/Druid3 with henge stone/lycan.

Example:
Druid3 lycan + hengestone = +30%
Druid3 lycan + hengestone + Prison cutter = +30%

Going from 130% to 160% is an increase of 23%~ overall, compared to classes without any additional modifiers.

It wasn’t even meant to be a point, it was just something that I came across, hence leaving it out of the rest of the list

post is meaningless at this point anyway because since that post I learned rajapearl doesn’t even work on field bosses so
das it mane